GDT Islanders at Sabres 5/4/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

47 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Islanders are far better than we are. Housser isn't that good.

I'm still going to watch.

Vegas agrees with you.  The Sabres are (unsurprisingly) the biggest dog on the board.  A bit more than NJ hosting the Bruins.   Smart money is on the Isles, big.  Do the kids have anything left in the tank after an emotional victory last night? 

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Isles won’t make that same mistake twice.

I disagree.  For the Sabres to begin to take steps forward, they need to beat teams, not just because the other team made a mistake, but because we beat them.  We beat them last night.  If we beat them again tonight, it's a big step forward in the team's collective development, to which I will say straight up:

MUST
WIN

• Like (+1) 1

So I missed the game and the GDT last night, but I found it pretty amazing that the Athletic reported today that Houser was born with 2 club feet.  He had multiple operations as a child and they must’ve been pretty effective, although he still couldn’t skate well enough to play any position other than goalie.

Good for him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Whether or not the Sabres get beat tonight, they outlasted the Isles at their own game last night and came out with the victory.

Watching the Islanders broadcast on rewatch they noted all the streaks the team had been on and the fact that they just came off an emotional three game set with the Rags so a let down wasn't exactly unexpected but they still gave the Sabres full marks for their efforts and coming out on top. 

So, that being said it could be a different game tonight. 

22 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I wonder if Borgen still isn't quite 100% after the injury.

I wonder if the Sabres think Borgen is their #6 and aren’t too worried about losing him to the Kraken, although they don’t want to totally tank the chance Seattle might take Miller.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.