Housermania!

pi2000

6 hours ago, pastajoe said:

I’m wondering since the Amerks have 4 games left, can Houser go down and play with them? Kris Young, the Amerks video coach, was their backup goalie last night. 😳

I believe Sabres can send down anyone who would not have to clear waivers to go down.  

Houser, Bryson, Samuelsson, R2, and Murray should be sent down to get more games.

Edited by sweetlou

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He played 3 very good games. Lots of quality saves in high shot games. He got lit up in one game. There were few if any bad goals overall. What's your bar? 

He had trouble controlling rebounds, which is a kiss of death for a goalie.  I think NHL is not his ceiling, but he did yeoman's work in a tough situation.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't agree. No more trouble than Jarry did.

What are your thoughts on the position moving forward? Would you say the competition between guys we have in system right now would be sufficient in producing the 2 NHL goalies we need for next season?

Edited by Thorny

36 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What are your thoughts on the position moving forward? Would you say the competition between guys we have in system right now would be sufficient in producing the 2 NHL goalies we need for next season?

It would be nice to see a larger body of work but I was impressed with Houser's movement and body control. Maybe it's his age and experience. He made many good saves against the Isles and Pens. Again, the real test is when other teams break down your video and find flaws. How do you respond? But I would bring Houser to camp.  

Ullmark is a question. There's no guarantee he'll resign here. The current crop of UFA goalies are JAGs. But you can improve your goaltending a bunch by playing smarter in your end. The Sabres biggest problem as I see it is playing in their end, coughing up turnovers that result in dangerous scoring chances. Maybe a lot of that was the result of youth being thrown together mid season. But that's got to get fixed.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.