Housermania!

pi2000

He deserves his own thread.

hulk hogan wrestling GIF by WWE

Is he legitimately in the mix next season?

He has more wins than Hutton, a .938 sv%, unbeaten in OT and shootouts, and the players seem to really really like him.... a lot.

Or is this all a mirage?  Due to a small sample size... recency bias?   A stroke of luck for a career journeyman? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

Pacing for 82-0 though.

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

No. He's not in the mix.

Unless he is. Right now who else is there?

But seriously, in a real season other teams would figure out his weaknesses and exploit them. It's like those rare times when I used to fill in goal in an elite level beer league. I'd be fine until the third period when guys figured me out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Houser is a nice story. He is not playing in net for the Sabres next year. He isn't going to be the backup or anything. Cool story but there's nothing there and he won't be a factor moving forward. 

24 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This is my guess, but I would keep him in the system, maybe at the AHL level.

ECHL level. UPL gets the AHL level and you get a competent backup (Tokarski perhaps) 

Yes, Sabres gave up a lot of shots, but they were not a lot of high quality shots and the rebounds were cleared away quickly. He made the saves he should have made but let in a softy and really did not move quickly laterally. He was better than the other goalies, aside from Linus, though. So ya, he deserves a look but I'm not locking him in to anything. Give him a chance to show maybe he has morphed into a NHL goalie, but do not count on that happening 

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Yes, Sabres gave up a lot of shots, but they were not a lot of high quality shots and the rebounds were cleared away quickly. He made the saves he should have made but let in a softy and really did not move quickly laterally. He was better than the other goalies, aside from Linus, though. So ya, he deserves a look but I'm not locking him in to anything. Give him a chance to show maybe he has morphed into a NHL goalie, but do not count on that happening 

He most assuredly does not deserve a look. Sign Ullmark and bring in an actual competitive NHL backup/starter. 

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Is this a testimony to the quality of Mike Bales?

You Got It Yes GIF by NickRewind

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Is this a testimony to the quality of Mike Bales?

To a degree, yes.

But, to another degree it is sample size & the fact that guys are actually enjoying coming to the 9ffice helps too.

Bales couldn't coach Johanssen up with all the negativity of the COVID pause & the losing streak permeating all thoughts & conversations.  And he couldn't keep Dustin Tokarski from eventually finding out he's Dustin Tokarski.

But he did had a role in getting Tokarski & Houser to play the best hockey of their lives briefly.

Luukkonnen, too.

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That wasn't a "softie." That was a goal any competent shooter pots 99% of the time. Often times those "amazing saves" are when the shooter misses that wide open net and hits the goalie. Hauser really hasn't let in a bad goal yet. And that's how we should judge him. Don't get hung up on the number of goals allowed. Pay attention to how he's moving. Does Hauser actually make a save or does the shooter miss an opening and hit him? Is Hauser always in position or does he overplay the puck and put himself out of position, even if no goal is scored? So far he's doing it right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

He deserves his own thread.

hulk hogan wrestling GIF by WWE

Is he legitimately in the mix next season?

He has more wins than Hutton, a .938 sv%, unbeaten in OT and shootouts, and the players seem to really really like him.... a lot.

Or is this all a mirage?  Due to a small sample size... recency bias?   A stroke of luck for a career journeyman? 

If we beat Pitt back to back he should get an invite to training camp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.