Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This is what happens when the unstoppable force and the immovable object team up. Teams' reluctance to offer full value for a star who "wants out" at the best of times (and the accompanying desire to "win" deals) combined with the issue of trying to get value for a player that's hurt. No trade will happen until Jack gets a surgery (which isn't going to happen) and Adams then backs down a little, or if Adams backs down a lot, now. 

I don't see him backing down a lot, now, either. We need a team to really feel the pressure from their fanbase to DO SOMETHING, or this thing has no end in sight.

We should all join the message board of another team and complain about things.  

And this is what much of what is being reported is designed to do. Get Sabres fans in a twist and pressure team management to "do something!!!"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And this is what much of what is being reported is designed to do. Get Sabres fans in a twist and pressure team management to "do something!!!"

What has been reported that has made you or others here get into a twist and pressure team management to "do something!!!"?

If I wanted to pressure team management, how would I even do that?

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What is Brendan Brisson for piece 1. What is Dorofeyev or Elvenes for piece 2. Now if Krebs is not on the table, what is Zach Dean for piece 3. Toss in the cap dump and there we go. By cap dump I mean Tuch. 

I would need a guarantee that Brisson would sign with Buffalo and looking over the 2023 Draft a First as well. 

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Again, wtf would Buffalo trade for Hague? He would be on a depth chart that includes lefty defenders... Dahlin, Power, Bryson, Samuelsson, Johnson, and Novikov

Yes I was thinking the same.  Okay for this season maybe but pretty crowded on the left side.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Update from 32 Thoughts Podcast  on Eichel 

Per Friedman The Sabres prevailing thought is they were patient with Risto and got the deal that they want for Him and they are willing to do the same with Eichel.

Others feel they are getting closer to a resolution, but it still a few weeks away

Vegas apparently does not want to include Krebs or Hague in a return.

They wondered if Montreal is a potential spot, but the uncertainty with Bergervin probably effects that. 

Other Teams are sympathetic to Eichel, but they still would want control over players especially those with Big Contracts. 

Teams are asking about retention, Buffalo is saying no but will take a big contract back that has one or two years left. 

Hague is a name Marek threw out there like 3 or 4 months  ago and then regurgitated a couple days ago. I doubt he got any new info on it, he is just repeating what he knows from months  ago. I mean Hague doesn’t make much sense.  I think Krebs is the negotiating piece. It is not that Vegas will refuse to part with him but he is the hammer that these to get some other parts of the deal to their liking. ie “we will make Krebs available but you need to take this piece instead of that piece and the conditions of the draft pick need to be this rather then that.

Remember that these sources get their info from the team or agents so they are used as public negotiating pawns a lot of the time. I think Foley wants to win soon more then McCrimmon wants to hold onto Krebs. A couple more Vegas losses and Foley’s impatience might force something to shake loose.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

This is what happens when the unstoppable force and the immovable object team up. Teams' reluctance to offer full value for a star who "wants out" at the best of times (and the accompanying desire to "win" deals) combined with the issue of trying to get value for a player that's hurt. No trade will happen until Jack gets a surgery (which isn't going to happen) and Adams then backs down a little, or if Adams backs down a lot, now. 

I don't see him backing down a lot, now, either. We need a team to really feel the pressure from their fanbase to DO SOMETHING, or this thing has no end in sight.

We should all join the message board of another team and complain about things.  

I don't think KA should back down.  He holds all the power in this negotiation.  Tom Golisano once said, and I quote, "There are three facets to negotiation: Time, Information, and Power.  You try to get as many of these on your side as you can. Sometimes you don't have time on your side.  Sometimes you don't have knowledge.  Sometimes you don't have all the power, but the more you have on your side, the better off you are going to be."

So the Sabres absolutely have the power per the contract and CBA. 

The Sabres also have all the information with regards to Jack's condition, albeit they may interpret this information differently than Jack's doctor or other teams. The Sabres shared this information recently to help facilitate this trade and can't imagine they would do so if it was going to damage their negotiating position. 

