Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Breaking

Throw Weissbach into that forward mix.  If he's not ready now, he will be by the end of the season.

You can also add in Ryan Johnson to the mix of prospects who are looking to make the big club in the near future. 

The below link was from the Buffalo News and written by Lance Lysowski. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/tapping-into-offensive-talent-may-have-sabres-prospect-ryan-johnson-on-cusp-of-pro-career/article_a2a06b4c-123c-11ec-be65-5f1b5018e74c.html

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, dudacek said:

They signed Whitecloud to term, making sure their top 4 is locked up, and Hutton to fill out their 3rd pair. That makes a D prospect expendable.

They nabbed Amadio to be a depth C. That makes a centre expendable.

They need to move about $5 million. That’s Theodore or Smith.

Could Krebs, Hague, Smith and a 1st actually have been the ask all summer and Vegas has finally decided to pay? 

Or maybe maybe Adams conceded a lesser prospect? Maybe conditions on the pick based on Jack’s health?

So what are the thoughts on the $5 million coming back from Vegas?  If it's Theodore or Smith then I think most of us would be happy to have them play in the lineup for the Sabres but I wonder if there's a concern about them not wanting to be here.  If that's the case do they trade that player or players coming back from Vegas for someone on LTIR and more picks or prospects?  So needing a 3rd team to help make this deal work overall. 

The Sabres do look like they are having fun as a team this season so maybe a veteran on the last year of his contract would like to come and play for us and then go at the deadline to a contender (assuming Sabres are out of the playoffs.......wow it's amazing to even think that this year).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Harrington reporting that Flames VP of hockey ops, Don Maloney was at the Ana-Buff game and is at today’s game too.  If the Flames are still in then who is he watching as part of a potential deal?

Brett Murray? 

For the first time this weekend, I actually got the feel from the reporters that a trade was close were true.  I think Friday was the first time I thought a trade was imminent. Oh well, we continue to wait....

I think it is even odds this thread gets to 400 pages before Eichel gets traded.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

For the first time this weekend, I actually got the feel from the reporters that a trade was close were true.  I think Friday was the first time I thought a trade was imminent. Oh well, we continue to wait....

I think it is even odds this thread gets to 400 pages before Eichel gets traded.

It’s funny. I have thought, and continue to think, that we are stuck with Eichel. We tanked for him. We got him. Like it or not. He’s ours. Deal with it.

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Maybe I should lock the thread again. Maybe that will shift the universe

Please no, as much as this thread is out of hand, it is the place many of us go to out of habit now.  We have gone this far, I say stick it out and just plow through all the bad posts here until a trade happens.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Harrington reporting that Flames VP of hockey ops, Don Maloney was at the Ana-Buff game and is at today’s game too.  If the Flames are still in then who is he watching as part of a potential deal?

It's hard for me to get excited about any trade with the Flames.  Other teams have some nice pieces but I'm not seeing anything that I really want from the Flames compared to the other potential trade partners.  Is Connor Zary worth it as the best prospect coming back or am I missing someone like Adam Ruzicka?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Digger said:

It's hard for me to get excited about any trade with the Flames.  Other teams have some nice pieces but I'm not seeing anything that I really want from the Flames compared to the other potential trade partners.  Is Connor Zary worth it as the best prospect coming back or am I missing someone like Adam Ruzicka?

Matthew “the Bison” Coronoto. Everyone says Krebs but Zary from Calgary plays a very similar game. Coronoto is a goal scoring beast. Those would be good gets in a Flames package.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Matthew “the Bison” Coronoto. Everyone says Krebs but Zary from Calgary plays a very similar game. Coronoto is a goal scoring beast. Those would be good gets in a Flames package.

Yes I agree that they are good prospects for the Flames but I am not as clear as to where in the lineup a Zary and Coronoto will play at the NHL level.  I was and am still hoping for a A+ prospect that can eventually play on the top line ideally at center.  Yes I know Krebs may not be that guy either but I believe he will be a great fit playing with Cozens either at center or one of them on the wing.  Maybe in the end we will end up with 3 centers that all play at a similar level in Mittlestadt, Cozens, and new prospect (TBD) coming back in the Eichel trade.  Hopefully another top center prospect in the 2022 draft too. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just giving everyone a heads up here in Vegas.

Krebs- going to be a solid playmaker with lots of energy, just don’t expect many goals.

Hague- His Skating has improved since being drafted but don’t expect him throwing his weight around. Has a booming shot when it hits the net. Solid player.

Theodore - Great skater with great offensive skills for a defenseman but needs more work in his own end.

Dugan - Still needs another year in the AHL plus needs to get faster. Needs to bring it shift after shift.

Rhonberg- Don’t know if this kid will ever be an everyday NHLer. Kid hustles but like most minor leaguers he doesn’t really stand out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Just giving everyone a heads up here in Vegas.

Krebs- going to be a solid playmaker with lots of energy, just don’t expect many goals.

Hague- His Skating has improved since being drafted but don’t expect him throwing his weight around. Has a booming shot when it hits the net. Solid player.

Theodore - Great skater with great offensive skills for a defenseman but needs more work in his own end.

Dugan - Still needs another year in the AHL plus needs to get faster. Needs to bring it shift after shift.

Rhonberg- Don’t know if this kid will ever be an everyday NHLer. Kid hustles but like most minor leaguers he doesn’t really stand out.

Thanks. Krebs sniped in juniors so I think that will come in time.

what is the word/rumours in Vegas?

32 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Thanks. Krebs sniped in juniors so I think that will come in time.

what is the word/rumours in Vegas?

Nobody knows what to think here. Me personally I would love him in Vegas but the cost is just too high and I think it would set back this franchise. Plus VGK would have to shed money in order for this to happen. I wouldn’t pull the trigger for Eichel but that’s just me. I like Krebs as I think he’s going to be a very good player in this league. But losing a solid roster player or two to make this deal happen it would all depend on who. VGK needs a number 1 center and Eichel I think would thrive here. Too me it’s just about having too much money tied up in a few players. I’m all about developing players and finding players thru the draft. I’m still pissed Vegas never offered Perron a contract. To me that was a huge loss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1