GDT Bruins at Sabres 4/22/21 7pm MSG/WGR550

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I never said they added punchers, other than Bogo. But their whole mentality changed. They came together as a team and played much more physical. Something that Boston does year in and year out. I could not envision watching a non physical Boston team. 

They did add a puncher.  Patrick Maroon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Sorry, but I'm starting to think Donny doesn't have an answer to improve the PP.

It needs to be completely redesigned when Eichel is not there.  Sam is good, but not as good as Eichel at distributing the puck.  This is partly because he has not been a centre for long.

16 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I never said they added punchers, other than Bogo. But their whole mentality changed. They came together as a team and played much more physical. Something that Boston does year in and year out. I could not envision watching a non physical Boston team. 

The refs are gifting this game to Buffalo. Apparently they are more into giving than receiving.

I’ve been watching the NHL since the 60’s.  There has not been a non-physical Boston Team in that time. If they even showed signs of non physicality the front office made adjustments.  It’s very much a team first culture and everyone plays for their teammates.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

I’ve been watching the NHL since the 70’s.  There has not been a non-physical Boston Team in that time. If they even showed signs of non physicality the front office made adjustments.  It’s very much a team first culture and everyone plays for their teammates.  

Couldn't agree more.

And the only way to beat them is to have more skill and hope you can match their toughness

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I’ve been watching the NHL since the 70’s.  There has not been a non-physical Boston Team in that time. If they even showed signs of non physicality the front office made adjustments.  It’s very much a team first culture and everyone plays for their teammates.  

The Flyers were the other always physical team, but they got away from that amd have sucked ever since. 

6 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Power Play.....The big difference  

Sammy playing where Jack should be.....Sammy is not Jack when it comes to passing/distributing

I wonder if Cozens would work better there in Eichel's absence. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.