Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

15 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Rangers have plenty of assets. Soon to be 1G, Fox, Kakko/Laf, Zib, Miller, Buchnevich.

Would anyone not take Shesterkin, Fox, Laf and Buchnevich for Eichel?

Easy no, all are skilled and talented players but none of them have a consistent body of work to outright trust going forward. Fox could be great, or he could just be Tyler Myers. I'm not interested in trading Eichel; even less so in the eastern conference.  

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 1

My response is mostly in the injury Eichel thread, but the Dreger interview is all *****, trust me. It's Toronto guys speculating about a team who no longer gives them insider intel.

Jack is still engaged with this team. He's still calling Anders Bjork to welcome him to Buffalo.

If a Toronto guy is ever talking about what Buffalo should do, or what will happen with Buffalo, and it's not from a Buffalo source you've already heard it from, it's *****.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I feel like that too, to me if they move him there's gotta be something "else" going on, beyond some sort of "just to do it, core shake up!" thinking from KA. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

The only way a deal seems palatable to me is if we are getting back one current true first line player in return, along with all the prospects/picks that undoubtedly will be in there. 

Lindros fits better cause of the injury history 

Just as a thought exercise, what do you mean by “current true first line player”?  Do you really mean one of the 96 best forwards in the NHL?  Or do you mean a star player putting up near a point per game?

6 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

My response is mostly in the injury Eichel thread, but the Dreger interview is all *****, trust me. It's Toronto guys speculating about a team who no longer gives them insider intel.

Jack is still engaged with this team. He's still calling Anders Bjork to welcome him to Buffalo.

If a Toronto guy is ever talking about what Buffalo should do, or what will happen with Buffalo, and it's not from a Buffalo source you've already heard it from, it's *****.

I don't think we are trading Jack. I think Eichel stays here and we finally hit the playoffs with him. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

lol. 

Seriously though... vilardi, kempe, bjornfoot are all currently on their roster. 

lol?

The current player return matters to me. 

19 games for Bjornfoot is the most GP of the players you listed. 

So Vilardi, who was just being mentioned as something being "up" with him, right? How good is Kempe? 24 points this year...not exactly an exciting starter in an Eichel deal re:the current player side of things

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

Just as a thought exercise, what do you mean by “current true first line player”?  Do you really mean one of the 96 best forwards in the NHL?  Or do you mean a star player putting up near a point per game?

The former

You don't really see the big 1-for-1 star for star deals very often at all. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

lol?

The current player return matters to me. 

19 games for Bjornfoot is the most GP of the players you listed. 

So Vilardi, who was just being mentioned as something being "up" with him, right? How good is Kempe? 24 points this year...not exactly an exciting starter in an Eichel deal re:the current player side of things

Kempe is a at 42 for the season but you asking for star players from a team that has no stars currently is odd. LA is rebuilding and if you want to get something for Eichel you should be pilfering their STACKED prospect pool. 

• Like (+1) 2

There is a lot to unpack.

1) The Sabres don’t have a desire to move Eichel.  It will. E a result of him wanting out if it happens.

2) His no trade kicks in next summer. If nothing is resolves

and he demands out after it is activated then you are stuck with a Hall situation.  Eichel only wants to go to Boston, Boston lowballs you knowing you have no options.

3) Don’t just dismiss the Dregers of the world. They are mouthpieces and agents know how to use them to get info out there.

4) If he is moved, L.A. is a great team to have interested. West Coast, you only see him a couple of times a year, and  lots of young high end talent: Byfield, Turcotte, Kupari, Akil Thomas, Bjornfort, Kaliev, high draft picks.

I think Eichel is sick of losing and there being no hope at the end of the tunnel. That may change if this team keeps improving. I think Eichel has no problem staying if things turn around here next season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Flashsabre said:

There is a lot to unpack.

1) The Sabres don’t have a desire to move Eichel.  It will. E a result of him wanting out if it happens.

2) His no trade kicks in next summer. If nothing is resolves

and he demands out after it is activated then you are stuck with a Hall situation.  Eichel only wants to go to Boston, Boston lowballs you knowing you have no options.

3) Don’t just dismiss the Dregers of the world. They are mouthpieces and agents know how to use them to get info out there.

