Sabres at Bruins 1 o’clock

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Your imagination.

You and I have been around long enough to know I do not throw ***** at the wall to see what sticks. 

I know someone who works in the Sabres Organization who gives me info from time to time

And Yes they are a real person. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

You and I have been around long enough to know I do not throw ***** at the wall to see what sticks. 

I know someone who works in the Sabres Organization who gives me info from time to time

I heard this too from two distinct sources who are very reliable.

Just now, Brawndo said:

Ask your friend what the fans would have thought if the Sabres let Skinner walk then? Hindsight is wonderful. Makes everyone a genius.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Claude Balls said:

3 mins left with a 4 goal lead and the Bruins are still finishing checks. 

We can only hope this team develops into that. I have my doubts based on what I see and also apparently on what much of the fanbase wants.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Ask your friend what the fans would have thought if the Sabres let Skinner walk then? Hindsight is wonderful. Makes everyone a genius.

Do you think anyone else would have signed Skinner for $9 million?

Or even $8?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

From what I heard, Terry did not want to risk Skinner signing with Pittsburgh, Toronto, or even Detroit.  That was silly because no one else had cap space.  They could have got him for a fair amount less.

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I bet Bjork is depressed he got moved to this trash team. 

Wouldn't you be? Surprised more players haven't quit after being traded to Buffalo, like Berglund.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That’s because they are only halfway through their season.

Nah, they'll be done pretty quick in the playoffs. Anyone who plays just as physical as they do, will beat them. That's what I'm hoping for.

9 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

That may be, but, say, $6M is a helluvalot more palatable.

Even if he signed for $2MM, he wouldn't be less of a disappointment. I want to know what caused him to fall so far. Was it the fat paycheck? Stopped caring about hockey? Figured Buffalo wasn't worth his effort?

Same with Hall. Maybe the Sabres should avoid big signings because these players decide they don't have to try once they're here 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

After a 40-goal season? Yeah.

Who?

Who had cap space?

And a need for 1st line LW?

And lived in the small window Skinner wanted to be?

And the willingness to make a 65-point one-trick pony among the top 10 highest paid players in the league?

The Sabres bid against themselves and got played

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The Skinner contract is certainly amongst the worst in the NHL at a time when we could ill afford another such mistake. At $9 million he needs to be putting up 30 plus goals a year at minimum. He's on pace for about 15 this year at best.  Crippling. Too early to be bought out.  The best we can hope for is a new coach get's him to at least respectable numbers. This team would make for an epic study in how to consistently be horrible at unprecedented lengths in a era when an expansion team can make the finals when properly run. 

Just now, dudacek said:

Who?

Who had cap space?

And a need for 1st line LW?

And lived in the small window Skinner wanted to be?

And the willingness to make a 65-point one-trick pony among the top 10 highest paid players in the league?

The Sabres bid against themselves and got played

ROR and the Blues were in the Cup Finals and the embarrassment of that trade was at the forefront of a certain individual’s mind and Skinner’s Reps knew that.

They should have let Him test the market. 

There was some advanced stats that showed Skinner’s Dropoff shouldn’t start until Age 33. Unfortunately the drop off that every Forward hits started way early then expected for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The popular fan take back then was the Sabres were gonna let Skinner slip away. No one was in favor of that. 

I said if they couldn't sign him before the deadline they should trade him then and I don't think I was alone. It was the dumbest contract in the league and being stuck with it handicaps this team for the long haul. 

Since Granato has taken over there's a fair bit of youthful exuberance, but they're not learning anything. This team cannot defend. Bruins zone entries were so incredibly easy, Easy easy game for them.

Say what you want about Hall, but he's opened up the ice for Krejci and their second line is now so much better than it was when they had DeBrusk in there. This synergy is exactly what we were supposed to see with him and Eichel but it wasn't there at all. Eichel injured from game 1? maybe. Not engaged? maybe. The actual answer to this question (why does Krejci-Hall work but Eichel-Hall didn't?) is probably important. 

Lastly, this team is totally dumbass. When I saw UPL was starting again, I thought that's a dumb mistake and poor goalie management and now he's injured. Not saying that's the cause, but it might be a contributing factor, How does this team not realize you simply cannot play goalies night after night, especially with so many shots and so much traffic in their zone. 

This franchise is the dumbest team in hockey.

Oh ya, almost forgot. I wish the refs had let Marchand and Dahlin go. I really wanted to see what kind of fight he had in him. Missed opportunity.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

There was some advanced stats that showed Skinner’s Dropoff shouldn’t start until Age 33. Unfortunately the drop off that every Forward hits started way early then expected for him. 

image.thumb.png.82324ee6c06652aba20d6c741709eabe.png

@Brawndo — I have no doubt that you have a real source, notwithstanding a fairly obnoxious post to the contrary upthread, but I would note that it was very much in JB’s interests to spread that version of events internally, knowing that it would get out.  Unless your source (or @Marvin, Sabres Fan’s) was in the room when TP issued those instructions, there’s no way of really knowing.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.