Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

59 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The Sabres should be impatient here, too. Right now, they’ve got nothing to show for Eichel or the suffering done to acquire him. They need this over sooner rather than later unless the hope is to kick the return as far down the road as possible which I can’t imagine is the case.

You are creating your own pressure by worrying about sunk costs. Move on. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 6

10 hours ago, tom webster said:

Why? The return they receive for a Eichel will likely have minimal impact on this season. Why is there any pressure for them to do anything before they are ready?

The same reason every team prefers players a little farther along in development in trades.

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No, that’s not what’s happening.

It’s exhausting that this board has become “you’re with us or against us” for a franchise that has given nothing but disappointment for a decade plus. Yes, I know what the response to this will be.

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Agree the suffering we went through is a sunk cost, the Eichel asset is assuredly not. I suppose that's why Kevyn is waiting so long

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

If the Knights are desperate for a help now, thinking Jak isn’t the answer 

though, I do believe it’s the most likely landing spot for him 

That being said , I have no issue with the trade not happening until the deadline or the off season 

Maybe a team like the Knights have a disappointing season and finish out of the playoffs.  
After a bad season that’s when teams may be tempted to up their offer plus the Sabres will know where the first round pick will land.  A top 10 pick has exponentially more value than say the 25th pick 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

If the Knights are desperate for a help now, thinking Jak isn’t the answer 

though, I do believe it’s the most likely landing spot for him 

Any team Jack goes to probably okay's the surgery he wants, right? If the deal happens before X-mas, I believe the recovery time from his chosen surgery would indeed have him back and playing this year 

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Any team Jack goes to probably okay's the surgery he wants, right? If the deal happens before X-mas, I believe the recovery time from his chosen surgery would indeed have him back and playing this year 

That would be the plan, but the clock is ticking...

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

The same reason every team prefers players a little farther along in development in trades.

No, that’s not what’s happening.

It’s exhausting that this board has become “you’re with us or against us” for a franchise that has given nothing but disappointment for a decade plus. Yes, I know what the response to this will be.

Sorry “the same reason every team prefers players a little farther along in development in trades.” Is a lame answer. Let’s say, for hypothetical sakes, the deal is Kreb’s, Hague and a 1st; is there any reasonable reason from Buffalo’s side, that this trade must happen now as opposed to a few months from now? 
I believe a deal is close at hand because teams are offering more but I see no reason the trade has to happen now just because others need it to happen.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Incorrect. If anything the board is split between those that want to beat a dead horse and those who want to move forward. Rehashing the failures of the Sabres is fun but means nothing to the job at hand. New management. New coaches. New players. Only the owners are the same and they appear to be letting the GM handle things. Eichel is the last remnant to deal with and is only a distraction of you allow it to be.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Well that is what is being sold. 6 weeks to a new Jack. We never get an opposing view.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Incorrect. If anything the board is split between those that want to beat a dead horse and those who want to move forward. Rehashing the failures of the Sabres is fun but means nothing to the job at hand. New management. New coaches. New players. Only the owners are the same and they appear to be letting the GM handle things. Eichel is the last remnant to deal with and is only a distraction of you allow it to be.

They way you frame it here works to prove his argument. I'm not taking sides in this - but the bolded bit frames it as right v wrong, just like he was alluding to. "beat a dead horse" does not have a neutral connotation. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They way you frame it here works to prove his argument. I'm not taking sides in this - but the bolded bit frames it as right v wrong, just like he was alluding to. "beat a dead horse" does not have a neutral connotation. 

Wow okay. I'm open to hearing how relitigating the past 10 seasons is the right way to rebuild the franchise.

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wow okay. I'm open to hearing how relitigating the past 10 seasons is the right way to rebuild the franchise.

Is that what we are doing? I don't think I have enough LEGO..

If people wanna discuss things like Jack Eichel, or things that happened in previous Sabres seasons, they should have at it. Why not? This is a Sabres message board. I'm a bit befuddled by the more recent common occurrence around here of threads and discussion points being labeled "unnecessary" or whatever. It's weird. We need less gatekeeping. 

