Reinhart's demeanor today

nfreeman

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Honestly he just sounds tired of taking questions a bit after a rough year. 10 years of missing the playoffs taking it's toll mentally. 

When I saw the interview that was my concern. Has he reached the point of no return of wanting a change of scenery after years of watching the playoffs from his couch? It's got to be difficult seeing teammates such as Hall and Montour relieved to be traded from a dysfunctional organization and then seeing them participating in the playoffs. I'm hoping that this team finishes strong and he ends up truly believing that the situation here is not a delusion and it has genuinely changed for the better. 

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

In the WGR postgame Paul did say afterwards that one of the other interviewed players “gave a coherent answer, unlike Sam who mumbled his answer”.

I wouldn't answer questions either if that's how he treats me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Trading Sam will be like trading ROR; we will look back and say "how did we ever let that one get away?"

He's one of those guys you look to buy, not sell.

Yes!!!!! Just keep bringing back the same core players year after year...and then mix that in with a new HC(at least one many are advocating for) whose NHL resume' is limited.   Playoffs here we come!

...and please don't compare Reinhart to ROR they are not even remotely close in talent level.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes!!!!! Just keep bringing back the same core players year after year...and then mix that in with a new HC(at least one many are advocating for) whose NHL resume' is limited.   Playoffs here we come!

Because it was O'Reilly's fault all along!

• Like (+1) 1

If it’s possible to do, if I was a player, and the media were asking me questions, I would answer every question from everyone, UNTIL a reporter got cocky or mean spirited, or asked a cutting question like Harrington or Hamilton does. Then I would never ever answer any question they had again. I would say “next question” if they tried. 
They can get answers to their questions without their actual question being worded in such a way that attacks or becomes part of the story. It’s rude. It’s immature. It’s low brow. It’s low hanging fruit. It’s “easy” to be the prick in the room masked as “the guy asking the tough questions with a journalism degree”. Low effort reporting. Obvious is obvious. Well, to me it’s obvious. 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

...and please don't compare Reinhart to ROR they are not even remotely close in talent level.

We literally have turned over almost the entire roster in the last 3 years. Maybe we should stop doing the stupid ***** thing of sending out good players that contribute. "Yea! ***** Reinhart... the teams leading scorer! That guy didn't talk to a reporter once in the way I wanted." IS THE EXACT sentiment that lead to ROR getting shipped out. They are remotely close in talent, they just bring different things.  

• Thanks (+1) 3

From what I've seen Reinhart-haters are fueled by one or more of three things:

• His play style isn't fast or physical, and that's why they like hockey
  • He's a cold fish, pretty boy, rich kid and they don't like guys like that
  • The team has sucked his entire career so he must be a reason

Only one of those things are actually related to his play and it doesn't actually have anything to do with him being good or not.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Only one of those things are actually related to his play and it doesn't actually have anything to do with him being good or not.

If it’s The second reason… Is pretty damn immature in my opinion. Grow up.

another answer to that is… Hockey is an extremely expensive sport… Extremely… So really the majority of the men who are playing professional hockey came from “rich” or at least “well off” families with a healthy amount of disposable income.
Again.... majority, not all.

and the third reason you gave… Well that’s just flat out ignorant. To think that one player who plays on a team sport… Is the reason for their success or failure.
I certainly hope no one actually thinks that. Because that’s just brutal. In a team sport… 

Edited by Zamboni
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Well...sign him up long term, and bring the entire band back...Jack, Risto, Reinhart, McCabe, Ullmark, and the untradeable part of the core(Skinner and KO).  Bring back Hall too!

How can that plan fail?

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Let's be honest, Reinhart is not playing center next season. He will be moved back to wing which brings me to the next point... our right wings are Okposo, Tage, and Reinhart. That's it. 

What about Bjork or Ruotsalainen or Olofsson? Wasted on the left side?

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Well...sign him up long term, and bring the entire band back...Jack, Risto, Reinhart, McCabe, Ullmark, and the untradeable part of the core(Skinner and KO).  Bring back Hall too!

How can that plan fail?

Because they are all bad players who can't play a role on a winning team?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

"What changed because you used to suck before?"

Playing better under Granato, and seeing some success with younger players and having some optimism that things can be different going forward. It doesn't change the fact Sam Reinhart has not experienced any team success as measured by playoff appearances. He's probably tired of it , just like fans are.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Reinhart’s dislike of Harrington goes back to this game versus Detroit on February 6, 2020 where Samson had been out for a long shift and Larkin got a breakaway goal. Samson was gassed and was not catching Larkin. 

He and Hamilton are rumored to not be popular amongst players. 

During one of His Appearances on the Instigators Elliotte Friedman mentioned that teams around the league including the Sabres have taken notice that Reinhart’s Play has never waivered during this season. I would chalk up that interview to Samson not being the biggest H&H Fan

Plus there is this little tidbit. 

Good article

I think I’d still put Sam with Jack again first, but I liked this: 

“Mittelstadt could go back to the wing to make room for that checking line center. He was already having success on the wing before he was put back at the pivot. His skill set is not reliant on him being a center. His best asset is his shot and playing on the wing may force him into using it more as opposed to trying to be a line drive at center”

I also agree it makes sense to focus on getting a wing add now, and just getting a checking C. 

And as I’ve mentioned before it’ll be easier for KA to adds top 6 Ws than top 6 Cs

The flexibility we’ve gained IS very positive. A month ago I saw Eichel and Cozens at C and that’s it, and Cozens was a riskier bet to be ready. All of a sudden the thought dead and buried Sam-at-C idea is a viable option and Mittelstadt has emerged as a series threat. C options doubled. It’s the most important position and more than anything our apparent depth (wow lol) there makes me believe this could be sustainable.

It’s also a big reason I don’t want to trade Jack 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Playing better under Granato, and seeing some success with younger players and having some optimism that things can be different going forward. It doesn't change the fact Sam Reinhart has not experienced any team success as measured by playoff appearances. He's probably tired of it , just like fans are.

Players get used to success pretty quickly.  Better roster, better coaching, Reinhart will be fine.

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

How can that plan fail?

Who are you replacing #1 center Eichel with?

Who are you replacing #1 rw Reinhart with?

Who are you replacing #1 shutdown defender McCabe with?

Who are you replacing #1 goalie Ullmark with?

It is amazing that instead of realizing we are now building depth with these kids contributing, your solution is to gut the team above them and make them the #1's for a full season regardless of them being ready or not. In the case of 3 of those players there is no in house replacement. McCabe could be argued as the 4th as no LHD does what he does at the level he does. Your solution is short-sighted and based on recency bias because right now without 3 of these guys we are winning. Imagine though how could we would be with those 3 back (Eichel, Ullmark, McCabe) as opposed to saying "hey we were losing with them so get rid of them!". 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Rick tried to help. He'd be more popular if he was Sam Ranheim.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Let's be honest, Reinhart is not playing center next season. He will be moved back to wing which brings me to the next point... our right wings are Okposo, Tage, and Reinhart. That's it. 

Pretty sure Olofsson is playing RW w/ Reinhart right now & the 2 are working well together.  Routsalainen is also doing a good job there & Quinn doesn't help next year, but fits in at that slot the year after that.  

There is always a need to add more talent, but IMHO RW isn't the black hole you seem to consistently make it out to be. 

Back on topic, don't know why people are making a big deal out of Reinhart's interview.  He knows that Hamilton is going to ask d-baggish questions of him and he responds accordingly.  Rather than taking issue w/ the 24 yo, don't see it as a good look for the guy in his 60's.  And, IMHO, Sam shows great restraint as an F bomb is probably the correct response to the Q's.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.