Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I remember back in the couple years after the tank, it seemed like MOST of the comments on this board were happy about the Evander Kane trade, people were saying back they they didn't want to wait to win and wanted to trade more of the picks for guys who could help right away, and of course like every year there were those who wanted to make big moves in the free agent market.

Then there were others who wanted to not trade away any of the picks, not sign any vets to big contracts unless they were brought up through the system and earned it, and even a couple comments about saving the money you would spend on players you traded for and/or free agents and using that to bolster the scouting dept and to bring in better coaches.  There weren't many of those posters though, and their voices were drowned out by seemingly a 5 to 1 ratio of those who wanted to team to get good and do it quickly.

Well, we are back close to that same 'starting' point again.  Are we still tired of losing and want to take shortcuts to be good again in just a year or two? Or do we want to do it the 'right way' this time, even it it takes 2 times as long (or more)?

I wasn’t on this board back then, but I didn’t want to trade picks.  Only trade I was excited about was the ROR trade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Freidman says he believes the Sabres had talks with at least one team this week.

More interesting to me, he said there is an expectation there may be direction on what will happen in terms of Eichel's surgery as soon as the end of this week. He has heard the Sabres have circled back to the idea that the injury has healed/is healing itself.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/eichels-relationship-sabres-still-storyline-ahead-training-camps/

Also Eklund's Eichel go-round offered a 2-for-1 special today: a 3-way involving the Kings and the Flames. Imagine how much pressure is on the Knights now 😜

That jives w my source, see my post earlier today. 😘

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Freidman says he believes the Sabres had talks with at least one team this week.

More interesting to me, he said there is an expectation there may be direction on what will happen in terms of Eichel's surgery as soon as the end of this week. He has heard the Sabres have circled back to the idea that the injury has healed/is healing itself.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/eichels-relationship-sabres-still-storyline-ahead-training-camps/

Also Eklund's Eichel go-round offered a 2-for-1 special today: a 3-way involving the Kings and the Flames. Imagine how much pressure is on the Knights now 😜

What the heck does “circled back to the idea that Jack’s injury has healed/is healing itself” supposed to mean?  Are they just sitting in a room guessing? Have they fired all the medical professionals?  

“Look at this pic of Jack on his Instagram feed, his neck looks fine. OK problem solved.”😂

43 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What the heck does “circled back to the idea that Jack’s injury has healed/is healing itself” supposed to mean?  Are they just sitting in a room guessing? Have they fired all the medical professionals?  

“Look at this pic of Jack on his Instagram feed, his neck looks fine. OK problem solved.”😂

His under contract, they can scan his neck at will.

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I remember back in the couple years after the tank, it seemed like MOST of the comments on this board were happy about the Evander Kane trade, people were saying back they they didn't want to wait to win and wanted to trade more of the picks for guys who could help right away, and of course like every year there were those who wanted to make big moves in the free agent market.

Then there were others who wanted to not trade away any of the picks, not sign any vets to big contracts unless they were brought up through the system and earned it, and even a couple comments about saving the money you would spend on players you traded for and/or free agents and using that to bolster the scouting dept and to bring in better coaches.  There weren't many of those posters though, and their voices were drowned out by seemingly a 5 to 1 ratio of those who wanted to team to get good and do it quickly.

Well, we are back close to that same 'starting' point again.  Are we still tired of losing and want to take shortcuts to be good again in just a year or two? Or do we want to do it the 'right way' this time, even it it takes 2 times as long (or more)?

Yes I did not want to wait any longer.  The Sabres killed the winning culture and pride in the room the year we tanked for Eichel.  There was definitely excitement when we traded for O'Reilly that we would be turning the corner.  It was hard to see some of the players go with the trade but drafting Eichel and trading for O'Reilly was great.  I just remember being concerned when we traded for Kane about the dressing room concerns with the Jets and the fact that we really seemed to overpay for him (remember he was injured at the time).  Who the heck were we bidding against?  Those were Murray's moves and his vision for the team.  The shine started to come off both players before he was fired.  Changing GM's was part of the problem with that vision because we dumped both players for a fraction of the cost to acquire them.

I'm okay with being patient this year (because I have no other choice) but I really hope that we can improve the team going into the next off season (by adding more than Owen Power).  The good news is that we won't be overly burdened with huge cap hits other than Skinner and Okposo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

LOL, okay. So now we're citing alternate realities to prove incompetence.  May I remind you that Brandon Beane swung two trades to get up from pick #23 to #7. Not to mention Beane/McDermott went all in on Allen when every "expert" and their grandmother said Allen was fool's gold. Yeah, tell us another story.

I just can't believe you guys gave away patrick mahomes 

17 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

What have we been doing the last ten years . 😞

Ya. Sound strategy in perception or not, asking the paying customer for "patience" is rich. 

17 hours ago, Radar said:

I'm too old for long term rebuilds. Just vive me an entertaining team. Not so much interested in competing for the cup.......just freaking entertain me PLEASE!!

The best post. 

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So if Eichels injury heals without any surgery at all how much does that vindicate the medical staff and how much of a petulant ass does Eichel look like for publicly insisting on something that was not only very risky but ultimately unnecessary?

I want him gone on principle now. Be healthy, re-establish value. Immediately sell.

He fired his agent to save face.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So if Eichels injury heals without any surgery at all how much does that vindicate the medical staff and how much of a petulant ass does Eichel look like for publicly insisting on something that was not only very risky but ultimately unnecessary?

