Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think the grind has affected me enough that I accept he has to go.

Once you get there, it’s easy to say “they waited this long, that’s obviously the most they could have got.”

Even if the return itself pisses me off. 

New agent allows Jack to hit the reset button and blame Fish for everything.

I would be shocked if he took the extreme route you suggest under Brisson.

Brisson will talk to the Sabres, talk to the suitors, talk to Jack and figure out why the process has broken down.

And if there’s a path out, he has the clout to put all parties in it.

C'mon, let's bring it in for a group hug!

teletubbies-tinky-winky.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Buffalo only pays if their doctor's are onboard.   

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Doubt it. According to some quick searching, it costs about $35,000 in Germany for this. Considering most here say you go to Europe for it, I would use that as a baseline. Not a lot of money for someone who made 10 million bucks last year. 

Okay, but isn't Denver-based Dr. Prusmack the guy who Jack wants? What does he charge for patients without insurance? I say that because I doubt Jack's personal health insurance would cover it.

My pre-adjusted bill for my knee replacements/implants would be enough for a Lamborghini.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

45 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm not saying he's an idiot? I'm saying, for any GM, at the best of times, it's difficult to pull off a trade of a star player

It's a situation you'd preferably not be in. That's pretty much it

Yeah man, I never said you did.  It's just a consistent nauseating sentiment on SS and I started responding to a specific poster

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think this implies that Eichel was trying to make his resultant team better by trying to make GMKA take an ROR-type package to make the Sabres as bad as possible.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I think this implies that Eichel was trying to make his resultant team better by trying to make GMKA take an ROR-type package to make the Sabres as bad as possible.

And Adams called the bluff.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Sounds like that, doesn't it. He's kind of a prick for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Sounds like that, doesn't it. He's kind of a prick for that. 

I suspect it was his agent’s ploy, not his.

Glad we’re all acknowledging that Hasek was a prick for what he did.

#wontgetoverit

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Weave said:

I suspect it was his agent’s ploy, not his.

Glad we’re all acknowledging that Hasek was a prick for what he did.

#wontgetoverit

Agree on the agent's strategy.

Hasek got what he wanted in getting his name on the Stanley Cup.  We got a player that didn't want to play here.

I believe both sides have overplayed their hands, but I don't think there was ever much of a market for an injured player who is owed $50 mill in a flat cap world.  Jack was always going to have to get back on the ice for Buffalo to get value for him.  The two sides should have figured out a way to get some sort of surgery done already so that Jack could be ready by camp. Both sides needed to move to get something done.  Jack's old agent basically told KA to allow him to get the surgery he wants, pay him all the money and trade him immediately and never negotiated to get a deal done.  KA should have and did says FU and I think this ultimately lead to the agent change.  My guess is the new agent is willing to change something in Jack's position to get a deal done.  Could it be waiving his coming NMC, could it be the type of surgery? Both are possible, but I think the more likely solution is the purchase of an insurance policy of some kind to protect the Sabres $ wise if he gets the disc replacement surgery.  

I have a friend in the specialty insurance business, I'll have to ask him what is possible.  Ultimately Jack is going to have to get some type of surgery and prove healthy before the Sabres can trade him.  It's way past time for Jack and Ka to figure something. out.

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I believe both sides have overplayed their hands, but I don't think there was ever much of a market for an injured player who is owed $50 mill in a flat cap world.  Jack was always going to have to get back on the ice for Buffalo to get value for him.  The two sides should have figured out a way to get some sort of surgery done already so that Jack could be ready by camp. Both sides needed to move to get something done.  Jack's old agent basically told KA to allow him to get the surgery he wants, pay him all the money and trade him immediately and never negotiated to get a deal done.  KA should have and did says FU and I think this ultimately lead to the agent change.  My guess is the new agent is willing to change something in Jack's position to get a deal done.  Could it be waiving his coming NMC, could it be the type of surgery? Both are possible, but I think the more likely solution is the purchase of an insurance policy of some kind to protect the Sabres $ wise if he gets the disc replacement surgery.  