Time is tilted towards the Sabres because Jack can't play until he gets surgery, but he also has a NMC that kicks in after the season.  The Sabres could technically drag this to the trade deadline, which would then keep Jack out of the playoffs this year too.  So both Jack and the team trading for him want to get this done ASAP.  

I don't want KA to blink, at least not yet, because he still has several months to make a deal happen.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I don't think KA should back down.  He holds all the power in this negotiation.  Tom Golisano once said, and I quote, "There are three facets to negotiation: Time, Information, and Power.  You try to get as many of these on your side as you can. Sometimes you don't have time on your side.  Sometimes you don't have knowledge.  Sometimes you don't have all the power, but the more you have on your side, the better off you are going to be."

So the Sabres absolutely have the power per the contract and CBA. 

The Sabres also have all the information with regards to Jack's condition, albeit they may interpret this information differently than Jack's doctor or other teams. The Sabres shared this information recently to help facilitate this trade and can't imagine they would do so if it was going to damage their negotiating position. 

Time is tilted towards the Sabres because Jack can't play until he gets surgery, but he also has a NMC that kicks in after the season.  The Sabres could technically drag this to the trade deadline, which would then keep Jack out of the playoffs this year too.  So both Jack and the team trading for him want to get this done ASAP.  

I don't want KA to blink, at least not yet, because he still has several months to make a deal happen.

Per the bold, regarding NMCs, is there a maximum amount of teams a player can list that he will/won’t agree to be traded to? Are those teams listed by the player at the time the clause is executed or is the list determined at a later time?

I wonder if the teams the Sabres have been rumored to have discussion with are ok with Jack anyway and, if so, that would seem to eliminate that time constraint as well. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Per the bold, regarding NMCs, is there a maximum amount of teams a player can list that he will/won’t agree to be traded to? Are those teams listed by the player at the time the clause is executed or is the list determined at a later time?

I wonder if the teams the Sabres have been rumored to have discussion with are ok with Jack anyway and, if so, that would seem to eliminate that time constraint as well. 

I believe the NMC list of cities is negotiated in. A player has the option to waive that clause any time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Fail to attend games

Michael Buble Check GIF by bubly

So, you think a lot of people are not attending games because Eichel has not been traded?  Or that low attendance is pressuring Adams into rushing an Eichel trade?  I doubt that very much.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Curt said:

So, you think a lot of people are not attending games because Eichel has not been traded?  Or that low attendance is pressuring Adams into rushing an Eichel trade?  I doubt that very much.

No, I'm saying that's really the *only* way a fan base can communicate anything to the ownership.  The message has been sent the only way a message can be, but it's got nothing to do with Eichel.

Just now, K-9 said:

Any idea if there is a maximum number of teams a player can list?

A No Movement Clause gives the player the option to decline to be traded to any team.

There is no list, the player can just say “no thanks” to any trade.

A Modified No Trade Clause usually has a list of a certain number of teams that the player can not be traded to.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

No, I'm saying that's really the *only* way a fan base can communicate anything to the ownership.  The message has been sent the only way a message can be, but it's got nothing to do with Eichel.

Agree.  The discussion was on the idea that the media reports were being put out in order to excite the fans into pressuring Adams to make an Eichel trade.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Curt said:

Agree.  The discussion was on the idea that the media reports were being put out in order to excite the fans into pressuring Adams to make an Eichel trade.

I think my point is... what does that pressure really accomplish?  Probably not what the fans intend.

(except maybe in NYC or TO)

11 minutes ago, Curt said:

A No Movement Clause gives the player the option to decline to be traded to any team.

There is no list, the player can just say “no thanks” to any trade.

A Modified No Trade Clause usually has a list of a certain number of teams that the player can not be traded to.

So a player can refuse to be traded entirely then if he chooses. Might be a long five years for Eichel then.

• Like (+1) 1