Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

18 minutes ago, COSabreFan said:

And one the Sabres will likely ultimately have to give in some on.  It’s just silly now.  Allow to to have surgery ASAP, hen trade him for the best you can when healthy.  Jack to me has all the leverage, Sabres have more to lose.

Jack has $50M to lose. So does Terry. As a team of players, the Sabres have already moved on. Getting assets back for Jack is merely icing on the cake now. They be fine even if Jack sits and they get nothing. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, COSabreFan said:

And one the Sabres will likely ultimately have to give in some on.  It’s just silly now.  Allow to to have surgery ASAP, hen trade him for the best you can when healthy.  Jack to me has all the leverage, Sabres have more to lose.

The Sabres legally have the final say on Jack's course of medical treatment according to the CBA

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Sabres legally have the final say on Jack's course of medical treatment according to the CBA

That's a fact, but perception matters here too. If the Sabres become known as a franchise that won't allow players their desired medical treatment, no one will sign here unless they have no other choice. And when we want to start winning again in a year or two, we'll need some high-profile veteran free agents to fill out the roster. The leverage that Jack and his team have is that they, and only they, can go to the media and talk about his need for surgery. GMKA can's talk about it because of HIPPA. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Jack has $50M to lose. So does Terry. As a team of players, the Sabres have already moved on. Getting assets back for Jack is merely icing on the cake now. They be fine even if Jack sits and they get nothing. 

Ultimately I don’t think Terry is interested in paying Jack 10 million to sit on LTIR.  If Sabres go completely nuclear and void his contract for not getting their surgery, they will lose big time in long run.  No players will ever want to come here whether signed in FA or drafted as long as TP still owned the team.

I feel the quickest/best way to move forward and rebuild again something sustainable is to let him have his surgery, get what you can and turn the page.  It sucks, but I think they should be more interested in getting it right then being right.

Edited by COSabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

That's a fact, but perception matters here too. If the Sabres become known as a franchise that won't allow players their desired medical treatment, no one will sign here unless they have no other choice. And when we want to start winning again in a year or two, we'll need some high-profile veteran free agents to fill out the roster. The leverage that Jack and his team have is that they, and only they, can go to the media and talk about his need for surgery. GMKA can's talk about it because of HIPPA. 

Only to fans. There's "won't allow players to get medical treatment." Then there's "won't let players dictate to their team's medical staff." To say the Sabres are denying medical care to Jack Eichel is to completely misrepresent what's going on. I doubt any NHL team would appreciate how Eichel is handing his neck issue.

You know we harp on the Sabres for "caving" on trades, yet here we are doing the exact same thing.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HoosierDaddy said:

Hasn't worked with me. I was giving Jack and advisors the benefit of doubt but their media campaign has turned me into more anti Eichel than swayed me toward support. Frankly he's acting immature and entitled. A disease found common with professional athletes but stll unattractive to me.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, HoosierDaddy said:

Slippery slope fallacy.

• Like (+1) 1

There's just so much wrong with this sentence. It's basically all wrong. 

The Sabres medical staff is very good and I don't recall very many medical disputes in the past with players.  As most will recall the last one that divided the fans (that I recall anyway) was with Pat LaFontaine.  He wanted to keep playing and the team wouldn't clear him eventually trading him to the Rangers.  He played well until his next concussion when he ran into Mike Keane (his own teammate) and had to leave the game finally and retire.  The Sabres doctors were right in that case.

• Like (+1) 2

The guy who would do the disc replacement surgery weighing in publicly is pretty interesting.

Not sure what it means in terms of this whole conflict though. Is he doing the agent and Jack a favor, sending a message to hesitant trade partners? 

Edit: Know what this feels like? This feels like a "get out in front of the media circus" move for a trade that is nearly done. The team trading for him is going to let him have the ADR, but they want the doctor on record publicly first stating that he's confident in the procedure.

Edited by darksabre
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, COSabreFan said:

Ultimately I don’t think Terry is interested in paying Jack 10 million to sit on LTIR.  If Sabres go completely nuclear and void his contract for not getting their surgery, they will lose big time in long run.  No players will ever want to come here whether signed in FA or drafted as long as TP still owned the team.

I feel the quickest/best way to move forward and rebuild again something sustainable is to let him have his surgery, get what you can and turn the page.  It sucks, but I think they should be more interested in getting it right then being right.

If Jack thinks he has a legitimate grievance with the Sabres over the surgery he should have, he should file a complaint with the NHL and go to arbitration. This is what the Players Association and owners agreed upon. It speaks volumes he has not done this and it speaks equally loud that the PA hasn’t intervened upon his behalf. 

I agree, Hell will freeze over before Terry let’s Jack collect $10M/year on LTIR. And this is precisely why they will not allow him to have the procedure he wants. In financial terms, which Terry understands the most, the risk outweigh the benefits.  If Jack fully accepts the risk ($50M left on his contract), I’m sure Terry would allow it and move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

When you make statements like this please provide evidence

https://twitter.com/jackeichel?s=21

Maybe because people get sensitive when you post something about Twitter so I stopped

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Interesting timing for that as well... Me thinks a trade is coming.

Let's investigate  I see a beach in his background  California confirmed

4 hours ago, kas23 said:

Nah.  It’s important that they make the best deal they can for him and get some good assets back.

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Anyone thinks it's weird that he has some dude in his background?  Unless that's him but it doesn't look like him

Pale skin, curly hair, stiff neck; Fairly sure it's him ... we're really dissecting  this from every angle