Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Someone such as Reilly would be valuable at the Trade Deadline, He would be worth including in the deal

It’s all about maximizing cap space to acquire more assets 

Could the Sabres “hide” a player, or players for Vegas?

For example, acquire Theodore for a pick, eat half his salary, then send him back along with Eichel for Smith and prospects and picks?

Or how about laundering a player through another franchise? Vegas trades Smith to Arizona, who flips him to Buffalo at 50 %, who then eats another 50 % and sends him back to the Knights?

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I know, but he is their best shot at having one in the future.   And they do lack centers , trading krebs while eichel recovers might kill their season.

Vegas just lost William Karlsson for 6 weeks now. Injuries are decimating VGK right now. Sabres fans don’t get to hyped up about Elvenes or Dugan. I still think Dugan needs another year or so and Elvenes probably never makes it. I’m not confident that Vegas will pull off a deal for Eichel.

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Could the Sabres “hide” a player, or players for Vegas?

For example, acquire Theodore for a pick, eat half his salary, then send him back along with Eichel for Smith and prospects and picks?

Or how about laundering a player through another franchise? Vegas trades Smith to Arizona, who flips him to Buffalo at 50 %, who then eats another 50 % and sends him back to the Knights?

Negative, both scenarios are prohibited by the CBA. 

Smith to Buffalo then to Arizona then back to Vegas wouldn’t be allowed under the CBA either I believe. 

• Thanks (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Once a team has retained 50% salary, another team can't retain more.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

My source says we are in a simulation and nothing is real.

Consider there are infinite parallel universes (there are)  In at aleast one of those universes Jack is never traded, ever.   Maybe we live in that universe?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Once a team has retained 50% salary, another team can't retain more.

Looks like limit of 2 teams retaining per contract, maximum 50 per cent of the contract retained, although it doesn't clarify if that's per team or per contract.

https://puckpedia.com/salary-cap/retained-salary

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

I was watching the NHL Network and Kevin Weekes gave an update that he thinks it’s close and he gave Calgary as the top destination, slightly better odds than Vegas Golden Knights.

Monahan, Rasmus Andersen, Zary, Coronoto, conditional 1st for Eichel, Colin Miller (50% retained) Eakin (50% retained)

Quick, phone it in before Calgary wakes up.😜

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Looks like limit of 2 teams retaining per contract, maximum 50 per cent of the contract retained, although it doesn't clarify if that's per team or per contract.

https://puckpedia.com/salary-cap/retained-salary

You can retain 75% over two teams. 50% of the Total and then Team 2 can do 50% of the remaining contract 

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Consider there are infinite parallel universes (there are)  In at aleast one of those universes Jack is never traded, ever.   Maybe we live in that universe?

Maybe Jack's skills don't translate as well to the physical laws of nature that exist in other universes and he doesn't even play hockey in some other universes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, inkman said:

I hate this thread. Grade A material here and it’s buried by a bunch of nonsense.  Look at me damn it!!

What?  @Marvin, Sabres Fan and me don't count?  Take what you can get, man.

22 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Maybe Jack's skills don't translate as well to the physical laws of nature that exist in other universes and he doesn't even play hockey in some other universes. 

Jack at work in an alternate universe.

garbage-collectors.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2