Fun. 

Reveling in a young man being dead ass wrong about something is one way to go about it, but to me I'm much more interested in considering what kind of stance KA may be able to take in negotiations with that news, and how much our return is likely to increase. 

To classify Eichel as a sulking assh*le seems a pretty broad brush, but whatever at this point. We've gone there. To each their own. Don't want to have to post the *goingincircles.gif* on myself. 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I want him gone on principle now. Be healthy, re-establish value. Immediately sell.

Why do you want him gone ? Honesty every one here would do the same thing. 

Let me tell you everyone loves working for a company that is incompetent of being successful 

15 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He's not the player I want as the leader and face of my franchise. There are plenty of players who have gone through a lot of frustrations with their teams and not acted the way he did. He put his cards on the table. This is what Jack Eichel is and how he's going to react. Why should I expect a different reaction to future issues? Why shouldn't I expect him to put a gun to the franchise's head again at some point? Bye Jack, it's been real. 

I do work for a place like that and I don't get 10m guaranteed a year to put up with the nonsense of it.

It’s an ever changing opinion when it comes to Jack Eichel. For me at least. Where I am today… Is, I do want him traded away. I don’t see him as a leader that I was hoping he would be. He’s as talented as all hell. Extremely talented. He’s going to have a great career moving forward. I just don’t see him as that leader that has that extra some thing where people will want to go through a wall for him. In a way he seems a little divisive. Perhaps immature in a way. He doesn’t seem to bring the entire team together. From an outside point of view… Because I do not know the locker room… That’s just how I see it.

So yeah… Today… I just want him traded. but I always leave open the possibility that that opinion may change.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Fun. 

Reveling in a young man being dead ass wrong about something is one way to go about it, but to me I'm much more interested in considering what kind of stance KA may be able to take in negotiations with that news, and how much our return is likely to increase. 

To classify Eichel as a sulking assh*le seems a pretty broad brush, but whatever at this point. We've gone there. To each their own. Don't want to have to post the *goingincircles.gif* on myself. 

It will very interesting to see what kind of attitude Jack brings to camp if he's there.

He'll certainly help his cause if he comes in all business.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It will very interesting to see what kind of attitude Jack brings to camp if he's there.

Yes I agree it will help his cause if he can be professional.  I think he needs some help in his interview skills since he doesn't really come across very positive (not just talking about his locker clean out one).  Maybe his agent will help him with that or at least help his awareness of how he comes across.

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Gotta be. If it turns out he was wrong about the proper treatment, definitively, the league will know that, and that’s one thing.  But acting up in camp would remove the “he was just mistaken” caveat and be some pretty solid proof there’s attitude issues there. He can’t risk that if he wants out, it defeats his purpose. 

I personally think he’d be ready to go, on ice, without that internal calculation  - because he’s a natural competitor and that’s all I’ve ever seen from him on an actual ice surface. But purely self motivated or not I think he’d be giving off a good impression.

He has a total of one on camera appearance that has caused a disturbance. I don’t think outwardly it would appear chaotic. 

That’s not to say that internally there might not be some tenseness, but I personally wouldn’t expect a dog and pony show in front of the media 

Edited by Thorny

13 minutes ago, Digger said:

Yes I agree it will help his cause if he can be professional.  I think he needs some help in his interview skills since he doesn't really come across very positive (not just talking about his locker clean out one).  Maybe his agent will help him with that or at least help his awareness of how he comes across.

Jack’s interviews were lacking pre-2019/20 season yet that year had come leaps and bounds 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:44 AM, dudacek said:

Donnie is the most important element on this year's team.

Dahlin number 2. He needs to emerge as a on-ice leader. (Get him signed!)

Hmmm.  Get him signed  for how much ?   He has not emerged as a leader, or even as a consistent player.  

Edited by Pimlach

18 hours ago, Thorny said:

Fun. 

I certainly won’t revel in Eichel being wrong, if indeed he is healing by rest and rehab.   He is our single biggest ticket to improving the roster, and NOT by him sticking around either.   Trade him for a few good hockey  players and some futures.  He is not a guy you build around.  He just isn’t.  

Back in the 60’s and 70’s  he would get have been traded to the worst team in the league just out of spite.  Since we are already that,  it is up to KA to make his bones on this trade and get the max.  

I hope Jack shows up to camp and shows the rest of the league he is healthy.  In addition I hope he shuts his mouth and plays hockey.   If I’m Granato and Adams I shelter him from interviews.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I certainly won’t revel in Eichel being wrong, if indeed he is healing by rest and rehab.   He is our single biggest ticket to improving the roster, and NOT by sticking around either with.   Trade him for a few good hockey  players and some futures.  He is not a guy you build around.  He just isn’t.  

Back in the 60’s and 70’s  he would get have been traded to the worst team in the league just out of spite.  Since we are already that,  it is up to KA to make his bones on this trade and get the max.  

I hope Jack shows up to camp and shows the rest of the league he is healthy.  In addition I hope he shuts his mouth and plays hockey.   If I’m Granato and Adams I shelter him from interviews.  

He’s the captain of the team, he’s going to have to speak if he plays. He’s not going to go off. He would be up to it, I promise you. 

Irrelevant anyways as he’s getting traded before the season starts if he’s healthy