Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Most people they are possibly looking at, are under contract with other teams until after the draft 

Even the scouts?!!

They cannot really go into the draft with this barren staff, can they? HOWWW?!

Just now, Thorny said:

Even the scouts?!!

They cannot really go into the draft with this barren staff, can they? HOWWW?!

Essentially they have to based on typical NHL rules. We can't poach scouts from teams during a season due to the potential leaking of trade secrets. There are also not a ton of unemployed experienced and good scouts laying around. You could hire an army of rookies but I don't really see that as a more positive result than just going with what we have.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yep

They work for the team until the draft is complete, they have information they gathered for their present clubs. That’s why in normal years, contracts expire June 30th. 

Right, thanks. 

Surely they could have approached some looking for hire? Every competent scout is working?

It's completely brutal if we hire no one else pre draft. Deserving of a Lindy, "that's a joke"

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Essentially they have to based on typical NHL rules. We can't poach scouts from teams during a season due to the potential leaking of trade secrets. There are also not a ton of unemployed experienced and good scouts laying around. You could hire an army of rookies but I don't really see that as a more positive result than just going with what we have.

Surely having the extra information would be good if you trust yourself (KA) to filter through it 

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The only trade partner that seems viable currently is LA. They have the center prospects and the defensive prospects to make the trade all while needing minimal cap help to fit in Eichel. 

Yeah, I agree.  I'm higher on Turcotte than Byfield, but either one represents anything better than the Rangers could offer up, unless the Rangers were willing to part with Lafreniere/Fox (unlikely).

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

We dont need tkachuk with jack going there's zero ponit  lets not forget hes best  Friends with Jack  I am sure he would love to play for a team that his best friend hates  now 

A lot of hockey players are best friends. We're going to watch Chara play the Bruins in a few days. You think he won't try? Worrying about who is besties with who is kind of silly. They're not lovers. 

16 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

Yeah, I agree.  I'm higher on Turcotte than Byfield, but either one represents anything better than the Rangers could offer up, unless the Rangers were willing to part with Lafreniere/Fox (unlikely).

I think the Rangers only want to offer draft picks and prospects that were not on the roster (or a thrown in veteran but not a young guy). The likely deal will involve a series of first round picks over years. 

Adams should ask for (among other pieces) a non conditional pick for Berard's draft year and we can hope Eichel can drive them to last place like he did here 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

A lot of hockey players are best friends. We're going to watch Chara play the Bruins in a few days. You think he won't try? Worrying about who is besties with who is kind of silly. They're not lovers. 

I just dont like his  Maturity issues  When your not a team player that Puts up some major red flags for me

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

The only trade partner that seems viable currently is LA. They have the center prospects and the defensive prospects to make the trade all while needing minimal cap help to fit in Eichel. 

Or the ducks but agreed 

I want absolutely nothing to do with Calgary there basically the Buffalo Sabres of the West  when we had the roy core 

Dennis Bernstein from the Fourth Period, who does have some good insight into the Kings Front Office, the rest of the league not so much, was on the Sports Bar on Monday. They asked Him what the return from LA for Eichel would be. His response was Byfield, Turcotte, a 1st and 2nd. 

That’s intriguing 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dennis Bernstein from the Fourth Period, who does have some good insight into the Kings Front Office, the rest of the league not so much, was on the Sports Bar on Monday. They asked Him what the return from LA for Eichel would be. His response was Byfield, Turcotte, a 1st and 2nd. 

That’s intriguing 

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s intriguing 

That I could probably live with, hell I'll take Brown if they up that 2nd to another protected 1st (I want a lottery protect 1st in 2022 because then there's an opportunity to grab a non-conditional 2023 1st)

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s intriguing 

I’d be in on this return IF we either take the second out and put in Kempe or just add a small piece from us to land Kempe.

