Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

23 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I can respect your optimism, but unless the goaltending is upgraded, and assuming Jack is gone, this is a bottom 5 team(maybe bottom 2), no matter how you slice it.

[edited]The coaches "system" only works when you have talented players to execute it. 

And Granato won't be sneaking up on anyone next season.  I guess people think performance carries over from one season to the next as if opponents aren't adapting. 

Still believe people are minimizing the chasm opened by not having Jack and Sam next season.  The remaining forward group will be under a lot more pressure and it's a complete unknown how Mittelstadt and Cozens handle that.  Granato's "system" only goes so far and means the players gotta swim or will sink.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

And Granato won't be sneaking up on anyone next season.  I guess people think performance carries over from one season to the next as if opponents aren't adapting. 

Still believe people are minimizing the chasm opened by not having Jack and Sam next season.  The remaining forward group will be under a lot more pressure and it's a complete unknown how Mittelstadt and Cozens handle that.  Granato's "system" only goes so far and means the players gotta swim or will sink.

That's why they play the games, right? We'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We are equating "unknown" with "talentless." That's part of what draws me. Seeing what some of these unknowns can do. Many of them have a Granato connection.  Maybe our new analytics guys can find some gems.

40 year old washed up Craig Anderson and Aaron Dell is just about the worst goaltending tandem I could ever remember an alleged NHL team having. It doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is because they are giving up 5+ goals almost every night with those two in net.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

40 year old washed up Craig Anderson and Aaron Dell is just about the worst goaltending tandem I could ever remember an alleged NHL team having. It doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is because they are giving up 5+ goals almost every night with those two in net.

Dell will surprise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Dell will surprise.

2.83 GAA, .906 SV% over 114 NHL games.  Barely played last year, was used on a taxi squad most of the year.

Compare to 2.78 GAA, .912 SV% over 117 games for Linus.  Is he better than Linus?  Doubtful.  Is he close to Linus?  Eh.... maybe.  I mean, he's within a third decimal point of Linus's stats; you could say he's nearly identical.  Dell is 4 years older, played 4 years of NCAA hockey.  That's the difference between them really.

The Dell signing sounds like the kind of the way the Bills bring in several extra players to see any anyone sticks, then cut them.  He's a league minimum goalie with stats close to the guy the Bruins signed for $5M per year.  If he crashes and burns, no big loss, but he might just work out about as good as Ullmark.

If Adams' plan was to ride Ullmark for now but believes that we have better talent in the pipeline, we might be able to ride Dell for now until the pipeline is ready.  For $4M+ less per year.

Edited by Doohickie

9 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I’ve been unhappy to very unhappy with every dell computer I’ve owned, by the way.  

Geez ... I have loved every single one of mine.  Is that Dell guy still involved with the company?  Now, he was very annoying.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
GOODLY ...

6 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Geez ... I have loved every single one of mine.  Is that Dell guy still involved with the company?  Now, he was very annoying.

He's Michael Dell's once removed half nephew in-law.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 8/24/2021 at 11:27 AM, SabresVet said:

Granatos “system” will be fun to watch when the Sabres are getting caved in at G. 

I am hoping for a lot of 7-5 final scores. 

On 8/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, sabremike said:

Craig anderson was actually good as recently as 2016-2017. The 2 bad years after were woefully bad teams in Ottawa. I think if his numbers end up terrible, it's likely as much the defense as anything else. I also expect UPL to be the starter tbh.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Craig anderson was actually good as recently as 2016-2017. The 2 bad years after were woefully bad teams in Ottawa. I think if his numbers end up terrible, it's likely as much the defense as anything else. I also expect UPL to be the starter tbh.

That’s 5 seasons ago.

I feel like there is a pretty high likelihood that Anderson is a better goalie in 2021-22 than UPL.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

I think the Sabres have missed the sell on this. I expect a fairly low return now.

Odd considering 3 of the 4 teams rumored to be "in" on Eichel still have maintained the cap to add him. The 4th being Vegas who only needs to do 1 move to clear what they need to add him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

What makes you think "the sell" was ever there?

As in the offer we received / was in discussion 6 weeks ago will have been better than the current offers in discussion.

sadly because Eichel is our captain, this can’t just be put aside and have him represent the city whilst wanting out

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Anaheim still makes all the sense to me as they have the cap and prospects. We could even flip a LHD back to them with Eichel to sweeten the pot. 

Since Anaheim has historically been a budget-minded team, I think they are highly unlikely to take the economic risk on Eichel's injury without first seeing him playing NHL games at full throttle again.

• Like (+1) 2