GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo Apr. 17, 2021 • 3:00PM ET NBC / WGR

Doohickie

5 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Tristan Jarry is a good kid. His season started rough but he's turned it around. 

Unless he becomes a Sabre, he can go screw, and I hope he never wins another game in his life,… unless he is playing the Bruins.

Edited by SwampD

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

It needs to be pointed out after every game just how bad Krueger was.

And what an unbelievably bad decision it was to hire that guy.

A lot of good stuff happening with the young guys on the team with a competent coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I don’t give a crap if they lose, I’m entertained.

Thought that was gone forever!

I felt alive as a Sabres fan when Mittelstadt scored.

Separately, Toker played very well, as did Bryson, Joki, Dahlin and TT.  R2 was also pretty good, as was Cozens other than his crucial turnover for a GA, and Rieder played his role well.  Bjork was in the right place often and put pressure on the D with his skating, but he left quite a few plays on the table with mis-handles.

To beat solid playoff teams they need more from Reino, Skinner, Casey and VO.  Also I thought Asplund was too much of a passenger on his line today.

Do we really not have 2 better forwards anywhere than Eakin, who has been a major disappointment that goes on the debit side of KA's balance sheet, and Fogarty?

• Like (+1) 6

You have to applaud the effort level that's for sure. 

We don'\t have the talent to play them the way we did. We really need to finish more checks and play better D BUT you have to love the effort and the lack of quit. 

Now why did we pick up Cagguila if we're not going to play him? Is he quarantined or something? I want to see if he's got anything . 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You have to applaud the effort level that's for sure. 

We don'\t have the talent to play them the way we did. We really need to finish more checks and play better D BUT you have to love the effort and the lack of quit. 

Now why did we pick up Cagguila if we're not going to play him? Is he quarantined or something? I want to see if he's got anything . 

He’s quarantined until tomorrow.  He should be in the lineup.  

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, jad1 said:

And what an unbelievably bad decision it was to hire that guy.

A lot of good stuff happening with the young guys on the team with a competent coaching staff.

And to keep him long enough to lose 18 straight.

The guy should, at the very least, had been canned after 10 losses in a row.

It’s not like he’d taken them anywhere to deserve any benefit of the doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought Tage was one of our best players on the ice. Cozens made a bad play because he got too cute with the puck but it was due to being overconfident. That is an excusable offense for a young player who isn't afraid.

As everyone is pointing out the effort was there throughout the game. Even when the Penguins controlled the puck in our end our guys were always working.

Our goaltending was good and kept us in the game. The one goal he let in on the side from a tough angle was a little weak but the tender made plenty of quality stops that kept us in it. 

I am not dissatisfied. 

• Like (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think it should also be noted that the Pens brought their A game, unlike the caps and a number of their other opponents.

I hope it keeps happening.  Let the kids see what it takes to beat a good team in this league.  

Actually the Bruins brought their A game also and we held up, Caps paid the price for underestimating the young guys and Pittsburgh brought their A game as well. I'm getting more and more confident these kids will hold up. 3 playoff teams fighting for points and we ended up with 3 points. Miller and especially Irwin gotta go though. They hustled, I'll give them that but they add nothing. 

I have to give it to DG and the team, they have me pumped up for Sabres hockey again and it's been quite awhile too. Even when they were getting outplayed in the 1st period, they didn't just lie there they were fighting and it wasn't the first time the Penguins outplayed someone. I usually don't really blame the refs but that was to me a one sided called game also.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

Especially replacing Eakin and Irwin.  Can’t wait to see it (hopefully).  

Eakin is my new whipping boy.  He is completely useless out there and he's on the ice at the end of every period, it seems.  WHY?  Every time they get hemmed in, Eakin is on the ice.  I know we're short of players, but stop putting him out there against the other teams' top lines, especially at home.  That's the only complaint I have so far regarding DG's coaching.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffalOhio said:

Eakin is my new whipping boy.  He is completely useless out there and he's on the ice at the end of every period, it seems.  WHY?  Every time they get hemmed in, Eakin is on the ice.  I know we're short of players, but stop putting him out there against the other teams' top lines, especially at home.  That's the only complaint I have so far regarding DG's coaching.  

New?  Dude has sucked balls since he laced ‘em up.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffalOhio said:

cause at this point in time we don't have many players who can play defensively. he might be a fading player on his way out, but it's all we got. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.