4) If he is moved, L.A. is a great team to have interested. West Coast, you only see him a couple of times a year, and  lots of young high end talent: Byfield, Turcotte, Kupari, Akil Thomas, Bjornfort, Kaliev, high draft picks.

I think Eichel is sick of losing and there being no hope at the end of the tunnel. That may change if this team keeps improving. I think Eichel has no problem staying if things turn around here next season.

This is false because there is an option. You don't trade him and tell him he isn't going there because their offer is *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Kempe is a at 42 for the season but you asking for star players from a team that has no stars currently is odd. LA is rebuilding and if you want to get something for Eichel you should be pilfering their STACKED prospect pool. 

I said games played for the ones you originally listed. Kempe, 42 games played in the league, ya

I didn't say star players. My point anyways is that I wouldn't really be interested in a deal without a top line player coming back and that's why it think these deals are so difficult to make 

Just now, Thorny said:

I said games played for the ones you originally listed. Kempe, 42 games played in the league, ya

I didn't say star players. My point anyways is that I wouldn't really be interested in a deal without a top line player coming back and that's why it think these deals are so difficult to make 

There is no top line player currently on the Kings roster. I don't want 33 year old getzlaf. You are getting potential top line players which is why you get multiple prospects. Turcotte, Byfield (former top 5 pick), and Kupari all fit the bill as potential first line players. Byfield not being at least as good is Cozens would be shocking. 

Adrian Kempe has played 298 games in the league and would not be a top line player but would be an NHL body that's still young. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

There is no top line player currently on the Kings roster. I don't want 33 year old getzlaf. You are getting potential top line players which is why you get multiple prospects. Turcotte, Byfield (former top 5 pick), and Kupari all fit the bill as potential first line players. Byfield not being at least as good is Cozens would be shocking. 

Adrian Kempe has played 298 games in the league and would not be a top line player but would be an NHL body that's still young. 

I know haha I'm saying maybe a Kings deal doesn't work for me then 

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You mean a top line already player. IE Eichel out and a plug and play guy back in. I disagree with this strategy because if you are trading Eichel you are rebuilding and need to get high end prospects like Turcotte or specifically Byfield. 

Byfield with 19 points in 27 games as a 18yr old in the AHL is actually unheard of, I don't have a single comparable because it really has never been done. There's your top line talent coming back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You mean a top line already player. IE Eichel out and a plug and play guy back in. I disagree with this strategy because if you are trading Eichel you are rebuilding and need to get high end prospects like Turcotte or specifically Byfield. 

Byfield with 19 points in 27 games as a 18yr old in the AHL is actually unheard of, I don't have a single comparable because it really has never been done. There's your top line talent coming back. 

Yes generally when someone says "top line player" the default is a player that has already actually proven to be a top line player

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I know haha I'm saying maybe a Kings deal doesn't work for me then 

Which is a major problem because that is how you execute this trade. Trading Eichel and getting Turcotte, Iafallo, a 1st and something else is way worse than trading Eichel and getting Byfield, Kempe, 1st, and Kupari/Bjornfoot

Just now, Thorny said:

Yes generally when someone says "top line player" the default is a player that has already actually proven to be a top line player

So what team would you trade with?

Which is a major problem because that is how you execute this trade. Trading Eichel and getting Turcotte, Iafallo, a 1st and something else is way worse than trading Eichel and getting Byfield, Kempe, 1st, and Kupari/Bjornfoot

So what team would you trade with?

Dude. I don't want to make the trade. That's what I am saying to you

If they draft Beniers and IF they traded with the Kings and Turcotte was part of the deal then Adams would be on track with his “identity” for the team: Cozens, Beniers, Turcotte would be the poster children for Sabres “fast, skilled, high effort, high character, 200 foot players”

• Like (+1) 1

I don't want to make the trade either. 

Right.

If there's a trade out there that returns solid prospects AND a top line player who is not as good as Jack, but a first line player, it's the trade I would make if I had my choice. 

To me the only way a Kings return would be acceptable is if it's the best return (and very well could be) and KA has no other choice but to make the deal. If it's team driven, I just don't make the deal