Evolving Wild Contract Projections for the 2021 Offseason

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is just a repetition of your prior assertion.  What is that assertion based on?  Just your gut feel?  Any source?  Anything?

came out on news sources i believe  2 weeks before trade deadline and some time in January 

Edited by Buffalonill

34 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

came out on news sources i believe  2 weeks before trade deadline and some time in January 

I feel like you may be the only person who remembers this.  I don’t think this happened.

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I mean this can't be ground breaking news they were negotiating in January It was all over the NHL network lol

I feel like like this 

At the of that story, was George right?  Lol

Sorry, I simply don’t remember it being reported around the trade deadline that Skinner wanted $7M.

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

At the of that story, was George right?  Lol

Sorry, I simply don’t remember it being reported around the trade deadline that Skinner wanted $7M.

Im saying you could have gotten him cheaper then 9m but they paid free agency price 

Here is the  The article that they started negotiating 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26903436/sabres-gm-confident-skinner-re-sign%3fplatform=amp

They should have had this deal done but they waited 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Im saying you could have gotten him cheaper then 9m but they paid free agency price 

Here is the  The article that they started negotiating 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26903436/sabres-gm-confident-skinner-re-sign%3fplatform=amp

They should have had this deal done but they waited 

No, no.  I totally agree with you that the Sabres and Skinner were negotiating during the course of the season.  That I remember.

What I don’t think exists is any evidence that the Sabres could have signed him earlier for cheaper, and specifically for $7M.  I don’t know where you got that from.

Just now, Curt said:

No, no.  I totally agree with you that the Sabres and Skinner were negotiating during the course of the season.  That I remember.

What I don’t think exists is any evidence that the Sabres could have signed him earlier for cheaper, and specifically for $7M.  I don’t know where you got that from.

I believe they paid UFA price beacuse they waited to long 

I can almost promise you guys probably had 7m or 8 during the season when "negotiating " the contract in January 

On 5/3/2021 at 5:56 PM, Buffalonill said:

I can almost promise you guys probably had 7m or 8 during the season when "negotiating " the contract in January 

You said there were reports of a lower price, $7M, earlier in the season/negotiating process.  I don’t think there are any reports of that.

If you have a hunch that is the case, that’s fine, I’m not to argue about your gut feeling.  However, it doesn’t really carry any weight with me.  Not like an actual report from any reputable media source would.  If you have that, I’d love to see it.

EDIT:  Also, what’s an almost promise worth?  Ask my ex-girlfriends.

Edited by Curt

17 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

That’s fine, but don’t say there were news reports that he would’ve taken $7MM if there were no such reports.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, nfreeman said:

That’s fine, but don’t say there were news reports that he would’ve taken $7MM if there were no such reports.  

FYI: I remember hearing $7M getting kicked around in the rumour mill.  I do not recall anything from any major media or otherwise quotable source.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:04 PM, Brawndo said:

The site Evolving Wild released it contract projections for UFAs/RFAs for this Summer.

Samson Reinhart is projected to stay with the Sabres on a 6 year 6.9 Million AAV Deal 

Rasmus Dahlin is projected to stay with the Sabres on a 6 year 6.1 AAV Million Deal 

Henry Jokiharhu is projected to stay with the Sabres on a 2 year 2.4 Million AAV Deal

Casey Mittlestadt is projected to stay with the Sabres on a 2 year 2 Million AAV Deal 

Rasmus Asplund is projected to stay with the Sabres on a 2 year 884k AAV Deal 

Wil Borgen is projected to stay with the Sabres on a 1 year 754k AAV Deal

Jake McCabe is projected to sign with a different team on a one year 1.039 AAV Deal prove it deal

What was Ullmark's projection?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.