Current longest playoff droughts of teams in the NBA, NHL, MLB & NFL

LabattBlue

Seattle Mariners 19(thru 2020)
Sacramento Kings 15(thru 20-21)
Buffalo Sabres 10(thru 20-21)
New York Jets 10(thru 2020)

It just happens to be that it ended up being one team from each league in the top 4 droughts. The Phoenix Suns also had a 10 year drought which they are about to snap. I don't follow the NBA at all, so I am not sure if the Kings are anywhere close to ending their streak, but the Mariners have a decent shot of being a playoff team this year.

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Anyone really believe that a couple of tweeks(new #2 goalie, a new HC, a couple moves in the bottom 6, or the 5-6 blueliners) is going to stop this streak at 10?

I'm sticking with them needing to add a top 6 winger, as well. 

Two goalies (one can be Ullmark), McCabe or a similar replacement, Jack healthy and happy, a top six winger with an edge, and a player who can be what Ralph thought Cody Eakin was.

Plus Dahlin, Casey and the other kids not being the myth @PASabreFan thinks they are.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Two goalies (one can be Ullmark), McCabe or a similar replacement, Jack healthy and happy, a top six winger with an edge, and a player who can be what Ralph thought Cody Eakin was.

Plus Dahlin, Casey and the other kids not being the myth @PASabreFan thinks they are.

That’s quite a lot actually.  

• 1 year later...

I am betting the Sabres end it before the Jets.  

MLB ... now the DASTARDLY PHILLIES!!  12 years.

In the EPL West Bromwich Albion holds the current record since winning the title (not exactly a playoff drought, but the EPL does not have a playoff system unless you count Champions League, which always has the same sides playing from the top European leagues) at 107 years (their one and only title came in 1920).  There are many sides that have never won the EPL title.

• 6 months later...

Well, the Seattle Mariners left the list last fall, and now the Sacramento Kings have also said goodbye.  Updated as of last night when the Sabres were eliminated…

New York Jets 12(thru 2022)
Buffalo Sabres 12(thru 22-23)
Detroit Tigers 8(thru 2022)
Los Angeles Angels 8(thru 2022)

Hopefully at this time next year, I will be removing the Sabres from this list and closing the thread. 

[edited]included the Tigers and the Angels

Edited by LabattBlue

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Well, the Seattle Mariners left the list last fall, and now the Sacramento Kings have also said goodbye.  Updated as of last night when the Sabres were eliminated…

Hopefully at this time next year, I will be removing the Sabres from this list and closing the thread. 

Book it!

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Detroit Tigers 8(thru 2022)
Los Angeles Angels 8(thru 2022)

[edited]included the Tigers and the Angels

I just completely misread this that you want Aaron Rodgers to lead the Jets to the playoffs this season.  😇

24 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

We are in sole possession of this NHL record after last night 

Thought that was the case as of last season.  Florida and somebody else had 10 year droughts.  Thought the Sabres were "special" with turning it up to an 11.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.