Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I don't see how trading, say Lafreniere and Schneider for example, for Eichel wouldn't make the Rangers a better team, now, obviously, but also for the next five years.

Yes, other pieces would have to be involved to make the cap work, but if I'm a Ranger fan, I'm all over a deal like that; I win that deal.

Yet most wouldn't even consider it.

They either have a much different opinion of Jack Eichel than I do, or they are outright liars.

I agree that the move would make the Rangers a better team once Eichel joined their lineup but I think that it was true for many of the teams that were or are rumored to be in on Eichel.  LA, Minnesota too in my opinion.  Everyone loves their A+ prospects I guess at least until they hit their ceilings in the NHL.  It seems to me that even first round draft picks are treasured more after the pick is taken (when the pick becomes a prospect with a name and hype about their potential).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Digger said:

I agree that the move would make the Rangers a better team once Eichel joined their lineup but I think that it was true for many of the teams that were or are rumored to be in on Eichel.  LA, Minnesota too in my opinion.  Everyone loves their A+ prospects I guess at least until they hit their ceilings in the NHL.  It seems to me that even first round draft picks are treasured more after the pick is taken (when the pick becomes a prospect with a name and hype about their potential).

I remember not too long ago being excited about Zemgus, Zadorov, Grigorenko, and Risto. In hindsight, I’d trade all 4 for a Jack Eichel. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I remember not too long ago being excited about Zemgus, Zadorov, Grigorenko, and Risto. In hindsight, I’d trade all 4 for a Jack Eichel. 

4 pieces, all former 1st round picks.  Yes makes you wonder about the potential return for Eichel.  I hope that we do better with at least one of the prospects coming back to be a top 6 NHL player (assuming this trade ever happens).

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Developing: Kings/Sabres Deal Being Worked. Eichel. Six total pieces. (E4)

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Developing-KingsSabres-Deal-Being-Worked-Eichel-Six-total-pieces-E4/1/113398

Probably bs

I was reading this too (agree that Eklund's stuff never pans out).  But it's fun to speculate on the Kings again.  Rasmus Kupari, Akil Thomas, Arthur Kaliyev, Alex Turcotte, Quinton Byfield, Brandt Clarke.  Most likely they won't want to move Byfield still and maybe not Clarke (their 2021 top pick) but there's some nice talent in their other top prospects to pick from.  I would think that they may be wanting to move Gabe Vilardi to make room for Byfield.

https://thehockeywriters.com/la-kings-2021-development-camp-takeaways/

Edited by Digger
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Developing-KingsSabres-Deal-Being-Worked-Eichel-Six-total-pieces-E4/1/113398

Probably bs

Well, the Kings already have $15.5 million invested in two veteran centres for the next three years, so what’s another $10 million centre, right?

And they signed LD Edler to go with Bjornfot and Maatta, so they definitely need to add Hagg.

And they have $2.7 million in cap space, so they shouldn’t have any problem fitting another $11.6 under the cap.

I mean everybody thinks Eklund makes stuff up, but you think he could at least put in a little more effort.

Personally I don’t really see the Kings making an offer, but if they did Johnny Quick would almost certainly be included as a cap dump.

Something like Eichel and Dell for Quick, Turcotte, and 2 other good prospects/picks might be in the ballpark of what might be on the table, but even that leaves the Kings over the cap.

Looks like Eklund is going to make the rounds for Eichel. New York last week, the Kings this week, maybe Minny next?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Probably bs

post something other than hockey buzz if you find it. What I mean is something more credible regarding this “rumor and speculation”. 👍🏼

Edited by Zamboni

44 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

post something other than hockey buzz if you find it. What I mean is something more credible regarding this “rumor and speculation”. 👍🏼

I agree hockey buzz is usually crap and have said so many times.  That being said when was the last credible rumor posted about an Eichel trade?  I'm not sure there's been any in this entire thread.  There's been nothing other than pure speculation.  Elliot Friedman said he really hadn't heard much except the same few teams kicking the tires again.  Eklund mentioning LA today made me look up if there was anything new on their prospects and they did have a development camp in August.

I'm looking forward to camp starting so there's something more interesting to discuss for the Sabres. 

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just checked in to see the Bills comments today and am still avoiding all Sabres related things until this fiasco is resolved. It has, imo, moved into the realm of ridiculous and definitely detrimental. 

Cozens wants to lead though. Cool. Called it. 

It’s not going to be resolved. The trade window was open, and then closed. I blame COVID. 

3 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

It’s not going to be resolved. The trade window was open, and then closed. I blame COVID. 

Nah.  The trade window is always open.

My source is saying there's a 65% chance something gets done here in the next 3 months.

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My source say that winter is coming and buffalo will get snow.... Book it 🤗

Even that's in doubt these days. I miss when I was a kid and we got snow from November to March. Doesn't seem like it starts really snowing until January now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Even that's in doubt these days. I miss when I was a kid and we got snow from November to March. Doesn't seem like it starts really snowing until January now.

If I never got snow again, I probably would miss it a little eventually, but it would be a long while before I did.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Oh man last major snow I seen been 30 years ago.   When I was 8 we still had 50cm some days. 
Now we are lucky to get 5cm one day a year and yeah I love the snow and miss it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Curt said:

If I never got snow again, I probably would miss it a little eventually, but it would be a long while before I did.

Snow during the last week of December around the Holidays, a few flakes in January would be nice too, maybe a day in late November.  Beyond that I'm OK with no snow.

As far as an Eichel trade, I'm not commenting much anymore because there is little left I can say that is new...but I still want it to get done asap, maybe more so now than even a few weeks or months ago.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2