Reinhart's demeanor today

nfreeman

I agree @pi2000 I thought he came off very douchie at the presser.  

Maybe he was tired after two straight games.  Maybe he is sick of losing.  Maybe he dislikes the media (very understandable).  Maybe all of the above.  Maybe he feels that if management had fired RK earlier, the team would be in the playoff race (or maybe it's me that feels that way).  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Sam, 2 for 8 on faceoffs, even plus/minus... (he's a minus 1 over the past 10 games).

His goals were nice shots from distance, very out of character for him.   

He's not getting any better at faceoffs (38%).

He came off as a douche in the post game.   

That said I believe he's best deployed on the wing.   

When have you ever cared about someone coming across as a douche?!

… wait, that came out wrong. 😂

Yeh Sam was curt.. he seemed distracted.. not sure if he was itching had something to do with it... not making the playoffs again or what.  I've seen him be more talkative in the past... could be Pham as people have been saying.  I don't think it was he wants to be outta here so much as he wanted to be off the stage right then and yeh he is disappointed in another wasted season.  At least I hope so.  The guy is shooting a lot more and man he has a nice shot that he didn't show as often before.  I like Granato is pushing the guys and the young legs are showing.  

Gotta wonder about Jack fitting into this chemistry though.  Oh well I can understand him feeling why wasn't Kruger fired earlier.  

He looked and sounded like Toews, captain serious. Didn't think it was at all indicative of not being a leader, which is a charge levied strikingly often around here for some reason

Looks pretty happy for his mates, here, too

1.thumb.jpg.1148b11ea8d06079ed8fa0a9dad65150.jpg

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Curt said:

The goals seemed ordinary.  He wasn’t over the top (is he ever?) but he was fist pumping, fist bumping, and smiling with the guys after both.

In the interview he gave short answers but there was no attitude there.  Could be any number of reasons why he wanted the post game to be finished ASAP.

Players celebrate goals differently. I like his reactions. Vanek was always calm after scoring while Ovie celebrates each goal like he won the Cup. No big deal. 2 great shots, btw

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree @pi2000 I thought he came off very douchie at the presser.  

Maybe he was tired after two straight games.  Maybe he is sick of losing.  Maybe he dislikes the media (very understandable).  Maybe all of the above.  Maybe he feels that if management had fired RK earlier, the team would be in the playoff race (or maybe it's me that feels that way).  

He has a long standing beef with Hamilton. That was how I viewed the issue. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

People in the media often times ask the same tired, stale, lazy questions. And, you know what, maybe they just have too many pressers and run out of decent questions. How many times can you ask someone after a win/or loss , "how do you feel after a win/loss?". Or, any one of the oft repeated questions. The whole thing is boring, and the players freaking hate it.

I heard a player in this video saying, too bad it doesn't mean anything because we sucked so bad until recently!

11 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

People in the media often times ask the same tired, stale, lazy questions. And, you know what, maybe they just have too many pressers and run out of decent questions. How many times can you ask someone after a win/or loss , "how do you feel after a win/loss?". Or, any one of the oft repeated questions. The whole thing is boring, and the players freaking hate it.

I heard a player in this video saying, too bad it doesn't mean anything because we sucked so bad until recently!

"What changed because you used to suck before?"

Reinhart’s dislike of Harrington goes back to this game versus Detroit on February 6, 2020 where Samson had been out for a long shift and Larkin got a breakaway goal. Samson was gassed and was not catching Larkin. 

He and Hamilton are rumored to not be popular amongst players. 

During one of His Appearances on the Instigators Elliotte Friedman mentioned that teams around the league including the Sabres have taken notice that Reinhart’s Play has never waivered during this season. I would chalk up that interview to Samson not being the biggest H&H Fan

Plus there is this little tidbit. 

