Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Everything I have heard screams that Jack's attitude has been awful for quite some time. He has ZERO leadership skills and has always been a ME person. His exit interview was the only time he even cracked a smile and it was only to show everyone that he was gone.....more like a "good luck, have a great Summer with this crap, I'm out of here." I have said many times that Eichel was my least favorite "star" personality in the history of Buffalo sports. Good riddance and time to move on with the new core.

Let's go ask the Islanders how they are doing after letting Tavares walk for nothing. It's not always the pure talent that drives the team. Figure out who wants to be here, get a relatively good trade value for Jack, Reino and Risto, and turn the corner once and for all....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Tkachuk’s Agent is Craig Oster, who’s Sister is Chantel Oster who happens to have Two Sons named Matthew and Brady with Former NHLer Keith Tkachuk. 

So his agent is his uncle.  Family decisions with these legacy players.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Frank Servalli and Friedman both mentioned Anaheim as a possible trade destination.

Servalli also mentioned that discussions between the Kings and Sabres regarding Eichel began around the trade deadline

Any word on the return? I would hope it would have to include either Zegras or Byfield 

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

So far we've specifically heard the Calgary Flames, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers as teams that would have and do have interest.

As long as there is more than 1, that is all that matters. If there are at least 5, the return should be relatively nice. Obviously they will not get a better talent than Eichel, but I would expect they will be a much better team without him.

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Everything I have heard screams that Jack's attitude has been awful for quite some time. He has ZERO leadership skills and has always been a ME person. His exit interview was the only time he even cracked a smile and it was only to show everyone that he was gone.....more like a "good luck, have a great Summer with this crap, I'm out of here." I have said many times that Eichel was my least favorite "star" personality in the history of Buffalo sports. Good riddance and time to move on with the new core.

Let's go ask the Islanders how they are doing after letting Tavares walk for nothing. It's not always the pure talent that drives the team. Figure out who wants to be here, get a relatively good trade value for Jack, Reino and Risto, and turn the corner once and for all....

To me, this carries the same ugly tone as so many of your posts on so many Sabres-related topics.

Little birdies talk to me too every now and then, some here, and have never said anything remotely close to this. 

A lot of ugliness to this situation all around. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Frank Servalli and Friedman both mentioned Anaheim as a possible trade destination.

Servalli also mentioned that discussions between the Kings and Sabres regarding Eichel began around the trade deadline

Ducks intrigue me more than most.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hoss said:

So far we've specifically heard the Calgary Flames, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers as teams that would have and do have interest.

Where were Wild mentioned?  Hadn’t heard that one?

Something else to keep in mind, after this years draft certain existing front office personnel contracts will be expiring allowing the Sabres to expand theirs. Lance Lysowski and Elliotte Friedman have both mentioned Scott Luce. 

Any trades might wait for this to occur.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Something else to keep in mind, after this years draft certain existing front office personnel contracts will be expiring allowing the Sabres to expand theirs. Lance Lysowski and Elliotte Friedman have both mentioned Scott Luce. 

I'd be pretty shocked if it ever came out that they held up a process this massive so they could hire more assistants.

I can't see the Ducks trading for him as they are in a re-build now mode. I also think they have to add to Zegras like a 1st and a player like Manson.

NYR, LA, CBJ?, and Minny are believable.

CBJ could trade Jones (re-signed) and he would be a great partner for Dahlin, a 1st and another substantial add. They'd be hot to get Eichel to play with Laine to try to get his game back although I don't think Laine is there for more than 2 more years.

Philly always like to make a big splash. I also think the Blues will take a crack at him. Vegas would but they can't afford him...only dressed 15 skaters the other night because of cap issues.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I can't see the Ducks trading for him as they are in a re-build now mode. I also think they have to add to Zegras like a 1st and a player like Manson.

NYR, LA, CBJ?, and Minny are believable.

CBJ could trade Jones (re-signed) and he would be a great partner for Dahlin, a 1st and another substantial add. They'd be hot to get Eichel to play with Laine to try to get his game back although I don't think Laine is there for more than 2 more years.

Philly always like to make a big splash. I also think the Blues will take a crack at him. Vegas would but they can't afford him...only dressed 15 skaters the other night because of cap issues.

Laine would be the perfect fit for Jack, that is godtear right there.

Were all different, but if i were Jack i would not give up on Sabres if they cared enough to try again and for once can put a long term plan
on the table that would make sense. Winning with the Sabres or going to play off would mean so much more than going to playoffs with a season after season contender. 

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's not about being close to Eichel. In talent few are. It's about what he brings to the team. We need to spice things up and bring in some fire and passion to mix with the skill we may (or may not) already have. 

I would trade Reinhart for Tkachuk one for one in a heartbeat. Doubt Calgary would though. 

We dont need tkachuk with jack going there's zero ponit  lets not forget hes best  Friends with Jack  I am sure he would love to play for a team that his best friend hates  now 

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

Just imagine guys the main piece of the Minnesota Wild will be Rossi  And we could have drafted him for free.

You can't make this ***** up

10 hours ago, I-90 W said:

If we can get Zegras for Jack not only will I be okay with it, I’ll be extremely excited and glad it happened. 

We would win the trade z is just like joe thornton his playmaking ability is absolutely incredible 

I remember him making this pass to jack hughes That no one in the NHL could make not even Connor mcdavid I believe lol 

He's sucks at scoring though  lol 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

We would win the trade z is just like joe thornton his playmaking ability is absolutely incredible 

I remember him making this pass to jack hughes That no one in the NHL could make not even Connor mcdavid I believe lol 

He's sucks at scoring though  lol 

If our top line C develops into a PPG player it doesn’t matter to me if those points are mostly assists! 

18 hours ago, Hoss said:

When you look around the league New York and LA are the most logical teams if you’re looking for picks/prospects but if it’s a “hockey trade” Calgary far and away makes the most sense.

Jack and Risto for Tkachuk, Monahan and Rasmus Andersson (a RHD!? Unheard of!). That’s my final answer.

Do you prefer Monahan to Lindholm or is that who you think Calgary gives up 

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Do they have any intention of adding to the staff before a draft where we have excess picks?