And your 2021-22 Buffalo Sabres Captains are:

Doohickie

15 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

I dont think Jack is a crap captain, he just got the C way to early. 
It was almost like the sabres had to give him C because he was and still is our biggest star. 

But that is not why you give someone the C, and i honstly believe that is why they gave him that because he was showing signs on and off the ice. But man, there are very few ppl that can captain a nhl team at that age, specially when it comes to a team that is struggling like we have, it takes ALOT by a captain to try and shoulder that.

Jack need a good mentor to take the next step and maybe just maybe is Granato that person, and if that would be the case i rest my case cuz then Jack will most likely become what he was born to, a complete athlete. 

They could have given the C to O’Reily, who actually was more Captain-like with his propensity to organize extra practices, play both PK and PP, and being more experienced overall.  

Jack needs a mentor, that is true, and then he needs to listen.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

" Dahlin Sucks. The Sabres organization has given him so much rope....it’s time to reel him in. Send his A#&*&@“)( Down! "

This is your comment, and look at Dahlin now. I dont really think you understand what pressure and missleading coaching can do to a young player. 

Oh you are quite wrong. You have taken this out of context. RK was in my opinion ensconced in the HC position and if that’s the case Dahlin needed a change of scenery to build back his confidence. No where did I state “ Trade him right F€£”;/-& G Now! 
Coaches can make or break a players and by the way Dahlin still needs to learn to be a better defender. 
If you can find me a young defenseman with Dahlin’s offensive skills and McCabes defending....that my friend is a #1 pick. 
and of course when his contract is renewed we will do as we always do....Overpay him!

1 hour ago, JKB1646 said:

Oh you are quite wrong. You have taken this out of context. RK was in my opinion ensconced in the HC position and if that’s the case Dahlin needed a change of scenery to build back his confidence. No where did I state “ Trade him right F€£”;/-& G Now! 
Coaches can make or break a players and by the way Dahlin still needs to learn to be a better defender. 
If you can find me a young defenseman with Dahlin’s offensive skills and McCabes defending....that my friend is a #1 pick. 
and of course when his contract is renewed we will do as we always do....Overpay him!

"Jack is not Captain material! He does way more pissing & moaning and sulking than leading!
McCabe for Captain!.....Bazinga. "

This is exactly the same mindset as you had when you made your comment on Dahlin to send him down to AHL. (i never stated you yelled for a trade, i just copied your own comment

You see, we see this differently and i believe it is because you dont really understand. Dahlin in on his 3rd season in NHL, 21 years old. 2 of those seasons with the most dumb and idiotic coach who basicly taught Dahlin to be scared and afraid to make misstakes and that is not how you teach a young player to become a star, that is how you teach a player to keep making misstakes.

Dahlin has great both defensive and offensive skills and boy does it tell last 10 games, let a player with Rasmus skillset make misstakes and learn and coach him the right way and he will improve - it's simple math. Viktor Headman was #2 pick, go back and look at his career and you'll see that he didnt become what he is today over his first 3 seasons in the NHL. 

Speaking of Jack now and what this really is about, is that i firmly believe he can shoulder the captain role beeing mentored correctly and that has not been the case.
We're all different but with the correct mentor you can do amazing things. Jack was to young when he got the C, we all know that now, maybe he still is but if you dont show and mentor a young player how to lead - then he will just look lost. Maybe Jack isnt Captain material after all, who knows, all i know is that to me it seams the mentor part has been missing.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

"Jack is not Captain material! He does way more pissing & moaning and sulking than leading!
McCabe for Captain!.....Bazinga. "

This is exactly the same mindset as you had when you made your comment on Dahlin to send him down to AHL. (i never stated you yelled for a trade, i just copied your own comment

You see, we see this differently and i believe it is because you dont really understand. Dahlin in on his 3rd season in NHL, 21 years old. 2 of those seasons with the most dumb and idiotic coach who basicly taught Dahlin to be scared and afraid to make misstakes and that is not how you teach a young player to become a star, that is how you teach a player to keep making misstakes.

Dahlin has great both defensive and offensive skills and boy does it tell last 10 games, let a player with Rasmus skillset make misstakes and learn and coach him the right way and he will improve - it's simple math. Viktor Headman was #2 pick, go back and look at his career and you'll see that he didnt become what he is today over his first 3 seasons in the NHL. 

Speaking of Jack now and what this really is about, is that i firmly believe he can shoulder the captain role beeing mentored correctly and that has not been the case.
We're all different but with the correct mentor you can do amazing things. Jack was to young when he got the C, we all know that now, maybe he still is but if you dont show and mentor a young player how to lead - then he will just look lost. Maybe Jack isnt Captain material after all, who knows, all i know is that to me it seams the mentor part has been missing.

Dahlin does not have great defensive skills. Your definition of defensive skills is obviously different than mine. Being able to play a  2 on 1 is your basic skill set which he lacks. He is consistently on the wrong side of the puck in the D zone and the list goes on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.