Reinhart's demeanor today

nfreeman

Regardless of one's feelings about how Reino handled the presser, did anyone gather any impression from his demeanor on the ice, in particular after his goals and at the end of the game when he congratulated Toker?  Unfortunately I didn't see the end-of-game moments with Toker on the Sabres' website highlights, but you can see it if you check your DVR and/or center ice.

9 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Regardless of one's feelings about how Reino handled the presser, did anyone gather any impression from his demeanor on the ice, in particular after his goals and at the end of the game when he congratulated Toker?  Unfortunately I didn't see the end-of-game moments with Toker on the Sabres' website highlights, but you can see it if you check your DVR and/or center ice.

I'll admit that it seemed a little petulant after his second goal when he skated over to Kevyn Adams, told him he would never play again, and stormed off to the dressing room.

After the first goal, when he thumped Asplund on the helmet with his stick, well, that wasn't so bad.

And I do wish he hadn't stabbed Artuu, but that's how you gotta handle a rookie, right?

Seriously?  WTF are people looking for now?  There is a photo of him in this thread and in the game thread celebrating after a goal.  He is not exactly Ristolainen with his celebrations to begin with, so what are people expecting?

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That's all well and good, but did he celebrate them properly?  If not, does it really matter that his goals equalled the winning margin?

I know he didn't mime pulling out a cell phone and calling his agent, and that's all I need to know.

54 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I just rewatched it. He kinda looks like a captain. Knowing what the game meant and where this team is, he was pretty staid. Let the kids celebrate.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

He handled the reporter.  The reporter, and some posters, can't handle the answer.

Haha, I'm not rattled one bit. 

Just wish he wasn't so mentally fragile that he has to hold a grudge against a reporter who asked a legitimate question over a year ago about his lack of effort a day after Sam himself called out his teammates effort. 

40 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Just wish he wasn't so mentally fragile that he has to hold a grudge against a reporter who asked a legitimate question over a year ago about his lack of effort a day after Sam himself called out his teammates effort. 

Lol calling him mentally fragile for not liking someone is mentally fragile. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Love the fact Reinhart helps win a hockey game and because he didn't sufficiently kiss the ground of the reporters we get to listen to that. 

Sam Reinhart could score 4 points a game from now until hell freezes and he still wouldn't be good enough. Unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 3

Reinhart has 4g and 1a in his last 5 games while playing center for the first time in years. What an ***** right? I mean what a crappy teammate making his wingers also play hockey. 

I hope he gets traded, I really do. Then y'all can bitch about needing a durable 20g scorer for the top 6 who is good 5v5 and meshes with Eichel. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

LOL! Mentally fragile? Like so many forumites?

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Do you know that’s the reason?  Anytime I hear Paul mention Samson’s name on the air, he’s throwing shade.  Sam ***** Reinhart is a great player.  He shouldn’t have to deal with Paul’s unintelligent misgivings.  Quite frankly, I wish he did go all Flyers and f bomb that Jack ass.  He states his opinion and asks the players if they agree with it.  What kind of Jack assery is that.  

Just to be clear:  I didn't bring this up as a knock on Sam, whom I continue to think is a good player, albeit not a great player, and one that I hope the Sabres can keep at a non-crippling contract.  I did so because for the first time yesterday, I got the same "no joy" vibe from Reino that I got from Kane in his last season here and I am concerned that Sam and the team both know that his days here are numbered.

I am hoping that I'm either completely out to lunch, which is quite possible, or that the lack of joy is due to Reino being unhappy about missing the playoffs and wanting, as a leader, to set the right tone for the rest of the team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.