I have a friend in the specialty insurance business, I'll have to ask him what is possible.  Ultimately Jack is going to have to get some type of surgery and prove healthy before the Sabres can trade him.  It's way past time for Jack and Ka to figure something. out.

Not convinced about the bolded statement.  Prove healthy to be tradable?   Yes, I’ve been saying that for a long 

Rest and rehab - are you certain this isn’t working?   Can Jack return to play this year, get his trade, and then deal with surgery down the road.  I never understand his rush to surgery other than a “disconnect” trade ploy.  

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How did the Sabres overplay their hand? The GM played this complicated situation that was foisted on him as well as one can expect. As it stands no team is willing to give up top tier young players or prospects for an injured player whose future health status is not known. When healthy Jack is a top 10-15 talent. So unless there is a reasonable offer made for him the best approach is to wait until Jack is restored as a player and then get back to the market to see if a deal can be made that benefits the organization. 

The Sabres can't control what Jack and his representatives do. What they can control is what they do. Considering what his options are our GM is handling this situation adroitly. The template not to follow is the ROR trade. To their credit that is not the script that the organization is not following. 

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Do they really need insurance? If he gets the surgery now, it will be against the Sabres doctors‘ recommendations and he will have voided his contract. That’s why Jack hasn’t done it yet.

I don’t think the risk to the Sabres is monetary. The risk is that if it doesn’t work, they lose the asset that is Jack, either for a trade or as a player.

46 minutes ago, JohnC said:

How did the Sabres overplay their hand? The GM played this complicated situation that was foisted on him as well as one can expect. As it stands no team is willing to give up top tier young players or prospects for an injured player whose future health status is not known. When healthy Jack is a top 10-15 talent. So unless there is a reasonable offer made for him the best approach is to wait until Jack is restored as a player and then get back to the market to see if a deal can be made that benefits the organization. 

The Sabres can't control what Jack and his representatives do. What they can control is what they do. Considering what his options are our GM is handling this situation adroitly. The template not to follow is the ROR trade. To their credit that is not the script that the organization is not following. 

Yes they can. He’s under contract. I agree with the rest, though.

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yes they can. He’s under contract. I agree with the rest, though.

The point I was making is that the Sabres can't control how the other side conducts itself in this saga. KA has been steadfast and non-public about the issue. The other side has created more commotion to little positive effect. In my mind as challenging as this situation is the GM has handled himself well. 

Adams deserves credit for standing firm so far on return. 

It doesn't however make sense to paint him as doing the best with a situation that he was saddled with, as there has been plenty of indication Adams was/had been exploring a deal for Jack for a long time previous to the events of this summer. 

We don't know exactly who initiated the process but we certainly don't have enough information to claim to a certainty that either side didn't play a role in instigating the process. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Adam’s doesn’t deserve a lick of credit unless and until he can pull off an acceptable trade for Jack and turn this ***** franchise around.

He has been holding the line, won’t take that away from him. 

20 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Do they charge by size? If you stayed with a reasonable cup size it may have been corvette price comparable.

New knees and huge jugs at the same time? 

Ha ha, good one. I hate to call my knees replacements since most of it is still there. They just covered my damaged cartilage with 3D- printed implants.

I’m not giving credit to anyone on either side of this until a deal is done. Even then what comes next will be even more important. I don’t understand the rush to credit Adams for doing literally nothing, especially when we have no way of knowing what (if any) offers have been made.

42 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’m not giving credit to anyone on either side of this until a deal is done. Even then what comes next will be even more important. I don’t understand the rush to credit Adams for doing literally nothing, especially when we have no way of knowing what (if any) offers have been made.

Yeah. That's the point. He didn't do anything like getting pressured into a bad deal. That is a good thing. I know it feels counterintuitive. He did good by doing nothing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2