GDT - Crunch @ Amerks 4/21 -7:05 AHLTV

inkman

Bizarre friggin' game.

The Amerks went up 3-0 about 5 minutes into the game chasing the Crunch goalie.

They give up 1 with about 8 to go in the 1st to have a 3-1 lead heading into the last minute of the 1st.  1 minute into the 2nd, the 2 goal lead is a 2 goal deficit.

They're down 6-3 with about 5 left and appear to give up a 7th goal but it gets waved off.  They make it 6-5 with less than 3 to go.  Then give up a horrible goal & then come back down the ice to make it 7-6.  Couldn't get the equalizer. 

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Bizarre friggin' game.

The Amerks went up 3-0 about 5 minutes into the game chasing the Crunch goalie.

They give up 1 with about 8 to go in the 1st to have a 3-1 lead heading into the last minute of the 1st.  1 minute into the 2nd, the 2 goal lead is a 2 goal deficit.

They're down 6-3 with about 5 left and appear to give up a 7th goal but it gets waved off.  They make it 6-5 with less than 3 to go.  Then give up a horrible goal & then come back down the ice to make it 7-6.  Couldn't get the equalizer. 

Super fun game to watch. Reminded me of why I love hockey. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

Scroll down a little to see highlights 

Not directed at you Inky, but rather the tweeter:

They WEREN'T 6 UNANSWERED GOALS.  The 6th WAS answered.  Twice.  And then those 2 goals were answered as was that 7th Crunch goal.  The only truly unanswered goal ended up being the Amerks 6th.

Syracuse scored 6 consecutive goals.  If that 4th syllable is too much vs the 3 syllable word these morons love to use, then say straight.  Only 1 syllable & 8 letters vs 10.  

Sorry.

Edited by Taro T

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not directed at you Inky, but rather the tweeter:

They WEREN'T 6 UNANSWERED GOALS.  The 6th WAS answered.  Twice.  And then those 2 goals were answered as was that 7th Crunch goal.  The only truly unanswered goal ended up being the Amerks 6th.

Syracuse scored 6 consecutive goals.  If that 4th syllable is too much vs the 3 syllable word these morons love to use, then say straight.  Only 1 syllable & 8 letters vs 10.  

Sorry.

So 5 unanswered then...?

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Appert keeps the guys engaged. They never quit, just had crappy goaltending. Lekkas goes back under the bus.

I’m not even sure what the point of 15 guys on PTOs suiting up for a team with no fans but I’m glad guys are getting an opportunity that would otherwise never be available.  Lots of dreams coming to fruition.  

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m not even sure what the point of 15 guys on PTOs suiting up for a team with no fans but I’m glad guys are getting an opportunity that would otherwise never be available.  Lots of dreams coming to fruition.  

Love of the game?

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Love of the game?

The players sure but outside of a handful of prospects, these games don’t really mean anything.  No playoffs, just a bunch of strangers getting loot for some mercenary hockey.  Happy for them. Would be a great subject to write a story about.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.