10 years ago today

\GoBillsInDallas/

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ennis rebound right?

Damn. Remember thinking the series was ours

Until Easter Sunday when Ville ***** Leino ruined it. Then I knew we were done. They slowly collapsed like a flan in a cupboard.

2 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Until Easter Sunday when Ville ***** Leino ruined it. Then I knew we were done. They slowly collapsed like a flan in a cupboard.

Ya I remember the Ville Lame-o goal well

Though I thought they'd win game 7. How they came out to start that game is one of my most disappointing Sabres memories

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya I remember the Ville Lame-o goal well

Though I thought they'd win game 7. How they came out to start that game is one of my most disappointing Sabres memories

It wasn't Millsie's night. It usually wasn't late in playoff series.

17 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

The last time the Sabres won a playoff game.

Sometimes I think franchises get haunted by moments. Some events are so traumatic it signals a deep and lasting decline. Think Homerun Throwback for the Bills. Losing Game 6 at home after being in the lead might be the Sabres' equivalent.

Edited by PASabreFan

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It wasn't Millsie's night. It usually wasn't late in playoff series.

Was he bad to start? I don't remember. 

I haven't watched the game or even the highlights since - my memory purely from recollection was that the team came out super-duper flat. I remember thinking, "seriously?" Couldn't understand why they didn't seem up for it - it was like they felt they had no chance

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I haven't watched the game or even the highlights since - my memory purely from recollection was that the team came out super-duper flat. I remember thinking, "seriously?" Couldn't understand why they didn't seem up for it - it was like they felt they had no chance

Well, he lost a shutout with a few seconds left in a period. Sound familiar? This time it was the very end of the first period on a simple point shot. Also should sound familiar.

He gave up three more by early in the third and got yanked.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Well, he lost a shutout with a few seconds left in a period. Sound familiar? This time it was the very end of the first period on a simple point shot. Also should sound familiar.

He gave up three more by early in the third and got yanked.

Ice Hockey Reaction GIF by NHL

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

He was stellar until the very end of the period as the now undermanned Sabres were not ready for the Phlyers relentless attack.  If Miller could've made that 1 more save and gotten them out of the period MAYBE they could've turned things around as the Phylers go into the room wondering just what they have to do to beat him & the Sabres can take a deep breath & regroup.

Taking the lead in the 2nd on seemingly their 1st chance of the game against the sieve at the other end might have completely changed the dynamic.  But when Filly scored late, the outcome was pretty much sealed.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He was stellar until the very end of the period as the now undermanned Sabres were not ready for the Phlyers relentless attack.  If Miller could've made that 1 more save and gotten them out of the period MAYBE they could've turned things around as the Phylers go into the room wondering just what they have to do to beat him & the Sabres can take a deep breath & regroup.

Taking the lead in the 2nd on seemingly their 1st chance of the game againist the sieve at the other end might have completely changed the dynamic.  But when Filly scored late, the outcome was pretty much sealed.

Did we come out flat in the first or is that me misremembering?

Also who was injured

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Did we come out flat in the first or is that me misremembering?

Also who was injured

Connolly & Kaleta went out in game 6 following Pominville who got injured in the W in game 5.  Pretty sure Hecht was also out.  Roy came back from a leg injury (torn quad?) for game 7 because so many other guys were out, but he could barely skate.

That game 7, the Sabres had nothing left.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I think the only thing I legitimately hate about this franchise is what I perceive to be, (pretty much) almost year in, year out below average injury results. 

Lately a lot of that comes down to them being willfully ignorant of injury history in the name of hoping for best-case scenarios, but I digress 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I think the only thing I legitimately hate about this franchise is what I perceive to be, (pretty much) almost year in, year out below average injury results. 

Lately a lot of that comes down to them being willfully ignorant of injury history in the name of hoping for best-case scenarios, but I digress 

I'm not really questioning this, because it does often feel like we are not conditioned well and the soft nature of the team as a whole seems to lead to guys getting hurt a lot but do the stats actually bear this out? Do we, year in and year out, have more injuries than most teams? 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not really questioning this, because it does often feel like we are not conditioned well and the soft nature of the team as a whole seems to lead to guys getting hurt a lot but do the stats actually bear this out? Do we, year in and year out, have more injuries than most teams? 

No idea. 

That's why I said "what I perceive to be"

It could be a far too biased point of view 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.