Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Eklund, Robins, 2022 1st, and something

I would do that so fast, heads would spin. 

I would take either deal in a heartbeat though I imagine the Sharks are going to be very protective of their firsts the next few years considering the situation with the Karlsson trade. I don’t know that I ever need more than the three assets mentioned in either trade.

They’ve reportedly been shopping Timo Meier. I don’t want him to bog down value of the more important pieces but I’d be interested in bringing him in to either flip or keep.

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I would take either deal in a heartbeat though I imagine the Sharks are going to be very protective of their firsts the next few years considering the situation with the Karlsson trade. I don’t know that I ever need more than the three assets mentioned in either trade.

They’ve reportedly been shopping Timo Meier. I don’t want him to bog down value of the more important pieces but I’d be interested in bringing him in to either flip or keep.

Looking at their draft picks... 

2023 first, Eklund, Robins, Meier for Eichel and our 2023 2nd. 

10 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Again, why would other team buy a horse with a broken leg?

We're spitballing on a message board. Kane hasn't even seen his contract terminated. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Looking at their draft picks... 

2023 first, Eklund, Robins, Meier for Eichel and our 2023 2nd. 

We're spitballing on a message board. Kane hasn't even seen his contract terminated. 

I’m not giving a team our 2023 2nd in landing their first because if that team ends up being good one of main pieces ends up just being a very small move up the draft board. I’d be willing to do an asset in there but not the 2023 2nd.

Just now, Hoss said:

I’m not giving a team our 2023 2nd in landing their first because if that team ends up being good one of main pieces ends up just being a very small move up the draft board. I’d be willing to do an asset in there but not the 2023 2nd.

We have Phillies 2023 2nd as well. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We have Phillies 2023 2nd as well. 

I feel the same about that. If Philly ends up sucking and the team we deal Eichel to ends up being good it’s borderline eliminates the value of including the 1st.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

I feel the same about that. If Philly ends up sucking and the team we deal Eichel to ends up being good it’s borderline eliminates the value of including the 1st.

We could say the lower of the 2nds. It is a gamble sure but we gotta offer a sweetner I think if they are including Meier. We could toss in one of our many LHDs instead. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We could say the lower of the 2nds. It is a gamble sure but we gotta offer a sweetner I think if they are including Meier. We could toss in one of our many LHDs instead. 

The 2nd rounder wouldn’t be my sweetener. Looking at how pathetic their prospect pool is I wonder if we could send them one or two of our prospects we feel are stuck behind other players? One of the LHD makes a lot of sense since they didn’t seem to have many defensive prospects. Olofsson is all our favorite throw-in and I like him better than most but he might make sense for them.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Which is good. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer. I liked your earlier post about the fact he probably isn't going anywhere soon. So I was actually defending you against yourself, lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Which is good. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer. I liked your earlier post about the fact he probably isn't going anywhere soon. So I was actually defending you against yourself, lol

oh you're good, hard not to be a debbie downer this offseason

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Has it been mentioned what cervical level Jack is having issues at? This makes a difference. Different levels have different ranges of motion. If it’s C7/T1 that has very little motion but it’s also very hard to operate on because the surgeon has poor visibility to that level.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

Has it been mentioned what cervical level Jack is having issues at? This makes a difference. Different levels have different ranges of motion. If it’s C7/T1 that has very little motion but it’s also very hard to operate on because the surgeon has poor visibility to that level.

Jack is probably fine and just wants out. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Eklund, Robins, 2022 1st, and something

I would do that so fast, heads would spin. 

I came up with for SJS

Eichel for Couture(25% retained), Eklund, Robins, 2022 1st and 2023 1st

The 2022 1st has a Top 10 Protection that can be used to shift the picks 1 year into the future.

Couture is a guy who'd want to be here due to being a BIlls fan and from the area. Additionally he could be used as a shield for the young centers behind him. The retention makes him 6x6mil and a buyout becomes reasonable in a couple years regardless. 

Here's my version of it:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2681817

Edited by thewookie1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I came up with for SJS

Eichel for Couture(25% retained), Eklund, Robins, 2022 1st and 2023 1st

The 2022 1st has a Top 10 Protection that can be used to shift the picks 1 year into the future.

