Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So Krebs, Tuch, Elvenes, and Reilly... and a first... 

Im probably in. I don't love it but I don't hate it as much as I though I might. 

I don’t think they’re getting that much. I think it’s one piece too heavy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Krebs, Reilly, Elvenes and a First would be My Bet 

Not even Tuch?  We need a centrepiece like Krebs coming back but frustrating that none of the other pieces are going to be more then lottery tickets…..

Edited by Derrico

I can live with it because I’m a Krebs fan and seeing a centre with top six potential included is a priority for me.

That said, the other three parts are generally pretty meh: Elvenes and a Vegas 1st are 50/50 to be NHL players; Reilly Smith is a good player, but his value to us, is in his potential as a flip. And that is probably going to be another 50/50 prospect or pick.

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It would be a pretty meh return.  Would love to get another puck out of them.  Wouldn’t be surprised, or crushed though.  Vegas would need to make another move to get cap compliant I think.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Why the certainty on Tuch and Reilly?

40 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

^ That could be it. I think the Tuch injury opens up the door on that front for both Vegas, and Adams, potentially. Could see above being (+) Tuch (-) 1st, instead. 

- - - 

Sticking point right now IMO could be Elvenes/Hague, if I had to guess, with Adams pushing for Elvenes. A bit surprised to see little backing for him as a piece - looking through what he’s done and what’s been said about him since he was picked - probably one of the better secondary prospects pieces we’ve seen in a hypothetical  deal. Beyond the Perreaults, I think. I’d wager to say he looks like a sure fire NHLer more so than a 50/50 piece. 

Krebs/Elvenes/Tuch is decent 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

^ That could be it. I think the Tuch injury opens up the door on that front for both Vegas, and Adams, potentially. Could see above being (+) Tuch (-) 1st, instead. 

- - - 

Sticking point right now IMO could be Elvenes/Hague, if I had to guess, with Adams pushing for Elvenes. A bit surprised to see little backing for him as a piece - looking through what he’s done and what’s been said about him since he was picked - probably one of the better secondary prospects pieces we’ve seen in a hypothetical  deal. Beyond the Perreaults, I think. I’d wager to say he looks like a sure fire NHLer more so than a 50/50 piece. 

Krebs/Elvenes/Tuch is decent 

Seems unlikely to me. If Vegas has agreed to move Krebs, this deal would be done. He's the important piece. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Seems unlikely to me. If Vegas has agreed to move Krebs, this deal would be done. He's the important piece. 

To me Krebs isn’t such a cant miss trade piece that i’d be making a deal once he’s on the table sans respect for side pieces. I could see Adams being high on Elvenes, not just from what Chad said obviously, but the style of game he plays.

If the offers for JE have been a barren wasteland perhaps he’d be/should be jumping at Krebs, and maybe you’re right that he would have if he’s available, but without knowing what else he’s sitting on i think there’s still a chance Adams is working on upgrading the deal as a whole 

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Good reading. Elvenes is one of those guys I'm not familiar with. 

Me neither.

I fully expect the trade to include someone we react to with a collective disdain that a few months later turns into hope because we learn things about him that get us excited.

It's kinda the way things work with fanbases.

• Like (+1) 1

Attached is a link that lists Vegas's top prospects in their system. If Krebs, Tuch and another one of their higher end prospects are included in a trade I'm fine with it. An interesting aside is that Brendan Brisson, one of their higher rated prospects, will be playing at Mich Univ. next season. If this deal turned out to be Krebs, Elvenes and Tuch I'm in. If Vegas players have to be included on top of the three I listed because of Vegas cap reasons then I still say make the deal. 

https://puckprose.com/2020/10/28/vegas-golden-knights-top-8-prospects-worth-getting-excited-about/

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If we get Krebs in a deal, is he our best prospect?

Krebs/Power/Cozens?

Power/Krebs/Cozens?

Power/Cozens/Krebs?

Or Cozens at 1, or not a prospect at all..etc

No I would say that Cozens is a better player overall.  They played on the same WJC team for Canada last year which was a good way to see them perform on a good team.  Cozens looked great in that tournament until the gold medal game when Zegras took over for the US.  Krebs will be a great player though and I would think he will match well with Cozens some day either on the same line or powerplay if the trade happens for us.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Krebs/Power/Cozens?

Power/Krebs/Cozens?

Power/Cozens/Krebs?

I don't yet know enough about Power, or Krebs, but neither has played in the NHL at all (Power), or not much (has Krebs had a look yet?).

Anyway, since Cozens IS an NHL player I would not consider him a prospect any longer.  Sure, if it were not the Sabres, maybe he would not have had a look at te NHL last year, but still for the Sabres ... not a prospect any more.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't yet know enough about Power, or Krebs, but neither has played in the NHL at all (Power), or not much (has Krebs had a look yet?).

Anyway, since Cozens IS an NHL player I would not consider him a prospect any longer.  Sure, if it were not the Sabres, maybe he would not have had a look at te NHL last year, but still for the Sabres ... not a prospect any more.

Kerbs  has played in 4 NHL and only 5 AHL games. The rest of his experience is in the WHL.

Edited by HoosierDaddy
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Krebs/Power/Cozens?

Power/Krebs/Cozens?

Power/Cozens/Krebs?

Interesting question.  I would say that Krebs and Cozens are very close.  I suppose I would give the edge to Cozens mostly because of NHL experience.  I’d put them both a little ahead of Power.

So, I’d have it Cozens, Krebs, Power right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Krebs/Power/Cozens?

Power/Krebs/Cozens?

Power/Cozens/Krebs?

Cozens-Krebs---Power

Krebs plays a different way than Cozens and I like both. 

• Like (+1) 3