GDT The Rematch Pittsburgh at Buffalo 4/18/21 3pm MSG/WGR 550

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Feel bad for Tokarski on that goal though, solid performance afain tonight.

He can let in all the goals he wants, when the game is over though. Don’t care 😂

He was already working on his "who has two thumbs and two wins?" joke for the locker room. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

@LGR4GM Mitts’ line is better then Cozens’ right now.  Mitts is also better right now.  That doesn't mean that Cozens won’t be eventually be better, but clearly Granato believes he is better and is playing that way.  The results also confirm it.  That said what a great goal by R2 and Cozens to start the game.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

@LGR4GM Mitts’ line is better then Cozens’ right now.  Mitts is also better right now.  That doesn't mean that Cozens won’t be eventually be better, but clearly Granato believes he is better and is playing that way.  The results also confirm it.  That said what a great goal by R2 and Cozens to start the game.

Mitts dominated in face offs even. Never would have expected that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nice. I was hoping Tokharski could get the shut out but then again he should have stopped the last one so I guess it evens out. Not sure what we're going to do this week if Ullmark doesn't play. I think we're going to burn Tokharski out this way. 

Really good to see the adjustments made in a second game (as they should be) and we played much better defensively which is what we needed to do based on game one. Solid win.

Samuelsson did not look out of place which is all you can ask for at this point. He could be a solid piece moving forward. 

Try to not say anything about Reinhart.... I see you ...

yawn 

😂

5 minutes ago, Radar said:

At this point it has to be his job to lose not win.

I'd agree. If they keep playing at this rate, I'd keep him I think 

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It's Hank Hill's bachelor party!

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Try to not say anything about Reinhart.... I see you ...

yawn 

😂

Hey, go look at what I said in the other thread (I forget which one, maybe forwards for 2021-22) where I said I think he should stay centering the line with Skinner and VO and not be considered as Jack's right wing. Didn't want to repeat myself, but what I said there is shown to be true in this game.

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh ya, and Eakin should be benched next game. It's possible, and it would send the right message. 

Just put Caggiula in between Reider and Sheahan and I think they could make some noise.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And just look how happy he is he got to skip school today!

1.thumb.jpg.0b198805b371634ccf440b3531b50094.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Radar said:

At this point it has to be his job to lose not win.

For a shot at the no. 1 pick?

Nope, sorry - I want the kids to learn how to win, a heckuva lot more than another high pick.

I want them to learn how to win, and I want them to learn to LIKE it.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Just put Caggiula in between Reider and Sheahan and I think they could make some noise.

My exact thoughts. Eakin clearly is in the doghouse (AND COMPLETELY EARNED 100% OF IT).

Drake in, Eakin to Rochester. He won't be a Sabre next year either way. Start the process way.

Just now, Kristian said:

For a shot at the no. 1 pick?

Nope, sorry - I want the kids to learn how to win, a heckuva lot more than another high pick.

I want them to learn how to win, and I want them to learn to LIKE it.

Yeah, with as bad as things were in the first half of the season, I want them getting as many good vibes as possible in the second.  They'll lose, too, but they'll be better losses.  In the end, they dug enough of a hole that they've got some room to win before they threaten their draft position too much.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.