Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

With respect, you missed @dudacek point that all you do is post in this thread that you do not believe Jack will be traded until he is healthy, with more words added, but that's the bottom line.  His suggestion, which maybe kind of tongue-in-cheekie, that you stay out of this thread until Jack is healthy is a pretty polite way of saying that you are not contributing in any way to the discussion of rumours and proposals.

I happen to agree with you that Johnny won't be traded until he is healthy because it's very unlikely the Sabres will get anywhere near his value in return.  I posted that once and then have sat back and enjoyed this thread and probably made a comment or two along the way about trade proposals / rumours.

I appreciate your comments and will take it to heart. But my stance on the Eichel trade issue has not been static. At first like most posters I was requiring a high yield in return for a trade. As time has gone on and the situation has evolved it is apparent that until his health status is clarified the return offers will not be consequential. The choice is either accept the lower return or wait until Jack is restored as a player (if that will happen) and then go back to the market. 

So in order to not create an obstruction on this topic I won't further post on it. At least for the foreseeable future. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I appreciate your comments and will take it to heart. But my stance on the Eichel trade issue has not been static. At first like most posters I was requiring a high yield in return for a trade. As time has gone on and the situation has evolved it is apparent that until his health status is clarified the return offers will not be consequential. The choice is either accept the lower return or wait until Jack is restored as a player (if that will happen) and then go back to the market. 

So in order to not create an obstruction on this topic I won't further post on it. At least for the foreseeable future. 

You can post, but after making your main point clear, as I have done just have fun with it.  Make proposals and spread rumours ... the more outlandish the better ... lol!!

Just pull a @pi2000 and just say 'my source' says this, or that, and you never have to back it up, as we all know that sources are just like sauces and they are all secret.

😉🍺

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You can post, but after making your main point clear, as I have done just have fun with it.  Make proposals and spread rumours ... the more outlandish the better ... lol!!

Just pull a @pi2000 and just say 'my source' says this, or that, and you never have to back it up, as we all know that sources are just like sauces and they are all secret.

😉🍺

If this thread was rumors and speculation, it would be somewhat acceptable. The fantasy trades and reactions to them make this thread unbearable and useless.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If this thread was rumors and speculation, it would be somewhat acceptable. The fantasy trades and reactions to them make this thread unbearable and useless.

Well, aren't you the party pooper.  You don't have to look in here.

😉

I will always love you, PA.

I disagree, it's the farfetched fantasy (the more farfetched the better) trades and reactions that make this thread fresh and exciting.  There has not been a legit leaked rumour for several days (weeks ??) now.

7 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Well, aren't you the party pooper.  You don't have to look in here.

😉

I will always love you, PA.

I disagree, it's the farfetched fantasy (the more farfetched the better) trades and reactions that make this thread fresh and exciting.  There has not been a legit leaked rumour for several days (weeks ??) now.

I'm with PA on this. This thread should be for credible rumors and speculation as much as it's possible to do that. Not for posters to propose trades. Could just have another thread for that. I'm a party pooper.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yet you keep coming back 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Informed speculation from the Flames Athletic beat writer: Monahan, Coronato, Dube and a 2022 first-round pick.

She says the package is close to the surface ask of 4 1st rounders

Monahan is there mostly to make the money work, Coronato was their top pick this year and their best prospect, Dube is young but has upside and is already an NHL player. She gives the impression Pelletier or Zary could be substituted for Dube or Coronato.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Informed speculation from the Flames Athletic beat writer: Monahan, Coronato, Dube and a 2022 first-round pick.

Monahan is there mostly to make the money work, Coronato was their top pick this year and their best prospect, Dube is young but has upside and is already an NHL player. She gives the impression Pelletier or Zary could be substituted for Dube or Coronato.

Throw in their third string goalie, who could be our starter.

Zary is a C and I thought Coronato was a winger.

Zary had 7 points in 9 AHL games after 24 in 15 WHL games.

Edited by French Collection

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Give me Dube, Zary and Monahan plus the 1st. 

While I’d keep Monahan, I’d guess he would only accept the move if we had another prepared. Retain half his contract and send him somewhere for another solid piece or two.

7 hours ago, Radar said:

I'm with PA on this. This thread should be for credible rumors and speculation as much as it's possible to do that. Not for posters to propose trades. Could just have another thread for that. I'm a party pooper.

This thread is too strong for blasters credibility. 'Space Group, use your rumors and unverified Twitter handles. Bet the over on the poll. It might be our only chance of stopping them to get over 400 pages.

(We'll one day look back at the reward of the Eichel trade being the threads we made along the way.)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

A trade with the Flames would likely need a 3rd party being a broker. 

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

Any link to this?

Ah, I imagine it’s somewhere in this? https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/salvian-if-the-flames-are-gonna-trade-for-eichel-buffalo-will-have-to-take-salary-back-1.1680987

22 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The situation with Eichel right now is terrible. The thread is just a function of that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

The situation with Eichel right now is terrible. The thread is just a function of that.

I agree. however, I can't stop checking the thread because I really just want to know an update if there is any.

I just want this resolved already.  Right now I'd rather have him traded, but any resolution would be great (like him and the Sabres making joint statements he is staying long term.). Just not to have this hanging in the wind for so long.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree. however, I can't stop checking the thread because I really just want to know an update if there is any.

I just want this resolved already.  Right now I'd rather have him traded, but any resolution would be great (like him and the Sabres making joint statements he is staying long term.). Just not to have this hanging in the wind for so long.

We are in the dead days of the NHL schedule. 

My speculation is that it will only be crickets until we start getting close to training camp. That’s when the pressure will build up again. 

8 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Next week is the week.  👀

I’m assuming you are talking about the NYR, LV connection. I’m not sure there is anything to it but things have really tightened up with the KA regime. If I had to guess, I’m guessing Buffalo is hoping a straight deal with LV but is prepared to settle for a three way with the NYR. Just to be clear, this is all just speculation on my part given where things stood before the draft. If nothing else, Wookie and Dudacek can work on a scenario that has Z ending up in LV and Jack going to NYR. Have at it boys.

11 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m assuming you are talking about the NYR, LV connection. I’m not sure there is anything to it but things have really tightened up with the KA regime. If I had to guess, I’m guessing Buffalo is hoping a straight deal with LV but is prepared to settle for a three way with the NYR. Just to be clear, this is all just speculation on my part given where things stood before the draft. If nothing else, Wookie and Dudacek can work on a scenario that has Z ending up in LV and Jack going to NYR. Have at it boys.

I would never project any situation Eichel ends up a Ranger to be perfectly honest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1