Sabres at Bruins 1 o’clock

spndnchz

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't recall much opposition to signing a 40-goal scorer.

There were some people who were opposed to it when they saw the details.  Personally I was lukewarm on it..but I do remember others on here who were dead-set against it...mostly because I remember at least a handful of people saying 1 year at 40 goals out of a 9 year career (at the time) does not make for a perennial 40 goal scorer.

8 minutes ago, steveoath said:

As an aside. Have we outshot a team since Granato took of HC duties?

Not sure about shots, but the numbers in other areas look like this.

RK:  28.6 percent of points won (standings), 2.14 goals scored per game.

DG:  35.4 percent of points won, 2.75 goals scored per game.

I hope my numbers are correct, they MIGHT be off by a percentage point or two.....

Results under both are pretty bad.  RK had to deal with the covid outbreak on the team....DG with a team that didn't have Eichel at all (and for the most part no Ulmark.)

18 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I was at least glad to see Dahlin was done taking crap from the Bruins. How the Rat didn't get a penalty though is beyond me.

But I’ve been told the Bruins are awesome! That they play hockey the “right way”. 
The “right way” isn’t only tough and relentless apparently. It’s also dirty, cheap, scum bag ridden and allowed by the league. Oh what a great team they have.

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

But I’ve been told the Bruins are awesome! That they play hockey the “right way”. 
The “right way” isn’t only tough and relentless apparently. It’s also dirty, cheap, scum bag ridden and allowed by the league. Oh what a great team they have.

I'd take one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I bet Bjork is depressed he got moved to this trash team. 

But Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar say :Thank you Kevyn Adams! Have to say, Hall looks like he fits right in with the B's. I can see a contract extension going his way.

35 minutes ago, eman said:

Absolutely. If the Sabres played that way and got the results the B's get, EVERYONE ON HERE would be loving them! I know I would!

The results are the important part. 

The Sabres lack talent. It's pretty simple. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The results are the important part. 

The Sabres at present lack talent. It's pretty simple. 

FTFY.

Throw a healthy Eichel, McCabe, & Ullmark into this lineup & we're back to some people here believing Granato's the 2nd best thing since sliced bread.

7 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Still wondering how Marchand didn't get a 3rd man in.

7 hours ago, Radar said:

Roughing scrum never developed to a fight.

So what I saw was that softy Dahlin crosscheck Pastrnak into the boards on a dirty hit, then crosscheck Marchand into the net, and get set to engage with Pastrnak before the courageous role model Marchand jumped on his back. Then I saw cowardly Sam Reinhart grab Marchand as the scrum developed, Marchand eventually circle back to Dahlin, and pansy-ass Dahlin throw them down and charge at Marchand as the refs kept them separated.

Just another case of the big bad Bruins playing the right way, while the Sabres tucked their tails between their legs, right?

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

FTFY.

Throw a healthy Eichel, McCabe, & Ullmark into this lineup & we're back to some people here believing Granato's the 2nd best thing since sliced bread.

I totally agree...Boston clearly brought their "A" game and while we were clearly out-muscled and out-talented, we were competitive and are not far removed from being  able to compete with the B's. Absolutely playing with a healthy Jack and a healthy McCabe and with someone anyone who is a actual NHL goalie (whether that be Linus or whoever) will alone make a huge difference. We can further improve greatly if getting Skinner back with a healthy jack and if he (Skinner) can rebound back to where he was when he last played with jack and score even a modest 20 to 25 goals that too will help immenesly. Then you get better by subtraction by losing a bunch of just guys like Reider Caggiula Bjork Eakin and even Sheahan and add a healthy Girgs along with some bigger bangers on the 4th line and even maybe veteran ;leadership like say Ryan Getzlaf and this team will improve significantly. All is not doom & gloom with DG and his way of letting this team play to their abilities and not to what he wants as Ralphie did

Wow.  I missed a good game to miss.  

This team is just cursed.  UPL hurt.  

I did see that Dahlin finally stood up for himself.  I think he can take The Toucan.  He should seek him out in the next game and put him away.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

So what I saw was that softy Dahlin crosscheck Pastrnak into the boards on a dirty hit, then crosscheck Marchand into the net, and get set to engage with Pastrnak before the courageous role model Marchand jumped on his back. Then I saw cowardly Sam Reinhart grab Marchand as the scrum developed, Marchand eventually circle back to Dahlin, and pansy-ass Dahlin throw them down and charge at Marchand as the refs kept them separated.

Just another case of the big bad Bruins playing the right way, while the Sabres tucked their tails between their legs, right?

So he wanted to fight when it was physically impossible to do so? Do it next time in open ice after someone tries to use a Swiss Army Knife to open your sack of Swedish Fish.

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Wow.  I missed a good game to miss.  

This team is just cursed.  UPL hurt.  

I did see that Dahlin finally stand up for himself.  I think he can take The Toucan.  He should seek him out in the next game and put him away.  

Actually the Bruin double team on Dahlin in the 3rd period was really interesting to see and instrumental in the kid's development.

He showed some backbone after being worked over by Marchand for the entirety of his 2 game series.

Dahlin definitely has a mean streak in him and I would argue it is obvious he is a competitor, by nature, making him somewhat unusual on this roster.

If you can find it on a highlight video, watch the entire incident...

I want to say it was like with 8 minutes left in 3rd period.

Easily the most interesting aspect of this entire game, other than the UPL's injury, which looked like it might be bad.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.