Ryan Miller Announces Retirement From the NHL

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, breese866 said:

If I were Mr.Pegula, I would immediately be on the phone with Miller and not let him off until he signed on in some sort of front office capacity before Anaheim does it. 

He ...

Is ... 

Not ...

... Leaving California. Unless his wife wants to.

Happy Retirement MillerTime!! Come back and train goaltenders in HarborCenter. 

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

He ...

Is ... 

Not ...

... Leaving California. Unless his wife wants to.

Is she working? That would decide it I'm betting. If not it's an expensive place to be they might as well move to the WNY area. 

Edited by Norcal

14 hours ago, Norcal said:

Is she working? That would decide it I'm betting. If not it's an expensive place to be they might as well move to the WNY area. 

You want her to move from Anaheim California to Buffalo NY... 

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

15 hours ago, Norcal said:

This would be great, but I don't think anyone has ever voluntarily moved from Southern California to WNY.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

You want her to move from Anaheim California to Buffalo NY... 

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Super long shot I know but those palm trees are expensive. 

57 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This would be great, but I don't think anyone has ever voluntarily moved from Southern California to WNY.

Miller is a Midwest guy, maybe he wants to get back to a slower way of life? 

Legend.

I've told it here, but my favourite stories about Miller were (1) how he created a "hide in plain sight" Myspace account when he arrived in Buffalo. (2) My sports-know-nothing uncle lived near him around Elmwood Village, and told pleasant stories about how he enjoyed jamming on acoustic guitars with his nice new neighbour.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Legend.

I've told it here, but my favourite stories about Miller were (1) how he created a "hide in plain sight" Myspace account when he arrived in Buffalo. (2) My sports-know-nothing uncle lived near him around Elmwood Village, and told pleasant stories about how he enjoyed jamming on acoustic guitars with his nice new neighbour.

Sounds like your uncle lives in a very happy place.

I wish Miller the best.  The "WTF Wave" will be missed. Sounds like he wants a future in hockey(coaching or front office).  Hopefully he can find an opportunity with the Kings or Ducks organization assuming his wife still wants to be based out of SoCal for professional reason.

Congratulations on one hell of a career.  The only thing he didn't win was a Stanley Cup.  His 2009-10 season is the best since Hasek in his prime.  Funnily enough, he finished with one more win than Hasek for 14th all time.  He's a US Hockey Hall Of Famer for sure.  He might be on the border of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

6 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Congratulations on one hell of a career.  The only thing he didn't win was a Stanley Cup.  His 2009-10 season is the best since Hasek in his prime.  Funnily enough, he finished with one more win than Hasek for 14th all time.  He's a US Hockey Hall Of Famer for sure.  He might be on the border of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

If he had a SC victory, he'd be a HHoF lock.  Without it, expect he'll eventually get it but it isn't a lock.  IMHO he's the best US born goalie & there are a few guys in the HHoF that wouldn't be there without being American (e.g. Housley).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If he had a SC victory, he'd be a HHoF lock.  Without it, expect he'll eventually get it but it isn't a lock.  IMHO he's the best US born goalie & there are a few guys in the HHoF that wouldn't be there without being American (e.g. Housley).

I completely agree with everything you said.  Just going off the regular requirements for a lock!  I love MillerTime30.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 4/29/2021 at 6:25 PM, Norcal said:

I'm sure his wife loves snow all year 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.