Sabres at Bruins 1 o’clock

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

I really hope the Sabres do a thorough head coach search and don't cheap out and just hand the job to Granato. I was on the fence for awhile, but I definitely would like to see an experienced winning HC hired. My mind is made up.

Agree. I think the granato shine has worn off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Worse game under Granato?  I’m sure there has have been other clunkers but this has the feel of a game from before he was coach 

Well the first six were pretty awful, but this one is similar.

Friedman was asked about Granato Chances of being the HC. 

He mentioned other teams that have played them since he took over have noticed that their structure is dramatically improved. 

He specifically mentioned Gallant and that they have to pay Krueger another 3.9 Million next year not to coach. 
On that note Botterill, Sexton and Greeley for another year as well. 
Friedman mentioned Krueger’s Money might prevent them for a big name hire. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Still people think Don Granato should be HC just because they won some games and changed playstyle after losing 18 games.
Even a 5 year old kid would make them win just by taking the place of the worst coach in history of hockey.

This team needs a real good coach, its that or 11th season without playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kong said:

Skinner's got to waive that NMC. He must hate it in Buffalo and its poor teams. The fans are all over him. Money isn't everything. He's got to be very unhappy in Buffalo.

Even if he waives the Sabres would probably have to add an asset and retain salary for Seattle to take him. 

It’s probably not worth it 

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman was asked about Granato Chances of being the HC. 

He mentioned other teams that have played them since he took over have noticed that their structure is dramatically improved. 

He specifically mentioned Gallant and that they have to pay Krueger another 3.9 Million next year not to coach. 
On that note Botterill, Sexton and Greeley for another year as well. 
Friedman mentioned Krueger’s Money might prevent them for a big name hire. 

Lets hope money isn't the issue. Getting stuck with a lessor option because of that would be a betrayal to the fans IMO

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Even if he waives the Sabres would probably have to add an asset and retain salary for Seattle to take him. 

It’s probably not worth it 

To me it would be worth it.  Right now at this moment he is probably the most overpaid player in the league, he is taking up over 10% of your entire cap, and you have this for 6, SIX more years.   

You give up a pretty good asset (not Eichel or Dahlin, but maybe a 'good' nhl player) with nothing in return just to get rid of that awful, awful contract.

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Hopefully then the money they save going with a cheap coach, they would lose in ticket sales.

Right, and apparel sales etc. It's hard to justify updating gear that's associated with losing. The current jerseys are tainted. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.