Elvis Merzlikins Comments on Buffalo

Hoss

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Weak, weak sauce. Of course Elvis would say something similar about the franchise itself, but he knows not do that. If he ever did, he'd immediately leave the building.

Yep. Even is the smoking gun.

I love this notion that the long losing streak is the only strike against this franchise.

He's tweeting from the toilet right now let's see what else he says. Nothing yet

LBJ style!

Just now, Flashsabre said:

What exactly is the issue here I am missing? He is saying he is frustrated that his team has lost 8 straight and he doesn’t want it to get to 18 games like Buffalo went through earlier this season.

The issue is that Buffalo is top of mind for futility.

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

What exactly is the issue here I am missing? He is saying he is frustrated that his team has lost 8 straight and he doesn’t want it to get to 18 games like Buffalo went through earlier this season.

The OP indicated Elvis was just throwing shade at all things Buffalo when in fact he was just referring to the losing streak. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Weak, weak sauce. Of course Elvis would say something similar about the franchise itself, but he knows not do that. If he ever did, he'd immediately leave the building.

We agree.

He was speaking about the losing streak.  If asked about the organization overall, he probably would not answer openly.

I don’t don’t know why this makes my sauce so weak.

EDIT:  Oh you think I was saying that there isn’t anything else negative about the organization apart from the recent losing streak?  Hahahahahaha...............

Edited by Curt

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

The OP indicated Elvis was just throwing shade at all things Buffalo when in fact he was just referring to the losing streak. 

The indication was that the team/franchise were being shaded. Where did "all things Buffalo" come from?

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

The reason we are talked about is because of the absurdity of the ineptitude of this stretch, it's been a historically bad decade.

All they have to do is put together a winning season and make the playoffs and the "stench" is gone

It's precisely because we haven't had *any* success that we are talked about in those terms. Something like making the playoffs even ONCE is a MASSIVE, massive change

If we make the playoffs the talk won't be "they are still bad" - we've already proven over the course of a decade that making it while bad is impossible - we haven't, and won't, fluke it off. Making the playoffs will be revelatory whenever it eventually happens. 

I think it definitely takes more than one season to get this shaken off unless it’s a season with a deep run.

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

The reason we are talked about is because of the absurdity of the ineptitude of this stretch, it's been a historically bad decade.

All they have to do is put together a winning season and make the playoffs and the "stench" is gone

It's precisely because we haven't had *any* success that we are talked about in those terms. Something like making the playoffs even ONCE is a MASSIVE, massive change

If we make the playoffs the talk won't be "they are still bad" - we've already proven over the course of a decade that making it while bad is impossible - we haven't, and won't, fluke it off. Making the playoffs will be revelatory whenever it eventually happens. 

I think it definitely takes more than one season to get this shaken off unless it’s a season with a deep run.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.