Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

So, the talking heads are talking about the Olympics as if Eichel is C2. They are speculating the lineups but didn't hesitate to put Eichel in as a roster lock. 

Feels like a reach to assume right now that Jack will be back and or healthy by that time.

Begs the question:

If Jack is on LTIR with the Sabres, could he still play with the US Olympic team? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

So, the talking heads are talking about the Olympics as if Eichel is C2. They are speculating the lineups but didn't hesitate to put Eichel in as a roster lock. 

Feels like a reach to assume right now that Jack will be back and or healthy by that time.

Begs the question:

If Jack is on LTIR with the Sabres, could he still play with the US Olympic team? 

That is added proof to Jack's trade value, not to mention general opinion on health/ability to contribute this season.  Fire up the talking heads and keep pumping the Eichel tires.  All you lame low bidders, time to step up your game and become high bidders to win this World Class Elite Hockey Asset!!! GMKA hotline is open for business!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I read the Friedman link, got super pumped, and then had a rubber band snap moment of perspective — it’s necessary to do this, but there’s still a level on which it *sucks*. I hadn’t thought about that in a while. Ah well - onward.

I still don't think this is true, for my part. Though I accept that's sorta the excepted wisdom round these parts. 

Is this trade delayed because of someone even dumber than the fantasy traders here?

In other words, fans overrate their own, and a fan is running this show? Sorry... "fan."

I bet if it was up to KA this sideshow would be over.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Is this trade delayed because of someone even dumber than the fantasy traders here?

In other words, fans overrate their own, and a fan is running this show? Sorry... "fan."

No I think the fans would have had a deal worked out by the draft.  Real things like money and player health and surgery options and maybe even CBA now have got in the way (NHL business stuff).

Anaheim has always been the most attractive partner from our perspective, but the Rangers, Wild and Vegas should be the most interested buyers.

The Rangers still make the most sense in terms of a team where Eichel is a perfect fit for where they are and what they need, and where they could afford to pay a fair price yet still 'win' the trade.

Just don't pay attention to their fans.

Edited by dudacek

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Rangers still make the most sense in terms of a team where Eichel is a perfect fit for where they are and what they need, and where they could afford to pay a fair price yet still 'win' the trade.

Just don't pay attention to their fans.

Or the beat reporters and journalists that cover the rangers. I swear some of the worst trade proposals come out of the NY city media.....The Rangers should give the Sabres the 5th and 6th best prospect they have and a 3rd round pick in 2023, but ONLY if the Sabres eat most of Eichel's contract.    I swear that is some of the stuff I hear about the the Media from NY city.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see how trading, say Lafreniere and Schneider for example, for Eichel wouldn't make the Rangers a better team, now, obviously, but also for the next five years.

Yes, other pieces would have to be involved to make the cap work, but if I'm a Ranger fan, I'm all over a deal like that; I win that deal.

Yet most wouldn't even consider it.

They either have a much different opinion of Jack Eichel than I do, or they are outright liars.

League sources report that Jack Eichel and Kevyn Adams have been seen together at the offices of a well known relationship coach. Out of an abundance of respect for the privacy of the individuals we will not publish the name of the world famous marriage counselor involved. The sense around golf courses favored by NHL players is that Eichel and the Sabres are on a path to reconciliation. Eichel's new agent Pat Brisson is said to be preparing to call a press conference where he lays the entire blame for the friction on Eichel's former agent Peter Fish.

This was on HFB. 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

League sources report that Jack Eichel and Kevyn Adams have been seen together at the offices of a well known relationship coach. Out of an abundance of respect for the privacy of the individuals we will not publish the name of the world famous marriage counselor involved. The sense around golf courses favored by NHL players is that Eichel and the Sabres are on a path to reconciliation. Eichel's new agent Pat Brisson is said to be preparing to call a press conference where he lays the entire blame for the friction on Eichel's former agent Peter Fish.

This was on HFB. 

Personally I would absolutely love this to be true

• Like (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This was on HFB. 

I believe this was a joke.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

A very interesting take. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Do I detect a zing at the creator and overseer of Hockey Hell in Buffalo?  

I am sticking with the “this trade is not over because Eichel and Fish spooked the GM’s” theory.  Until there is more clarity on the neck of our favorite pain in the neck, this trade hangs in limbo.  

34 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This was on HFB. 

AAFE1B77-EF77-43F9-B182-E9A5220F3BC6.thumb.jpeg.302a7c31b451faed739659cba918f2ba.jpeg

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 5