GDT Islanders at Buffalo 5/3/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that was a surprisingly pleasant experience. 

Houser was decent. They seemed so reluctant to play him I expected him to suck but he was fine. Good even.

First period it looked like it would be the same result but they bounced back and didn't quit. Nice effort all around.  

Since Eichel was drafted, Houser has played EIGHT AHL games.  This was an adrenaline special and now this young man will have a great memory forever.  Good for him.  But this very easily could've gone the other way.  Glad it didn't.

• Like (+1) 2

Am I the only one who thinks this team is slowly and still inconsistently starting to actually act like a team? The way they congratulated Houser just seemed different than say last year. Maybe it's just his first win and that's why. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Am I the only one who thinks this team is slowly and still inconsistently starting to actually act like a team? The way they congratulated Houser just seemed different than say last year. Maybe it's just his first win and that's why. 

Yup. You’re not alone. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Totally different team from the one that took the ice in the beginning of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

A team that really has nothing left to play for, that should be running for the bus, dug deep and scored four unanswered goals to get a Career ECHL Goalie who hasn’t played a game in 422 days,  a Victory in His First NHL Start.  

• Awesome! (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hoping your right.  But part of it might be that Houser at 28 years old was the 2nd oldest guy wearing blue & gold.

There's something to be said for youthful exuberance.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

The Thompson/Mitts/Asplund line does more communicating on the bench than any other line. They are constantly looking at their tablets and talking amongst themselves after their shifts. It seems that they are growing together.  Right now they may be our most active line. I thought Thompson had a good game. He was more determined to shoot the puck and be around the net than usually is. 

I don't want to over-interpret this win. But when this team gets solid to good goaltending (which we did in this game) this team has a chance to beat any team. That is not to say that this team doesn't have plenty of issues to address but getting consistent goaltending will mask some of our deficiencies. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.