GDT Islanders at Buffalo 5/3/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

@Taro Tplease help me if you can, but is this possibly the worst goaltending situation ever handled by an NHL team?  We're on Houser now, like it's Total Recall?

10 minutes ago, Norcal said:

They know they have it under control 

Yeah, because my pre-teen niecey is in net for the Sabs.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

@Taro Tplease help me if you can, but is this possibly the worst goaltending situation ever handled by an NHL team?  We're on Houser now, like it's Total Recall?

I dont know if it's worse or not but Granato mentioned a time when he was with the Blues that they used 6 tenders also.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's playing well.

No, he isn't.  He's a freaking mess and the D has to cover for him.

5 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I dont know if it's worse or not but Granato mentioned a time when he was with the Blues that they used 6 tenders also.

I didn't necessarily want a Granato anecdote, but ok.  They used 6 in a season.  I do--I mean this!--thank you for that.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No, he isn't.  He's a freaking mess and the D has to cover for him.

I didn't necessarily want a Granato anecdote, but ok.  They used 6 in a season.  I do--I mean this!--thank you for that.

I saw it in his pregame game presser, it was a response to a reporters question. 

31 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, because my pre-teen niecey is in net for the Sabs.

Said upthread, can't recall a time a team lost all 4 of their top goalies.  But this is the 3rd time the Sabres went through 6 in a season.  

The 1st time it happened the Sabres had the 3rd best record in the league.  So, it isn't always a total #### storm.

Haven't run across anybody using more than 6 in a year, though wouldn't be shocked if it happened.  Edmonton did it when they entered the NHL & there was the story about 6 in St. Louis.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.