Couture is a guy who'd want to be here due to being a BIlls fan and from the area. Additionally he could be used as a shield for the young centers behind him. The retention makes him 6x6mil and a buyout becomes reasonable in a couple years regardless. 

Here's my version of it:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2681817

The Couture contract is bad even with retention. Based on his production the last two years he’s already slipping and you’ll be paying him until he’s 38. He’s the exact type of player Adams has spent all offseason saying they won’t acquire.

Not to mention there’s no chance San Jose traded their firsts in these two massive drafts considering a first they gave up recently ended up being third overall.

The most likely route with San Jose is Eklund, a first in one of the next two drafts and then them flipping Meier to a third team to grab another asset or two to send to us.

16 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

What team is going to trade a roster player, it’s top prospect(s), and multiple first-round picks for a guy who needs back surgery, is rumoured to be kind of a d-bag and may have a drug problem?

I have not read the 200+ posts here, and this is my first time speaking about this issue, but I just want to say that I think this Eichel situation is absurd. How in heaven's name can the Sabres possibly expect to get full value for a player whose health is in question?? (To be fair, I am not sure Adams is under any delusion about this.) And as the poster here says it, what team would make this trade for Eichel?? (Again, given the lack of movement, I am not sure that any other teams are under any delusion about this either.). No wonder no trade has happened.

The Sabres and Eichel have only one path forward in the immediate future--together. For now, at least, they are stuck with each other. They should sit down in a room and accept that fact, and ask--how can we move forward for now? Answer-- (1) let's come to an agreement on the medical procedure; (2) let's get Jack to full health; (3) let's get him on the ice producing at his near MVP clip, (4) then and only then, if we still want to part ways, we discuss it then. Who knows, maybe there is a shift in attitudes and Jack wants to stick around; otherwise, this is ludicrous.

Am I wrong about this? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

I have not read the 200+ posts here, and this is my first time speaking about this issue, but I just want to say that I think this Eichel situation is absurd. How in heaven's name can the Sabres possibly expect to get full value for a player whose health is in question?? (To be fair, I am not sure Adams is under any delusion about this.) And as the poster here says it, what team would make this trade for Eichel?? (Again, given the lack of movement, I am not sure that any other teams are under any delusion about this either.). No wonder no trade has happened.

The Sabres and Eichel have only one path forward in the immediate future--together. For now, at least, they are stuck with each other. They should sit down in a room and accept that fact, and ask--how can we move forward for now? Answer-- (1) let's come to an agreement on the medical procedure; (2) let's get Jack to full health; (3) let's get him on the ice producing at his near MVP clip, (4) then and only then, if we still want to part ways, we discuss it then. Who knows, maybe there is a shift in attitudes and Jack wants to stick around; otherwise, this is ludicrous.

Am I wrong about this? 

I would have agreed with you last week, but this became impossible when Jack’s agent went in that PR blitz on Friday. In order for Jack to play for the Buffalo Sabres, after all that has been said in the past few days, either TP has to fire GMKA in the middle of a rebuild or Jack has to fire his agent. Neither of those things are going to happen. I really don’t see any other outcome than trading him for a pick, a b prospect and a bad contract. 

13 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

I would have agreed with you last week, but this became impossible when Jack’s agent went in that PR blitz on Friday. In order for Jack to play for the Buffalo Sabres, after all that has been said in the past few days, either TP has to fire GMKA in the middle of a rebuild or Jack has to fire his agent. Neither of those things are going to happen. I really don’t see any other outcome than trading him for a pick, a b prospect and a bad contract. 

You just bury him, the option you gave would be completely unacceptable to the fans and I highly doubt they are so completely inept as to think otherwise

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a new wrinkle. When did this tidbit come out?

There have been rumours of that on other boards. I mean, it would be understandable if he had a problem with pain killers given his back/neck issues. But it has been rumoured that he picked up other bad habits from Kane and Bogo. It’s all just rumours, but if I’m hearing it in message boards then other GMs are hearing it too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1