Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

When you look around the league New York and LA are the most logical teams if you’re looking for picks/prospects but if it’s a “hockey trade” Calgary far and away makes the most sense.

Jack and Risto for Tkachuk, Monahan and Rasmus Andersson (a RHD!? Unheard of!). That’s my final answer.

Calgary is about to lose Giordano, is desperate to shake up it's core and should be interested in the concept of Risto.

Tkachuk is a dick with a poison pill contract and is a body they would move — he carries as many ?s as Jack.

They'd dump Monahan in a second, I'm not sure I want him. not sure they'd part with Lindholm.

Pending UFA Gaudreau is available. Can we sign him?

Pelletier is exactly the type of prospect Adams seems to covet.

Between the will and the pieces, I can see something happening.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Can't see Calgary trading Tkachuk with Sutter having influence there. They might be interested in Reinhart though. Especially after his end of season run. Best thing he could have done for us (unlike Jack torching things). Sell high. 

You guys have to stop Tkachuk stuff hes not even worth close to jack eichel and has been on a decline and a problem child in calgary 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Calgary is about to lose Giordano, is desperate to shake up it's core and should be interested in the concept of Risto.

Tkachuk is a dick with a poison pill contract and is a body they would move — he carries as many ?s as Jack.

They'd dump Monahan in a second, I'm not sure I want him. not sure they'd part with Lindholm.

Pending UFA Gaudreau is available. Can we sign him?

Pelletier is exactly the type of prospect Adams seems to covet.

Between the will and the pieces, I can see something happening.

Anything with Tkachuk involved would require a negotiated extension. I’m not trading Eichel for 2 years of Monahan and 1 year of Tkachuk. I’d offer Eichel, Reinhart(extended), and Ristolainen for Tkachuk(extended), Lindholm, Anderson and some type of protected 1st in 2022. Both sides get new blood and Calgary gets closer in their arms race with Edmonton. We get a good contract 2C, a grimy power forward with offensive upside and a young dman whom took a step back this year. (While maintaining our 3 Rasmi rule)

25 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You guys have to stop Tkachuk stuff hes not even worth close to jack eichel and has been on a decline and a problem child in calgary 

You keep saying this and have yet to provide context or evidence. Also, he’s 23. He’s not on the decline. He also doesn’t need to be Eichel - that’s why you get other pieces in the deal.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Hoss said:

You keep saying this and have yet to provide context or evidence. Also, he’s 23. He’s not on the decline. He also doesn’t need to be Eichel - that’s why you get other pieces in the deal.

34g

23 g 

11g 

Decline 

Maturity issues .

-  Organizing  ( the puck steal ) with his teammates to steal a puck  And shoots it down the ice when  Caught

- 9 million dollar qualifying offer

Calgary Flames Players Frustrated with Matthew Tkachuk’s Antics

https://xn--z6ut02b7b412h.xyz/calgary-flames-players-frustrated-with-matthew-tkachuks-antics/

Edited by Buffalonill

Dubois got Laine and Roslovic, do you really think Jack won't get a bunch more than that?? And everyone knew Columbus was getting rid of him also. DuBois isn't in Jack's class. Now Risto and or Reinhart to Calgary might make sense but you don't give Jack away without pulling up a U-Haul truck for the return. Best bet is to get him out of the conference so you'd only have to deal with him twice a year. First thing though is you have to make the effort to win him back and if that's an impossible task you don't move him until someone fills that U-Haul truck to your liking and if you're trading him it'll be better to get a young players return as opposed to trying to win with a vet who will not want to stick around until the team is ready to win 

Edited by jsb
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Dubois got Laine and Roslovic, do you really think Jack won't get a bunch more than that?? And everyone knew Columbus was getting rid of him also. DuBois isn't in Jack's class. Now Risto and or Reinhart to Calgary might make sense but you don't give Jack away without pulling up a U-Haul truck for the return. Best bet is to get him out of the conference so you'd only have to deal with him twice a year. First thing though is you have to make the effort to win him back and if that's an impossible task you don't move him until someone fills that U-Haul truck to your liking and if you're trading him it'll be better to get a young players return as opposed to trying to win with a vet who will not want to stick around until the team is ready to win 

I agree with this post 100%.

Monahan, Kachook, Anderson and a 1st would be enough for Eichel but you are getting taken to the cleaners if you include Rhino.

