Rink Etiquette - Wheels on a Hockey Equipment Bag

RayFinkle

My boys didn’t use wheel bags   I don’t think they were out when they we wee tikes but I recall seeing them around. They drug their bags in and out like good soldiers.  

If a parent wants to buy their youngster a bag with wheels so be it.  It has nothing to do with how they play.  

14 hours ago, bunomatic said:

When I was a kid we’d walk 2 or 3 miles ( small town ) to the rink and back again, ( uphill both ways ) through 4 feet of blizzard like conditions then have to rescue a bull moose that had fallen through our ice. Wheels ? On the damn hockey bag ? Lord thunderin Jeebus ! What in tarnation ?

You forgot to mention you were barefoot 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

This transcends everything now. I mean literally everything. 

People have been making fun of wheeled bags since they came out. Just as someone would make fun of a person who didnt carry their own bag or dressed at home. 

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

I bought a bag with wheels on it as soon as I saw one.

But I also clean my gear after every time I wear it, so I guess I'm weird

Do you just mean you dry it out or you actually clean your gear?

Edited by #freejame

Just now, #freejame said:

People have been making fun of wheeled bags since they came out. Just as you make fun of people who don’t carry their own bag or dress at home. 

Me? I don’t do that. At all. Ever. You are definitely confusing me with somebody else. 

4 hours ago, #freejame said:

People have been making fun of wheeled bags since they came out. Just as someone would make fun of a person who didnt carry their own bag or dressed at home. 

Do you just mean you dry it out or you actually clean your gear?

Wash it and hang it out to dry. 

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Fishbowls, tinted visors, white skates, the list of oft chirped things is long.

Funny you mention white skates.  A really solid player of mine didn't make his school's JV team because he wore white skates (well, silverish white actually).  Darn shame, he would've been 1 of the best players on that squad.  The decision makers couldn't see past that.  Their loss.

14 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I'm not saying they were right to do that to a kid but it's a job interview of sorts and if you don't look the part it makes it more difficult. I personally think those skates look pretty sick and I'd like to think I don't make decisions based on that kind of stuff but people do, all through life.

It is, to a degree.  But this wasn't as simple as not wearing an earring or having a long sleeved shirt on to hide a tattoo.  What was the kid supposed to do, drop $300 on a new pair of black skates, just so he could have the right look?

We're talking about a really good kid and a good hockey player.

As said upthread, it was that team's loss.  He would've made them better.

14 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

The fact that this thread about a bag, has gone on for 3 pages, is stunning 😂

What's even more stunning is we keep checking in on it when we already know the answer.

40% say yes

40% say no

and 19 % are ZFG

The last 1% are like me a just troll.😁

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.