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s intriguing 

It's reasonable value, for sure. I just wonder what they'd do for the real-time roster. That trade wouldn't really provide us with NHLers for right now (Byfield has 6 NHL games under his belt). We were already thinking we needed a T6 addition, this trade would mean we need 2 more, and we have to keep Sam, or trade him for an NHL player. 

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's reasonable value, for sure. I just wonder what they'd do for the real-time roster. That trade wouldn't really provide us with NHLers for right now (Byfield has 6 NHL games under his belt). We were already thinking we needed a T6 addition, this trade would mean we need 2 more, and we have to keep Sam, or trade him for an NHL player. 

Maybe one guy brings young high-end talent and the others bring in decent mid-roster players.

Byfield, Turcotte, a 1st and 2nd is exactly the type of trade the Sabres should do but I can't see why the Kings would do it seeing as they are in a re-build mode. I'd try to squeeze a bit more out of them if they are hot for Eichel, especially if another team in their division is bidding for him.

Risto doesn't want to be there?...gone. No use keeping players that don't want to be there. 

Rhino won't sign long term?...gone.

Should be able to get 2 more first round picks plus for those two players.

Anybody else that doesn't want to be a Sabre?...gone.

Do not overpay anyone just to keep them.

Next season play your youngsters and live with their mistakes and see which players are keepers.

Drafting or trading for a #1 goalie should be high on the list as well. Play the hell out of him and let him see lots of different situations while the team is rebuilding.

Every team's objective should be to win the cup but in reality the Sabres are more than a little bit away so you might as well see what you have and get some high draft picks the next couple of years and let those players all come together and peak at more or less the same time.

Keep some vets like KO to show the youngsters the way.

As far as Skinner goes, I really don't know what should be done with him. The NMC he has really handcuffs the team.

I know the Sabres' fans are running out of patience but a proper rebuild is probably the way to go. Go through 3 or so lean years and then start making the playoffs consistently while building a legitimate contender.

Edited by Ducky
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Every team's objective should be to win the cup but in reality the Sabres are more than a little bit away so you might as well see what you have and get some high draft picks the next couple of years and let those players all come together and peak at more or less the same time.

If this is the plan then I am 123% behind removing Granato's interim tag.  I think he's the perfect coach for that kind of environment.  He's looking to win but not by winning today or tomorrow, but by making the team and its players better.  I think if that's the case you will see him keep one of Ellis and Girardi as full assistants and letting the other go back to the Development realm.  Make the NHL squad a development team.  With the progress made this year I could see them being a bubble team next year and maybe even squeaking into the playoffs, but not because that was their goal, because DG made them that much better.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

As far as Skinner goes, I really don't know what should be done with him. The NMC he has really handcuffs the team.

Honestly, let him be a Fourth Line Harrier.  Take all expectations of scoring from him, make his job to just be a pain in the ass.  He can be pretty disruptive.  I think by doing so you might see him stop pressing so hard and eventually some goals will come.  Probably put Murray on the fourth line to bring in some bruising size and I guess we're stuck with Eakin for another year so let him center them.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

100%.  But If they won’t include Byfield, I think I move on to the next on the list

Do you think I should be more open to Turcotte being part of the deal and not QB? 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

That’s intriguing 

Works for me. 

27 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

100%.  But If they won’t include Byfield, I think I move on to the next on the list

Do you think I should be more open to Turcotte being part of the deal and not QB? 

Turcotte will be a leader in the locker room, I spend 15 minutes with Him at the Combine and I was ready to jump on the ice. Which is a scary thought since I haven’t been on ice skates since the Reagan Administration. 

He hasn’t taken the steps since His Draft Year that you would want 

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Turcotte will be a leader in the locker room, I spend 15 minutes with Him at the Combine and I was ready to jump on the ice. Which is a scary thought since I haven’t been on ice skates since the Reagan Administration. 

He hasn’t taken the steps since His Draft Year that you would want 

Still a Center spine of Cozens - Byfiefd - Turcotte - Mittelstad 

Edited by Huckleberry