GDT Bruins at Sabres 4/22/21 7pm MSG/WGR550

Brawndo

56 minutes ago, inkman said:

It’s like Donny Meatballs is one of us. He knows who’s good and who sucks.  He puts the right players in the right spots to succeed.  My man crush is swooning.  

I don’t agree.  I think they are playing the best players, regardless of tenure.  

I still can't believe how long Kruger kept Reider-Eakin-KO together. I haven't hated a coach that much since Housely.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I still can't believe how long Kruger kept Reider-Eakin-KO together. I haven't hated a coach that much since Housely.

I've never hated a coach more than that constant line combo and how even a moron on twitter could see it was atrocious, as in the worst in the entire league. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

It’s like Donny Meatballs is one of us. He knows who’s good and who sucks.  He puts the right players in the right spots to succeed.  My man crush is swooning.  

I don’t agree.  I think they are playing the best players, regardless of tenure.  

I agree. I think he just gets it. 

39 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Unfortunately I think the bad guys win again tonight ...

Brooons... 5

Sabres... 2

Mitts, Cozens, or Joker with a goal

The bad guys win??? Let me tell ya, the Sabres are pretty bad.  Go bad guys!  Sabres 4 - 2

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

OK, I have to share some DJ-Keith 80's inspiration. (Yes, I was a radio & club DJ back in the glory days) This song goes out to the current Buffalo Sabres roster as you take on the Bruins tonight! 
I'm so excited to see Will Borgen back in action alongside Bryson, Samuelsson, Dahlin, Joker D-Corps. Our future Captain, Dylan Cozens. The emergence of the Middlestadt, Tage "Giraffe" Thompson, Rasmus line. Maybe even the long awaited debut of UPL in net! Go get 'em kids!!!!!

Perhaps this song should be considered for our new Goal Song to replace that wretched one we have now and reminds everyone of a losing culture.

This live video version even ends with him saying "Let's raise the roof and make some noise!"  

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9dhr7h6yI&feature=share

Edited by Jävə Keith
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

OK, I have to share some DJ-Keith 80's inspiration. (Yes, I was a radio & club DJ back in the glory days) This song goes out to the current Buffalo Sabres roster as you take on the Bruins tonight! 
I'm so excited to see Will Borgen back in action alongside Bryson, Samuelsson, Dahlin, Joker D-Corps. Our future Captain, Dylan Cozens. The emergence of the Middlestadt, Tage "Giraffe" Thompson, Rasmus line. Maybe even the long awaited debut of UPL in net! Go get 'em kids!!!!!

Perhaps this song should be considered for our new Goal Song to replace that wretched one we have now and reminds everyone of a losing culture.

This live video version even ends with him saying "Let's raise the roof and make some noise!"  

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9dhr7h6yI&feature=share

The kid is hot tonight.
But where will he be tomorrow?

Eh.... no.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Interesting that they are keeping Samuelsson in.

Is it possible they want to see if this:

• Dahlin Joki (Ozone primarily)
  • Samuelsson Risto (Dzone primarily)
  • Bryson Borgen (the rest)

is a viable starting defence for next year?

Probably.

I've wanted to see the Bryson Borgen combo . I think I'd probably have mixed the 2 more D guys with the 2 more O guys (so Dahlin with Risto) but I do like the idea of trying to develop pairings rather than mixing and matching all the time. It's been a sore spot with me for a few years now. 

As for UPL, you never know. Swayman surprised the Bruins so UPL might surprise us. Is he actually ready though? Very unlikely. 

7 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

I wouldn't be worried. Besides, we need to see where he is at.

If he is an NHL caliber goalie, he wouldn't be "ruined" by getting shelled. The really good ones have no memory, moreover they don't give a sh**.  If he has a confidence problem after getting shelled after his first NHL game, he's probably never going to be NHL worthy.

I’ll never forget when the Sabres put 18 year old Marty Biron in.  An opposing player fired a shot, which hit the back of the net, and then Marty’s glove hand came up.  He was definitely not ready but it didn’t ruin him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.