GDT Islanders at Buffalo 5/3/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Stads said:

Militarized Whippets

or

Malaysian Liposuction 

Depending on what camp you're in

I’ll take Malaysian Liposuction for 2000 Alex.

If Doogie Houser can hold us in there tonight it will be a miracle. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hope Mitts stay hot and gives us faith in him moving forward

Hope Tage has a good game 

The Dream Team of young Dahlin and Henry have a good game against a tough Islander team 

I beg Almighty God that he shall bestow his infinite blessing on our poor unfortunate goalie  Houser and smite Satan and his evil, ah men 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Hope Mitts stay hot and gives us faith in him moving forward

Hope Tage has a good game 

The Dream Team of young Dahlin and Henry have a good game against a tough Islander team 

I beg Almighty God that he shall bestow his infinite blessing on our poor unfortunate goalie  Houser and smite Satan and his evil, ah men 

My son,

I will do my best to give young Houser the strength to smite Satan reincarnated in the form of the neutral zone trap. The Island Men from Brooklyn have angered me with their take few chances style of play. I know this season has been trying for you and your brethren. Keep the faith as better hockey should be on the horizon.

-Big Man Upstairs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Huh. I'd have thought we'd have skated with some more purpose considering our ECHL backup is starting and an emergency signing to the AHL team is now an emergency signing to the big squad.

The Islanders can skate with the puck and without it at full speed. We get the puck and start coasting 3/4 speed. C'mon! Accelerate to attack speed, team.

This team not only will break the all time playoff drought next year, I don’t see any signs that they will get to the playoffs for an indefinite amount of time. This is some near historically bad hockey with no end in sight. I don’t think Eichel or Ullmark makes this team that much better. The kids at best form a good 3rd line. We need just about an entire scoring line one and two. 

Just now, Claude Balls said:

Pretty sure the new car Granato smell has worn off. Looking like the same team that lost 18 straight.

Well, not exactly. Yes, the Win/Loss column is going south again, but, the team is playing markedly better under Granato. I do concede he isn't the top choice for coach given the roller coaster, but, with that said, he's still in the conversation to be sure.

Unfortunately, and I say this with the upmost respect, LG and others pointed to talent, and to addition by subtraction, they are correct. There needs to be further roster turn over. There needs to be a stabilizing coaching staff to build on that turnovers results, imho.

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

Missed a lot of games due to work.  Looks like I didn’t really miss much.  Houser looks ok.  Sabres should stop getting their goalies from the glass store though.

We had some nice games , but last few games were a bit worse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.