On a side note, Jack Eichel remains a topic of discussion for at least as long as he is still technically a member of this team (and likely, much longer, if we are being honest). This is the other side of the "trust the process" coin. No one gets to decide that Jack Eichel isn't a distraction for this franchise because they don't want him to be - if the fans want to talk about Jack Eichel, the fans are the franchise, too. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

Update from 32 Thoughts Podcast  on Eichel 

Per Friedman The Sabres prevailing thought is they were patient with Risto and got the deal that they want for Him and they are willing to do the same with Eichel.

Others feel they are getting closer to a resolution, but it still a few weeks away

Vegas apparently does not want to include Krebs or Hague in a return.

They wondered if Montreal is a potential spot, but the uncertainty with Bergervin probably effects that. 

Other Teams are sympathetic to Eichel, but they still would want control over players especially those with Big Contracts. 

Teams are asking about retention, Buffalo is saying no but will take a big contract back that has one or two years left. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per Friedman The Sabres prevailing thought is they were patient with Risto and got the deal that they want for Him and they are willing to do the same with Eichel.

Others feel they are getting closer to a resolution, but it still a few weeks away

They wondered if Montreal is a potential spot, but the uncertainty with Bergervin probably effects that. 

Other Teams are sympathetic to Eichel, but they still would want control over players especially those with Big Contracts. 

Teams are asking about retention, Buffalo is saying no but will take a big contract back that has one or two years left. 

move like a Hoverdate 

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

LOL. If the best piece currently being offered for Eichel is worse than Hague, why is Vegas still in this conversation?

This is what happens when the unstoppable force and the immovable object team up. Teams' reluctance to offer full value for a star who "wants out" at the best of times (and the accompanying desire to "win" deals) combined with the issue of trying to get value for a player that's hurt. No trade will happen until Jack gets a surgery (which isn't going to happen) and Adams then backs down a little, or if Adams backs down a lot, now. 

I don't see him backing down a lot, now, either. We need a team to really feel the pressure from their fanbase to DO SOMETHING, or this thing has no end in sight.

We should all join the message board of another team and complain about things.  

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman. Gotta love his schtick. Nothing new. Absolute regurgitation. Brisson needs to give him something else to shill.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Again, wtf would Buffalo trade for Hague? He would be on a depth chart that includes lefty defenders... Dahlin, Power, Bryson, Samuelsson, Johnson, and Novikov

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

LOL. If the best piece currently being offered for Eichel is worse than Hague, why is Vegas still in this conversation?

Thinking about this, it might be that the deal is viewed in tiers, piece 1, piece 2, etc

So the "piece 1" for them hasn't reached Krebs level, 

and the piece 2 doesn't reach Hague level, etc. 

Rather than no piece at all reaching, presumably, slightly below Krebs level. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Is that what we are doing? I don't think I have enough LEGO..

If people wanna discuss things like Jack Eichel, or things that happened in previous Sabres seasons, they should have at it. Why not? This is a Sabres message board. I'm a bit befuddled by the more recent common occurrence around here of threads and discussion points being labeled "unnecessary" or whatever. It's weird. We need less gatekeeping. 

On a side note, Jack Eichel remains a topic of discussion for at least as long as he is still technically a member of this team (and likely, much longer, if we are being honest). This is the other side of the "trust the process" coin. No one gets to decide that Jack Eichel isn't a distraction for this franchise because they don't want him to be - if the fans want to talk about Jack Eichel, the fans are the franchise, too. 

Point taken. But takes aren't protected from rebuttals. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Thinking about this, it might be that the deal is viewed in tiers, piece 1, piece 2, etc

So the "piece 1" for them hasn't reached Krebs level, 

and the piece 2 doesn't reach Hague level, etc. 

Rather than no piece at all reaching, presumably, slightly below Krebs level. 

What is Brendan Brisson for piece 1. What is Dorofeyev or Elvenes for piece 2. Now if Krebs is not on the table, what is Zach Dean for piece 3. Toss in the cap dump and there we go. By cap dump I mean Tuch. 

• Like (+1) 1