Another Reason to be Optimistic about Dylan Cozens

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

Maybe I am wrong and my bias is showing there but my opinion still stands and the rest of that group are not good defensively but ***** on him all you want, it is evident you don't like Scheif. Not sure why, envious maybe.

Like I said, at 6.125m x 8 years, I don't have too many complaints. Better than a ppg player for the last 4 or 5 years.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Keep on reading you will get there

Sorry, I honestly don’t get it.  🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

if the current leadership isn't here next year, Cozens and Dahlin both say they want to step up take over the leadership roles and become players others look up to.

Honestly, I think its time. Its their team now. Get Beniers in the draft + the players & picks you get back for Eichel, Samson and Risto. 

I really do think the Sabre could surprise next year and would be set up to become great If they get back the right pieces in trades

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

if the current leadership isn't here next year, Cozens and Dahlin both say they want to step up take over the leadership roles and become players others look up to.

Honestly, I think its time. Its their team now. Get Beniers in the draft + the players & picks you get back for Eichel, Samson and Risto. 

I really do think the Sabre could surprise next year and would be set up to become great If they get back the right pieces in trades

They need to be insulated by competent veterans or we just repeat the mistakes of the past 

You cannot hand them the reigns. They need to forcibly take it from competent vets. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They need to be insulated by competent veterans or we just repeat the mistakes of the past 

You cannot hand them the reigns. They need to forcibly take it from competent vets. 

I think they are forcibly taking them now     Jack Eichel thinks about what is best for Jack Eichel    Dylan Cozens, in the middle of an 18 game losing streak, thinks "what can i do to get this team going" before starting a fight vs the NYR.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Theyve been doing that forever.  Rivet, pominville, ott, gionta.  

I'd make it a point to bring back mccabe if i move eichel.  He and Okposo seem to have some sway on the locker room, and both wore the A this season.  

7 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Theyve been doing that forever.  Rivet, pominville, ott, gionta.  

I'd make it a point to bring back mccabe if i move eichel.  He and Okposo seem to have some sway on the locker room, and both wore the A this season.  

Im sure there is a vet they can find to fill both the leadership and 4th line roll.  

Eric Staal perhaps? 🙂

42 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I think they are forcibly taking them now     Jack Eichel thinks about what is best for Jack Eichel    Dylan Cozens, in the middle of an 18 game losing streak, thinks "what can i do to get this team going" before starting a fight vs the NYR.

You are going to sit here with a straight face and tell me Dylan Cozens, a man who had 0 goals in his last 20 games, and 13 points on the year, has forcibly taken the reigns of 1C from Jack Eichel. 

Hes our number 1 center now 

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

You are going to sit here with a straight face and tell me Dylan Cozens, a man who had 0 goals in his last 20 games, and 13 points on the year, has forcibly taken the reigns of 1C from Jack Eichel. 

Seeing how we have no one left.

Yes 

Welcome to hell 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I was talking more of Dahlin and Cozens are the new leaders of the future and maybe even the present.

I don't think you can have a C on a guy that doesnt want to be on the team (if thats where they are at).

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Still Depressing .

Was pretty excited for next year and we just lost everything in a day 

you were excited because you saw them play without Eichel and they played hard and an exciting brand of hockey, we figured you add Eichel to the mix and maybe they finally have something.   They wont give Eichel away for nothing, lets wait to see the return before getting too depressed.

but i do agree it sucks.

22 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

you were excited because you saw them play without Eichel and they played hard and an exciting brand of hockey, we figured you add Eichel to the mix and maybe they finally have something.   They wont give Eichel away for nothing, lets wait to see the return before getting too depressed.

but i do agree it sucks.

Has to be quinton byfield freak of  Nature I've never seen someone so big just skate like the wind kid is going to be incredible 

5 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

which one? 

I was one of the few people around here that never liked trading the one we had away. idk is Marcus an FA? If so ya, both. Maybe trade for him back. Entice the brothers to finish their careers together. Heck give dad a job too. 

Mike Foligno was one of my favourite Sabres during the time he was here. He embodied what I want in a hockey player and he taught his boys well. They could form the core of the leadership we lack until the kids like Cozens are ready, after learning from them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was one of the few people around here that never liked trading the one we had away. idk is Marcus an FA? If so ya, both. Maybe trade for him back. Entice the brothers to finish their careers together. Heck give dad a job too. 

Mike Foligno was one of my favourite Sabres during the time he was here. He embodied what I want in a hockey player and he taught his boys well. They could form the core of the leadership we lack until the kids like Cozens are ready, after learning from them. 

Oh *****!  Marcus is a UFA too!  How have we not realized this?  Folignos are going somewhere together!

This is actually a pretty good idea for veteran leadership, if you can get them.

Give them matching 3 year, $4.5M AAV contracts?

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I’m on board.   Trading Markus was definitely a big mistake.  Leopold in return??? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.