Monahan is an ok 2C that has scored 76 points in the last 120 games over the last two seasons and almost ALWAYS plays with Johnny regular season Hockey. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Rhino.

If the flames are getting Rhino and Eichel the deal would have to be centered around Lindell and Zary with a ton of adds. Add 2 first round picks, Anderson or Hanifin and a few other adds.

I know people like Kachook but I wouldn't want him on my team...or his brother for that matter.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

This is what I’ve been saying. Team’s don’t trade their best prospects 

I feel like teams don’t trade their best players either though.  The NHL is just very conservative.

To everyone, when is the last time that a team traded their best NHL player, or their best prospect?  I’m struggling. ROR?  PK Subban/Weber?  Oh, Dubois too.

Edited by Curt

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I feel like teams don’t trade their best players either though.  The NHL is just very conservative.

To everyone, when is the last time that a team traded their best NHL player, or their best prospect?  I’m struggling. ROR?  PK Subban/Weber?

Was PLD the CBJ's best player...Jones?

51 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

34g

23 g 

11g 

Decline 

Maturity issues .

-  Organizing  ( the puck steal ) with his teammates to steal a puck  And shoots it down the ice when  Caught

https://xn--z6ut02b7b412h.xyz/calgary-flames-players-frustrated-with-matthew-tkachuks-antics/

Thank you for this. I’m not really concerned by the videos but it’s something that good coaching and culture can work on.

His point totals have taken a step back but so has everyone in Calgary. The 30-goal season was when Calgary had an offensive explosion and everyone thought they had arrived.

I still have a lot of interest in him as a piece to a larger deal. I also have a lot of interest in Andersson because he’s a young RHD.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

34g

23 g 

11g 

Decline 

Maturity issues .

Aren't qualifying offers 120% of the AAV?

7 x 1.2 = 8.4m Still too much but he'll get it. they don't have much else there.

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Aren't qualifying offers 120% of the AAV?

7 x 1.2 = 8.4m Still too much but he'll get it. they don't have much else there.

The qualifying offer thing isn’t an issue. He’d get that much on a long-term contract anyways.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

When you look around the league New York and LA are the most logical teams if you’re looking for picks/prospects but if it’s a “hockey trade” Calgary far and away makes the most sense.

Jack and Risto for Tkachuk, Monahan and Rasmus Andersson (a RHD!? Unheard of!). That’s my final answer.

Can we add Jary and their 1sr rounder ? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

It's not about being close to Eichel. In talent few are. It's about what he brings to the team. We need to spice things up and bring in some fire and passion to mix with the skill we may (or may not) already have. 

I would trade Reinhart for Tkachuk one for one in a heartbeat. Doubt Calgary would though. 

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's not about being close to Eichel. In talent few are. It's about what he brings to the team. We need to spice things up and bring in some fire and passion to mix with the skill we may (or may not) already have. 

I would trade Reinhart for Tkachuk one for one in a heartbeat. Doubt Calgary would though. 

Reinhart for Tkachuk?  Oh goodness yes.

However, a note on Tkachuk as a trade target.  It really seems like he is going the same route as Reinhart contract wise.  Getting to UFA ASAP.  Tkachuk has one more year on his current contract.  $7M AAV, $9M salary.  Then after that he just needs to do the one year arbitration thing to get to UFA.

These ex-player’s kids seem to be getting excellent financial advice and going this route.  They don’t have to worry about getting long term  financial security early on, and they are gaming the system best they can.  Max Domi has done pretty much the same thing.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Curt said:

Reinhart for Tkachuk?  Oh goodness yes.

However, a note on Tkachuk as a trade target.  It really seems like he is going the same route as Reinhart contract wise.  Getting to UFA ASAP.  Tkachuk has one more year on his current contract.  $7M AAV, $9M salary.  Then after that he just needs to do the one year arbitration thing to get to UFA.

These ex-player’s kids seem to be getting excellent financial advice and going this route.  They don’t have to worry about getting long term  financial security early on, and they are gaming the system best they can.  Max Domi has done pretty much the same thing.

Tkachuk’s Agent is Craig Oster, who’s Sister is Chantel Oster who happens to have Two Sons named Matthew and Brady with Former NHLer Keith Tkachuk.