Roster Off-Season Gameplan

GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Hire the right coach. Get the trades and FA acquisitions right and this team can put the losers in its rear view and focus on a winning future.

***** any of em that don't want to be a part of that. 

You want to blame others for CHOOSING to avoid this wreck? 

Just now, LTS said:

You want to blame others for CHOOSING to avoid this wreck? 

I'm not blaming anybody. I'm saying, you don't want to be here, then good bye.

The team has done nothing but lose so they're losers by definition. 

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sorry but Jack isn't going anywhere and either is Sam.  Jack needs to prove he is healthy and Sam needs to prove he can be an effective NHL center for a full season.  

I mean, maybe, but I don’t see why this is definitely true.  There are also serious advantages to trading them both sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

I mean, maybe, but I don’t see why this is definitely true.  There are also serious advantages to trading them both sooner rather than later.

I guess, but only if we get an Eric Lindros type haul for Eichel.  The only true advantage I see in removing the 2 best forwards from the team is the cap savings. 

Winning cures all ills.  If KA and his team can make the right decisions by getting good goaltending and a couple good defensive D, then this team with Jack and Sam is good enough to make the playoffs.  Jack, Risto and Sam are all right to be pissed and ashamed as to where this team is, but they also bare some of the responsibility.  Honestly, after Jack went down, this was the first time Sam showed real on the ice leadership IMHO and it made a difference. 

6 hours ago, Der Jaeger said:

Eichel to LA for Turcotte, Vilardi, Bjornfot, 2021 1st

Reinhart to Seattle for Kunin, Bellows, 2021 2nd

Ristolainen to NJ for Wood.

I'm not trading any of our key pieces not named Risto to Seattle. They literally have nothing but draft picks currently and I don't see them getting appealing enough young pieces to make me want to work out a deal. Only deal with them is a cap dump which I don't envision nor do I think it's the best way to use your young assets.

Blank slate. They are hitting the reset button and blowing the tank fruit to smithereens.

It could be Vegas or it could be MessyBalls all over again.

Good thing Kevyn Adams has assembled a crack team of expert hockey minds that has been busting their ***** all winter, leaving no stone unturned.

The bright side is, it will be interesting. Hang on tight.

52 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Tried a slightly different approach

Bring in Gallant and foster that under dog feel. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2385358

I should probably use this tool. You use it well.

I will say Vegas could be an interesting partner here ... but I want a higher ceiling than what they have to offer for Jack. They're probably a better fit for a Reinhart deal.

Also, you're not getting a player and two decent picks for Girgensons. He wasn't worth a 3rd prior to injury. He wouldn't fetch a 4th straight up now.

Love that Arizona trade.

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Blank slate. They are hitting the reset button and blowing the tank fruit to smithereens.

It could be Vegas or it could be MessyBalls all over again.

Good thing Kevyn Adams has assembled a crack team of expert hockey minds that has been busting their ***** all winter, leaving no stone unturned.

The bright side is, it will be interesting. Hang on tight.

Right. Our amateur and pro scouts really, really need to be going hard right now if we want to turn this around.

We should probably hire some. Ya know, like he said we were going to. 

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

I should probably use this tool. You use it well.

I will say Vegas could be an interesting partner here ... but I want a higher ceiling than what they have to offer for Jack. They're probably a better fit for a Reinhart deal.

Also, you're not getting a player and two decent picks for Girgensons. He wasn't worth a 3rd prior to injury. He wouldn't fetch a 4th straight up now.

Love that Arizona trade.

The funny thing with that tool is, once you post your roster, you inevitably, only, get negative comments underneath lol. No matter what you suggest there's a Joe Fan from another team telling you why it's not possible lol

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sorry but Jack isn't going anywhere and either is Sam.  Jack needs to prove he is healthy and Sam needs to prove he can be an effective NHL center for a full season.  

Lets see what his deal next season looks like. If they can only get him to sign for 1 year, then you MUST trade him

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Lets see what his deal next season looks like. If they can only get him to sign for 1 year, then you MUST trade him

Again it depends.  If the team is good he'll re-sign again to be a corner stone of a winning team.  If not you an always trade him at the deadline.  We'll probably get more this summer, but if he has a blow out year at center then his value could skyrocket.  

I maybe wrong about this but Sam could go (or be forced) to arbitration. If Sam asks for arbitration then the Sabres can ask for a one or two year deal.  If the team forces arbitration, then Sam can elect a one or two year deal.  If they aren't close to a deal, I can see Sam asking for arbitration based on his goal scoring this season and the Sabres can then ask for a two year contract.  This would give the Sabres more breathing room to discuss trades during the off-season or at the deadline and also give Sam more breathing room to determine the direction of the club.   

Its going to be an interesting summer.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Again it depends.  If the team is good he'll re-sign again to be a corner stone of a winning team.  If not you an always trade him at the deadline.  We'll probably get more this summer, but if he has a blow out year at center then his value could skyrocket.  

I maybe wrong about this but Sam could go (or be forced) to arbitration. If Sam asks for arbitration then the Sabres can ask for a one or two year deal.  If the team forces arbitration, then Sam can elect a one or two year deal.  If they aren't close to a deal, I can see Sam asking for arbitration based on his goal scoring this season and the Sabres can then ask for a two year contract.  This would give the Sabres more breathing room to discuss trades during the off-season or at the deadline and also give Sam more breathing room to determine the direction of the club.   

Its going to be an interesting summer.

Yeah.  Sam seemed sadder at his press conference, but i still feel like he's the more professional of the two and would just play out the string.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.