1 hour ago, nucci said:

If I was a player, I would hate the part of answering questions after every game. Waste of time

Whether it is liked or not it is part of the media business that has contributed to expand the revenue base that has enriched the players. All pro sports have similar arrangements of interaction between the media, players and coaches. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Whether it is liked or not it is part of the media business that has contributed to expand the revenue base that has enriched the players. All pro sports have similar arrangements of interaction between the media, players and coaches. 

I understand this

I dont understand the need to interview the players after the game. they are not going to give any truly honest answers to the media about stuff, it will always be canned responses. it is a rarity that you will get true answers, because when you do, it goes viral and the player is sometimes blasted in the media for doing it. 

sorry, my hatred for the media is showing

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Gotta think that another losing year is weighing on him. Furthermore, it does not seem to matter what he does or how consistent he is leading the team in scoring and missing very few games yet there are still many that are dying to trade the guy.  he has been through a lot here and has not "rocked the boat" ala ROR he has just carried on playing well and scoring. And we al know that many including the press think he is not physical enough and I am sure he is tired of hearing the same old questions about another losing season. I love Sam and hope we do not trade him...

Reinhart has been part of a core on a team that has sucked for the 5 or so years he has been here.  You make millions of dollars to play a game, and will make even more going forward.  Act like a professional(take the high road) and answer a few questions each day.  Instead, you come across as a spoiled  brat who is holding a grudge against the beat reporters. 

IMO...sell high!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

He has a long standing beef with Hamilton. That was how I viewed the issue. 

Yeah - agreed 100%. Other than being obviously annoyed at Hamilton (and I agree that the inclusion of "moving your feet" sealed that deal), there was nothing unusual about this at all.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah - agreed 100%. Other than being obviously annoyed at Hamilton (and I agree that the inclusion of "moving your feet" sealed that deal), there was nothing unusual about this at all.

They're trying to get them to say something they can print/talk about.  He didn't want to take the bait.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh Sam was curt.. he seemed distracted.. not sure if he was itching had something to do with it... not making the playoffs again or what.  I've seen him be more talkative in the past... could be Pham as people have been saying.  I don't think it was he wants to be outta here so much as he wanted to be off the stage right then and yeh he is disappointed in another wasted season.  At least I hope so.  The guy is shooting a lot more and man he has a nice shot that he didn't show as often before.  I like Granato is pushing the guys and the young legs are showing.  

Gotta wonder about Jack fitting into this chemistry though.  Oh well I can understand him feeling why wasn't Kruger fired earlier.  

You bring up an interesting issue about Jack and chemistry. Jack is one of the top 10-15 players in the league. He is the best players on the Sabres. But he will still have to reestablish a chemistry with whoever his wingers are and he will have to reestablish his voice with new players and other emerging players. Will there be a different chemistry with Jack back in the room? Probably so. Will there be other voices in the room? Yes. My point about the issue of chemistry that you keenly noted is that it will not be the same as before and that it will be constantly adapting to the changing and maturing room.  

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Reinhart has been part of a core on a team that has sucked for the 5 or so years he has been here.  You make millions of dollars to play a game, and will make even more going forward.  Act like a professional(take the high road) and answer a few questions each day.  Instead, you come across as a spoiled  brat who is holding a grudge against the beat reporters. 

IMO...sell high!

Did you read the article @Brawndo posted?

He has been asked to play a position he has barely played in his 6-year pro career. And not just on a trial basis, they threw him in the deep end as the #1 centre and asked him to absorb all the toughest matchups.

He has responded by putting up five goals and nine points in 11 games and excellent #fancystats while the team has gone 6/3/2. His coach is complimenting him for the way he has stepped up to mentor the young guys. And we should note, he is doing it without Jack Eichel.

This is the money quote for me: During one of His Appearances on the Instigators Elliotte Friedman mentioned that teams around the league including the Sabres have taken notice that Reinhart’s Play has never wavered during this season.

This guy just shows up every night and produces. And he has for season after season no matter what kinda tire fire has been burning around him. He is the definition of a professional.

Trading Sam will be like trading ROR; we will look back and say "how did we ever let that one get away?"

He's one of those guys you look to buy, not sell.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.