Sabre Goaltending Injuries

Taro T

10 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The difference is that we didn't keep trading them because they played too well.

I am still upset at XGMTM for doing that crap.  Aside from not icing a competent NHL team.

Only went through 5 that season.  

They went through 6 the year they traded away Miller & finished dead last by a mile.

• Thanks (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Is UPL healthy enough to backup Houser?

No data.  If he is, would still prefer him being the emergency goalie instead of the backup.  Get him fully healthy & re-signed so he can hit the ground running.  Ideally the other goalie they bring in is true competition for him, so that what we've seen from him is the worst that we get.

On a side note, am glad Tokarski isn't injured.  Hoping the family issue isn't a true crisis & they're letting him take leave simply because the season is effectively done & he was a good soldier for them rather than because he desperately needs to be with his family.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Who is that?

Goalie coach & last night's emergency goalie.

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No data.  If he is, would still prefer him being the emergency goalie instead of the backup.  Get him fully healthy & re-signed so he can hit the ground running.  Ideally the other goalie they bring in is true competition for him, so that what we've seen from him is the worst that we get.

On a side note, am glad Tokarski isn't injured.  Hoping the family issue isn't a true crisis & they're letting him take leave simply because the season is effectively done & he was a good soldier for them rather than because he desperately needs to be with his family.

Goalie coach & last night's emergency goalie.

Who is our back-up again?

36 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Who is our back-up again?

Last night he was Lekkas, the guy that's been playing for the Amerks & was on a PTO contract from the Sabres.  Not sure if the league will allow that to remain status quo for Buffalo or not.

Edited by Taro T
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IKnowPhysics said:

And so the Carter Hutton era ends quietly in Buffalo

31-49-10, .902 S%, 3.12 GAA.

Jason Botterill's drafts better show some lasting utility for this franchise, because his trade and UFA acquisitions are looking pretty feeble.

Edited by dudacek

I've seen references to the Houser being the Sabres 6th string goalie.  I think he's only #5.  Per the Sabres website, goalie stats include

• Linus Ullmark
  • Carter Hutton
  • Dustin Tokarski
  • Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
  • Michael Houser

The backup to Houser has been Stefanos Lekkas.  So the Sabres have played 5 and have had 6 in uniform this year, correct?

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've seen references to the Houser being the Sabres 6th string goalie.  I think he's only #5.  Per the Sabres website, goalie stats include

• Linus Ullmark
  • Carter Hutton
  • Dustin Tokarski
  • Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
  • Michael Houser

The backup to Houser has been Stefanos Lekkas.  So the Sabres have played 5 and have had 6 in uniform this year, correct?

You're missing former #3 Jonas Johanson

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, dudacek said:

And so the Carter Hutton era ends quietly in Buffalo

31-49-10, .902 S%, 3.12 GAA.

Jason Botterill's drafts better show some lasting utility for this franchise, because his trade and UFA acquisitions are looking pretty feeble.

And coaches! 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You're missing former #3 Jonas Johanson

So are the stats.  If he played he should be in the stats, no?  I guess the NHL pages only show players on their current team?  Yeah, because Taylor Hall doesn't show up either.

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So are the stats.  If he played he should be in the stats, no?  I guess the NHL pages only show players on their current team?  Yeah, because Taylor Hall doesn't show up either.

We have a winner.  😉

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.