Okposo done for the Season

Brawndo

Saw in Buffalo News today that Linus probably done for season, also 

16 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So... no concussion maybe?  If not, that's a good thing.

Also... creates a roster spot for Drake Caggiula?

I’m surprised there are not more injuries like this, with how hard they shoot the puck and how exposed their faces are. 

7 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I just don’t understand why he keeps going. He’s old and has his money. Walk away while he still has his health. I get the “love of the game”, but still. 

I agree, but it's hard to walk away from another $8 in salary plus bonuses for the next two seasons.  

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree, but it's hard to walk away from another $8 in salary plus bonuses for the next two seasons.  

Yeah, good point. Interestingly, in the NFL, which is just as violent, salaries are not guaranteed and we are increasingly seeing players walk away from the game earlier. 

28 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The kids are going to miss him.

He was the anti-Staal

Maybe he’ll stick around the team on game days? 

24 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I just don’t understand why he keeps going. He’s old and has his money. Walk away while he still has his health. I get the “love of the game”, but still. 

He’s worked for it and to continue it almost his entire life. Once you give it up, that’s it. It’s gone forever.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I’m surprised there are not more injuries like this, with how hard they shoot the puck and how exposed their faces are. 

I’m starting to shift my view on bringing back Ullmark a little bit 

8 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Before anyone asks, buying out KO doesn’t help at all next year.

Cap wise.  Giving Kyle a nice golden parachute into retirement ?  Not gonna happen but it could help out both sides. Get Kyle his money, free up the roster spot for an upgrade. 

58 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Irwin’s play was lower beer league level. It would be high praise to even call it amateurish. Guys at this level know where they are putting the puck.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully he has a full recovery with no permanent damage.

I don't think Okposo will even consider retirement this off season.

He'll show up at camp ready to go.

The fact that Okposo had a detached retina a few years ago might make the decision for him?

Edited by Norcal

20 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

His value has definitely dropped with this latest injury. I’d still try and sign him, but shorter term and less money. I can’t believe some team will be throwing big money at him now. 

If they have plans on winning, the other goalie they bring in, then, needs to be capable of playing as the starter under the assumed scenario of a future injury. They need to assume Ullmark is going to be hurt at some point as part of their evaluation. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.