Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah I’m still struggling the the Krebs hype. I think Cozens, Mitts, Quinn and Peterka will all be better.  So why is he the centerpiece of the deal.  Unless Theodore or someone like that (Tuch?) is included.  If he’s just an ancillary piece, fine. 

He'll be the centrepiece of the deal if they can't get a better centrepiece.

I think you're right that some are overrating him, but I also think he is better than you give him credit for.

The most recent Canada WJC team was among the best I've ever seen, gold medal game notwithstanding. Krebs was their 2nd leading scorer.

On that team, Cozens was a Drury, Quinn a Hecht and Krebs a Pominville.

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I don't recall that being the mindset from the start.

Not until we realized what teams were actually offering.

• Like (+1) 2

Eichel has a badly screwed up neck that requires surgery and no one can guarantee he will be back to 100%. He also has a $10 million a year price tag. They will receive a package in return. No one in that package will be at Eichel’s level. If you can get good young players/prospects and picks then that is successful.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd be very happy with Krebs as a big part of the return for Eichel.

From the little I have seen of him, but read a lot, he seems to be a very good skater, relentless back-checker, decent shot, better playmaker, hard worker.  Not likely to be a 30+ goal scorer (maybe 15-20 goals, 50 point potential), but a player that works hard and has enough talent to play anywhere (1st, 2nd, 3rd line, pp, pk, etc).

You are not going to get a younger/healthier version of Jack Eichel in return for him, You just have to make sure you get quality young NHL players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

As someone who has watched both play. Elvenes is going to be lucky to make the NHL full time. He’s a great passer but he doesn’t stand out when you watch him. He’s usually on the power play but he needs a lot of work in his game. Krebs on the other hand is fun to watch. Besides being a great passer, his hockey IQ is very high, he works hard and is usually the first one back to help out in the defensive zone.

18 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'd be very happy with Krebs as a big part of the return for Eichel.

From the little I have seen of him, but read a lot, he seems to be a very good skater, relentless back-checker, decent shot, better playmaker, hard worker.  Not likely to be a 30+ goal scorer (maybe 15-20 goals, 50 point potential), but a player that works hard and has enough talent to play anywhere (1st, 2nd, 3rd line, pp, pk, etc).

You are not going to get a younger/healthier version of Jack Eichel in return for him, You just have to make sure you get quality young NHL players.

^ This is spot on. This is exactly what I’ve seen from him watching him on the Golden Knights and the Silver Knights. He stands out in the AHL. He’s going to be an everyday NHLer!

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The fact that a super tenured hockey man like Don Maloney has been following the Sabres in Ana and LA tells me that Calgary are right in it and that it will be a larger deal then just Eichel.

If Calgary is in on this you wonder if Johnny Hockey is a piece to be possibly involved and then getting moved again.

49 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We were never getting Eichel's replacement in this deal.

It was always fingers crossed we might get a Reinhart.

We're not trading Eichel to be lucky to get a Reinhart.  We're trading Eichel for a developing Eichel and the risk mitigation of that player not developing into Eichel.

Hold the line.

3 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

We're not trading Eichel to be lucky to get a Reinhart.  We're trading Eichel for a developing Eichel and the risk mitigation of that player not developing into Eichel.

Hold the line.

I bet “we” aren’t.

3 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

If Calgary is in on this you wonder if Johnny Hockey is a piece to be possibly involved and then getting moved again.

I would think that Eichel would be a sign that Calgary wants to re-sign Gaudreau and an enticement for him to stay.

1 minute ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Hold the line.

There is not a "developing Eichel" out there, or at least not one on the market.

Zegras is not on the market. Who is a developing Eichel you think we might get?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Hold the line.

I guess it depends on what you mean by the player who will 'develop into Eichel'

-If you are looking for someone who has played 5 seasons (not counting last year's 6th shortened season) and scored 30 goals a total of 1 time, who is 33rd in the NHL in points since he came into the league, tied for 43rd in goals, and even is his very best year, his 'elite year he was tied for 10th in points.....if THAT is what you consider Eichel, you have a chance (small one) of getting a team to give you a player that develops into that.

-If you are thinking Eichel is a top 5 player in the NHL, a 'generational' talent, a 1b to McDavid's 1a, a guy who would have a LOT more production if not for the bad players and coaches around him.....no chance at all you get anything close to that.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I would think that Eichel would be a sign that Calgary wants to re-sign Gaudreau and an enticement for him to stay.

There is not a "developing Eichel" out there, or at least not one on the market.

Zegras is not a developing Eichel. He is more a flashier Krebs.

There are no “developing Eichels” out there. You don’t need an Eichel to win. You need multiple good hockey players that can give you balanced scoring and a good attitude to win.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

He's not holding out, he's injured?

If that's true we should 100% be retaining that salary for the draft picks.  (Yes I have no problem spending other people's $.)

C'mon, like we don't need all the draft capital we can get our hands on?

Yes, but the injury could have been repaired a while ago is what im saying 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

We were never getting Eichel's replacement in this deal.

It was always fingers crossed we might get a Reinhart.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I don't recall that being the mindset from the start.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It wasn't. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Not until we realized what teams were actually offering.

54 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Hold the line.

48 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is where the rubber meets the road. We were never going to get Eichel’s replacement.  I think getting someone or maybe a couple someone’s akin to Reinhart would be a reasonable outcome.  Too many fans thought we’d be getting a top 5 player in the league. Never gonna happen. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I see Krebs as a Mike Richards comparable.

Hard working two way centre that provides leadership.

Mike Richards was valuable to his teams before his off ice issues.

Mike Richards was filthy on the ice.  Didn’t he blast Pominville into the boards head first?