Sabres practice line: 4/16/2021

LGR4GM

Just now, Flashsabre said:

I missed what happened to Okposo.

Good to see Ullmark back. Looks like The Drake will get the death spot when he is good to go.

In the game last night Irwin shot a puck into his head on a dump in and now Okposo has a concussion. 

Just now, Flashsabre said:

You have got to be kidding me. We are at the point where Okposo needs to have a serious conversation about his future. He was playing well too.

I got the video for you. I agree with you on Kyle Okposo. Okposo is honestly one of my favorite Sabres right now. He's a good person and he has been playing really well but I am terrified for the man's health and family. Give him a job as whatever in the org and give him his remaining salary. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In the game last night Irwin shot a puck into his head on a dump in and now Okposo has a concussion. 

I have watched that clip ten times and while I know what Irwin was trying to do, I don't know why he did it. OK, i guess i didn't see that Rieder was on the right side, but still...

Edited by tom webster

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I got the video for you. I agree with you on Kyle Okposo. Okposo is honestly one of my favorite Sabres right now. He's a good person and he has been playing really well but I am terrified for the man's health and family. Give him a job as whatever in the org and give him his remaining salary. 

FFS that was brutal. Irwin can go to the practice squad immediately.  One year left at $6 million, I have thought for a while something like your idea might work. Get Okposo to retire for his health. Give him a role like Matt Ellis, skill development, pay him his salary but free up $6 million in cap.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

who's the drake?

Drake Caguillia who they claimed off waivers from Arizona.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Looked like the puck caught him right in the ear which can mess you up pretty quick. Maybe it's caution because of his history and that's not a bad thing. If it's a full on concussion he might want to rethink his career for the sake of his long term health at this point. 

I hope he's fine as he's been showing good veteran leadership lately. Jack could learn a thing or two about that if he wants to be captain going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought Ullmark was week-to-week with his latest injury.  How is he one of the 2 goalies at practice?  And, yes, Okposo may need to seriously consider hanging it up.  He has played well lately and was contributing to the team, but his long-term health needs to be considered.

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Free lancing. There's no report yet. 

I didn't think so... was wondering if I missed something.

If it truly is a concussion (and not abundance of caution considering his history), I really hope he considers hanging up the skates.

12 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I thought Ullmark was week-to-week with his latest injury.  How is he one of the 2 goalies at practice? 

It's gotta be a typo.

Just now, BuffalOhio said:

I'm thinking Irwin was executing a cross-corner dump-in, but instead he executed Okposo's ear.  Poor fricken guy.

Guess we now know why Irwin wanted 44 as a Sabre.

At least when Zhitnik took off Hecht's ear, it was an actual shot attempt & everybody was in the zone.  Aka, Jochen could at least expect that to happen.  No way Okposo had any idea what Irwin was about to do to him.

But, he still needs to put a shot into the 300's to truly be following in Alexei's footsteps.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

How is he on the fly? Does he have some bite on his shot? How is he when he’s knocking on the doorstep? Does his game have any reflection of other players?

Oh come on, you know he sucks.

😁🦇

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

You have got to be kidding me. We are at the point where Okposo needs to have a serious conversation about his future. He was playing well too.

To be honest he should retire before he is brain gets more scrambled.   If a puck to the ear gets you another concussion i don't know , didn't look like a hard shot even.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.