Reinhart's demeanor today

nfreeman

23 hours ago, dudacek said:

On that note, goddamn was he ever good at centre tonight.

Just a step ahead of the play constantly and playing with authority at both ends of the ice.

That was the player i had envisioned him becoming when I watched him as a junior.

I agree and posted this baby a couple weeks ago:

I thought Sam was the best player in that draft at the time especially coming off a great Junior Gold Medal where he was the best player on team Canada that included a young McDavid. I also liked Sam because of his pedigree. His Father Paul was one of the most underrated players in the league when he played for Calgary and helped the Flames win a Cup during the Gretzky years. His father often played very well when the Flames and Oilers went toe to toe. I had no problem with taking Sam in the draft and I still don't. Sam is a very good player and is getting better. I think one of our best players and very consistent. I think we will bethankful we have him in the very near future.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

I just don't think they are all that good.

Did you think that before the season started? I don't remember who said what, but I know a lot of people around here were predicting the Flyers to win the division. A lot of things have fallen apart for them this year, but the veterans certainly aren't performing as expected. 

I've never liked Sam Reinhart much, and i have my reasons. 

But in this case, looking at the interview and how he reacts i think i must defend him. We have no clue why he behaved like that,
to me it looks like something have happened behind the scene maybe family related or something close to that. It is obvious that he does not want to
take this interview at all but does it because he is a professional sportsman (though he does not handle it so), but even so in this case 'if' there would be something very concerning on his mind it is very hard to be serious and calm in such interview.

This is only a speculation ofcourse and i have no reason to believe he acted like that just because he is tired of missing playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

If he's gone I certainly won't miss his 38% FOW, career -92, sluggish feet, and pissy post game attitude.   

Again, if he's not scoring he's a liability.  For a guy who supposedly has great vision and setup skills, his numbers don't tell the same story.   159 assists in 443 games... thats 1 assist every 3 games.... playing mostly with one of the top snippers in the game you'd expect more.

Honestly Jack is (much) more of a pass first player than Sam, as it turns out, so this part doesn’t surprise me. Jack scores a relatively low amount of goals for his shooting ability, but a high amount of assists, and Sam is about 50/50 which is actually a more goal-heavy balance than the average player 

Of note is that in Jack’s MVP quality year he bumped up his ratio to a more balanced 36g 42a, another sign of his continued blossoming 

On 4/18/2021 at 11:01 PM, Doohickie said:

Honestly:  I think that for Sam, it's just not as much fun without Jack there.  I think they really are best buds.

I also think the lost season thing could be a valid point.  He's seen this before, he doesn't get too pumped up about padding stats during meaningless wins.  The cure is to start winning from the start and carry it through for a whole season.  If that doesn't happen next year, he will for sure want out.

I think so too...which is why if you want to keep Eichel happy, you need to re-sign Reinhart to a long-term deal.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

I've never liked Sam Reinhart much, and i have my reasons. 

But in this case, looking at the interview and how he reacts i think i must defend him. We have no clue why he behaved like that,
to me it looks like something have happened behind the scene maybe family related or something close to that. It is obvious that he does not want to
take this interview at all but does it because he is a professional sportsman (though he does not handle it so), but even so in this case 'if' there would be something very concerning on his mind it is very hard to be serious and calm in such interview.

This is only a speculation ofcourse and i have no reason to believe he acted like that just because he is tired of missing playoffs.

It was a beautiful summer morning in July of 2005 when MODO arose early, put a pan of phat pannies in the oven, scratched his massive junk and strode onto his deck to admire the crisp morn. As he looked over Lake Vastenjaure, which he had purchased years earlier after inventing Sweden's version of the Clapper (the commercial jingle became an overnight sensation: "I'm high! Lights off! Lights off! Yaw-yaw!"), he noticed a young boy, 10 maybe, standing on the shoreline some 200 yards away, relieving himself into his pristine waters. Having bionic vision since birth, MODO could easily read the name on the back of the red and gold hockey sweater. R E I N H A R T. MODO cursed, then cursed again when he realized that the distraction had caused the pannies to burn, filling his impressive home with smoke. "Samson Alexander Reinhart you come back here this very moment!" came a motherly call from a nearby wooded area (bionic hearing as well). The name stuck in MODO's brain like panny droppings on a red-hot oven floor. He would never forget.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

It was a beautiful summer morning in July of 2005 when MODO arose early, put a pan of phat pannies in the oven, scratched his massive junk and strode onto his deck to admire the crisp morn. As he looked over Lake Vastenjaure, which he had purchased years earlier after inventing Sweden's version of the Clapper (the commercial jingle became an overnight sensation: "I'm high! Lights off! Lights off! Yaw-yaw!"), he noticed a young boy, 10 maybe, standing on the shoreline some 200 yards away, relieving himself into his pristine waters. Having bionic vision since birth, MODO could easily read the name on the back of the red and gold hockey sweater. R E I N H A R T. MODO cursed, then cursed again when he realized that the distraction had caused the pannies to burn, filling his impressive home with smoke. "Samson Alexander Reinhart you come back here this very moment!" came a motherly call from a nearby wooded area (bionic hearing as well). The name stuck in MODO's brain like panny droppings on a red-hot oven floor. He would never forget.

Twist ending of the feature film:

It was Griffin. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

This needs to be enshrined in the Sabrespace HOF

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty sure like everyone else in that room they are sick of zooming and all things this pandemic.  

This should be acknowledged.  These are still "kids" playing the game they love going on 1 year plus no fans no normal it's the prime of some of their careers. 

I'd be ticked daily.  Especially if we were out of contention.  

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Omg LOL

I love you to😅

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.