GDT Islanders at Buffalo 5/3/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Ullmark on the ice this AM I it’s Mike Bales before the Morning Skate 

Cool.  Let him get back into the feel of things in practice this week & have him ready for next season.  (Still expect they end up getting him back.)

Don't want him risking re-reinjuring the groin(?) that he already reinjured.

• Like (+1) 1

Skinner-Reinhart-Olofsson
Asplund-Mittelstadt-Thompson
Bjork-Cozens-Ruotsalainen
Sheahan-Eakin-Caggiula

Thank you.  Mitts has chemistry with Thompson and makes him better.

And if Bjork is a keeper I think it's gonna be on a wing with Cozens.

Line 4 is the equivalent of Star Trek redshirts.  Send them out to see if the atmosphere is breathable and the inhabitants are friendly.

I think the top nine are likely to stay like that for the rest of the week.  If Donnie Meatballs is gonna have a shot at the HC job he's going to have to show how well he can make things work.

Sabres win, 6-4.

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Houser first goalie off 

Strike that.  Sabres lose, 9-6

• Haha (+1) 3

I talked with someone over the weekend that is VERY good friends with Kevin Adams. I think moving Eichel off this team is the only option at this point. The only question left is what kind of return they can get. He should have never been Captain and thinks that he does not need to prove anything to the fans or management. Quite the contrary is Josh Allen, who felt that he had to EARN the respect of the fans and coaches. There are quite a few players on the Sabres who are just counting down the days until this season is over and can't wait to get the hell of of dodge. 

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

I talked with someone over the weekend that is VERY good friends with Kevin Adams. I think moving Eichel off this team is the only option at this point. The only question left is what kind of return they can get. He should have never been Captain and thinks that he does not need to prove anything to the fans or management. Quite the contrary is Josh Allen, who felt that he had to EARN the respect of the fans and coaches. There are quite a few players on the Sabres who are just counting down the days until this season is over and can't wait to get the hell of of dodge. 

We are keeping Jack 

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This is quite a scoopy post. It's a little difficult, however, to tease out what you're attributing to Adams' close friend (and therefore to Adams?), and what is your own sense of things. The bolded part above is especially interesting. Can you clarify, expand? As in, what did your friend say, specifically, and did he attribute those things to Adams?

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Houser will make His NHL Debut and play in His First Game since March 7, 2020

Instigators talking about this. Apparently born with two club feet. Doctors weren't sure about his walking and had several surgeries. Peters said it's a great move to give this guy a chance to get a NHL start. Hopefully his teammates will be inspired to play for this guy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This is quite a scoopy post. It's a little difficult, however, to tease out what you're attributing to Adams' close friend (and therefore to Adams?), and what is your own sense of things. The bolded part above is especially interesting. Can you clarify, expand? As in, what did your friend say, specifically, and did he attribute those things to Adams?

Well my friend is also neighbors with a current Sabre and so part was attributed to his thoughts. There are feelings that Jack is quite jealous of how Josh Allen gets the commercials, the praise, and everything else that goes to Allen because of his leadership and the willingness for people to follow him anywhere. 

22 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Well my friend is also neighbors with a current Sabre and so part was attributed to his thoughts. 

I think this confuses me further.

In any case, seems fair to say that you have a friend who's on personal speaking terms with K. Adams and a current Sabres player, and your friend has related to you his sense of what Adams' and that player's views are on Eichel.

12 minutes ago, Radar said:

Well I know a guy who lived in the same town as a guy who was related to a guy whose wife's sister knew the guy who drove the zamboni at the old Aud and he said............

Wow...what did this guy (or girl) say????

48 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

So Adams essentially told this guy he doesn't like Eichel's attitude?

As far as the bolded goes, of course.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.