Sam Reinhart at center

inkman

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

First, every player in the league has probably smashed a stick before, so strawman indeed. 

Second, when has he pouted and how did he do it? 

Do you watch at all? Countless face expressions on the bench and in interviews after games. Not worth going over. If you think Eichel leads well and doesn't pout you're delusional. 

4 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Teams game plan for Eichel

No team does any thought about Sam other than get their top line out against him because Sam+Skinner is the easiest line to score goals against, and not one of them is going to bruise ya

That's not necessarily wrong but you have to hope they can score as many or more to counter that. What's the alternative with Skinner? You can't wish him away. We're stuck with him, so you have to try to get something out of him. You want to just bury him on the fourth line like Kreuger did? imo Skinner's best chance to succeed with this roster is to pair him with Reinhart. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's not necessarily wrong but you have to hope they can score as many or more to counter that. What's the alternative with Skinner? You can't wish him away. We're stuck with him, so you have to try to get something out of him. You want to just bury him on the fourth line like Kreuger did? imo Skinner's best chance to succeed with this roster is to pair him with Reinhart. 

Pair him with Eichel and not worry as much. 

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well part of the reason is because they gave Skinner way too much money. So if Sam wants a big time payday we're in trouble and won't be able to have the resources to build a team behind those 3. Rookie contracts won't last forever. 

The comparison is a bit of a straw man argument. They are not necessarily the same, but they might be. ROR lost his love and that was that. You lose the trade big time but you really have no choice and with an owner wanting to save his bonus cheque you really have no choice. With Jack there is a question mark.  There's no question he's a frustrated hockey player but he also doesn't seem to have the character to take that on himself and lead out of it. Smashing sticks and pouting isn't leadership and it rubs off on others. 

IF, and it's a big IF but a real IF, IF he's not in the right frame of mind to commit to this team the team will be better off to move on from him. There's different mindsets. If his mind is okay I like the direction of this coach and the enthusiasm of these kids and I'm going to give it my all and rise this team up next year it could be good, BUT if his mindset is well oaky I'll start the season and see how it goes but this is your last chance or I'm out of here and if you rebuild at all I'm out of here and don't you dare trade my buddy Sam.............and that post game hot tub better be the temperature I like............. well okay maybe not that but I think you get my point. 

Bottom line is Adams/etc have to sit down with Jack, determine if he's genuinely into this team or not, fully committed to excellence here, and if not, it's really the right time to move on. 

This is one of the best posts I’ve read in awhile on here. Thank you. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.